• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As long as Samus isn´t denied to do literally everything by someone else in a future Metroid game, I am fine with any change she gets.
The problem isn’t that someone else told her when to use her upgrade. It’s that she listened and complied. Samus wouldn’t do that, she’d have turned it on anyway and told that general guy to go screwattack himself.

That render of Samus is so good tbh

IDK whats with media and being afraid to make girls anything between "kinda has muscles" and "big hulking muscle beast" but this issue needs to be fixed because right in the middle? That's the sweetspot
I don’t know. That Samus render looks a bit, disproportionate. I know i’m gonna sound like a prude but it looks like her waist is gonna snap in half.

I’m not really in to overly muscular designs on girls. To any degree. It just looks... off putting to me. Idk. Maybe it’s just because I’m not super comfortable with men.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The problem isn’t that someone else told her when to use her upgrade. It’s that she listened and complied. Samus wouldn’t do that, she’d have turned it on anyway and told that general guy to go screwattack himself.

I don’t know. That Samus render looks a bit, disproportionate. I know i’m gonna sound like a prude but it looks like her waist is gonna snap in half.

I’m not really in to overly muscular designs on girls. To any degree. It just looks... off putting to me. Idk. Maybe it’s just because I’m not super comfortable with men.
She does look just a little top-heavy but I don't see it as that big of a deal, maybe just make her legs and waist a bit more muscular?
As long as Samus isn´t denied to do literally everything by someone else in a future Metroid game, I am fine with any change she gets.
Wasn't there this one part in Other M where she's in a volcano or some **** and she doesn't turn on her heat-protection thingy until she gets "authorized" to? That seems like bs to me

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Woah nelly, we talking Other M?

I actually like that game. From a gameplay standpoint. I'm indifferent on the story as it seems they won't go that direction with Samus anymore.

I think a lot of the game's sections are marred by the fact that some sort of story had to be shoehorned into every scene, hence why the heat section is so frowned upon. As a gameplay section it is a neat little challenge and it was kinda fun to try to rush through it like that.

And the Ridley fight is one of my favorites out there.

Honestly the only real issues I have with Other M's gameplay is the missile controls as well as the times where you have to play spot-the-difference.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
She does look just a little top-heavy but I don't see it as that big of a deal, maybe just make her legs and waist a bit more muscular?

Wasn't there this one part in Other M where she's in a volcano or some **** and she doesn't turn on her heat-protection thingy until she gets "authorized" to? That seems like bs to me
Yeah, it would look better if she were evened out. But I still don’t think that’s what I’d want to see. Overly large amounts of muscles just seem, inhuman and unnatural.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I wonder how many people would claim that Other M is one of their favorite Metroid games if Roidley Ridley had gotten in Smash 4.
By, that logic, everyone would claim that their main's last appearance before their Smash debut, was their favorite game in that series...

D

Deleted member

Respectfully disagree. No one looks good with muscles like that. Especially girls.
I mean like, I'm not asking for like Zarya-levels of hulking beast. Just a realistic set of muscles that you would expect on somebody who performs crazy acrobatics in a heavy af suit

D

Deleted member

I mean like, I'm not asking for like Zarya-levels of hulking beast. Just a realistic set of muscles that you would expect on somebody who performs crazy acrobatics in a heavy af suit
Then again, Samus isn't fully human, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Mmm. No one.
You say that like no one would've cared either way, but I remember more than a few users who were up-selling Other M during Smash 4 just so they could have another arguement for Ridley.

I'm not joking. Ridley getting in Smash 4 alone would've caused a lot of people to consider Other M to be a good Metroid game.

D

Deleted member

Then again, Samus isn't fully human, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean, yeah, but it still weirds me out and kinda conforms to the whole "badass girl kicking ass and taking names that's also super skinny and has huge boobs and looks amazing omg best waifu" trope

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

Samus honestly should have some muscle on her. While I don't think she should be Street Fighter levels of buff, she should definitely have some more muscle than what Smash gives her. Something like this would be nice:

gammasquadmetroidfacts4.jpg

D

Deleted member

Woah nelly, we talking Other M?

I actually like that game. From a gameplay standpoint. I'm indifferent on the story as it seems they won't go that direction with Samus anymore.

I think a lot of the game's sections are marred by the fact that some sort of story had to be shoehorned into every scene, hence why the heat section is so frowned upon. As a gameplay section it is a neat little challenge and it was kinda fun to try to rush through it like that.

And the Ridley fight is one of my favorites out there.

Honestly the only real issues I have with Other M's gameplay is the missile controls as well as the times where you have to play spot-the-difference.
Other M has good stuff, indeed.
However, it is true that I found some details like Adam Malkovich or the voice acting bad.

Outside of those I can say that the gameplay is decent, the game looks outstanding for a Wii game, some of the designs for the enemies are cool and the OST is great as usual for the Metroid games after Return Of Samus.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd much rather have Samus be buff, rather than be the skinny, disproportionate waifu fodder she was back in Smash 4 and Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd much rather have Samus be buff, rather than be the skinny disproportionate waifu fodder she was, back in Smash 4 and Brawl.
Ok, I can agree on that.
Smash 4 got the character too wrong, and I’m glad that Ultimate made justice for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom