• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Since we're on the topic of cartoons or were I have a question; Should I watch the OG Teen titans show? I heard it was very good but before sinking my time into it I just want to make sure, it's worth watching right?
Considering it made a funnier waffle joke than the current Teen Titans that's SUPPOSED to be a joke, yes you should!!! :yoshi:

MainJPW

M.T.A
WHY AM I WATCHING THIS RIGHT BEFORE MIDNIGHT

WHY AM I EVEN FURTHER REMINDING MYSELF OF MY CHILDHOOD RIGHT NOW

MEMORRRRRIIIIIEEEEESSSSS
Ah yes, the Powerhouse era is my earliest memory of Cartoon Network.

I’m also nostalgic for the old Adult Swim bumpers since I remember the actual first night it aired and watched it almost every night since; it introduced me to anime like Cowboy Bebop, Lupin The 3rd, Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star etc.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've never seen a show that knows how badly people hate it and is so self aware of that fact before Go.
More like they’re just sticking their fingers in their ears going “lalalalala can’t hear you! Can’t listen to any legit criticism!”

I swear that show is so unpleasant to sit through no matter what episode it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This week could be very interesting or very dismissive.
and if Erdrick is officially confirmed it would be an official end of an era for Ult Speculation with the Geno dream officially being dead and Sora to a lesser extent. a ton of people used to think Geno was for sure going to make it but if Erdrick does instead, that's the official end to that.

If it's Geno (it's not) or somebody Insiders did not predict then it gives hope to everyone who wants characters other than Steve or Erdrick and could potentially rule out Verge and others which would again be an end of an era.

Either way if a Smash character does get announced we'll be able to enter a new era of Speculation which is pretty big.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
idk what all this CN vs nickelodeon business is about but i'll just say that only one of these has spongebob and avatar

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
More like they’re just sticking their fingers in their ears going “lalalalala can’t hear you! Can’t listen to any legit criticism!”

I swear that show is so unpleasant to sit through no matter what episode it is.
Tbf not all criticism is actually criticism, there's also a load of manbabies upset that it exists instead of a continuation of the original show, as they believe they should be the target audience instead of the actual one

That being said **** them for making an episode that gives the latter **** and falsely advertizing it as Slade's debut to get viewers watching. Even fans of TTG were curious to how Slade would be handled

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ah yes, the Powerhouse era is my earliest memory of Cartoon Network.

I’m also nostalgic for the old Adult Swim bumpers since I remember the actual first night it aired and watched it almost every night since; it introduced me to anime like Cowboy Bebop, Lupin The 3rd, Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star etc.
The Dawn Is Your Enemy is the absolute weirdest bumper I've seen yet. As in, I get the point, but I don't get it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
and if Erdrick is officially confirmed it would be an official end of an era for Ult Speculation with the Geno dream officially being dead and Sora to a lesser extent. a ton of people used to think Geno was for sure going to make it but if Erdrick does instead, that's the official end to that.

If it's Geno (it's not) or somebody Insiders did not predict then it gives hope to everyone who wants characters other than Steve or Erdrick and could potentially rule out Verge and others which would again be an end of an era.

Either way if a Smash character does get announced we'll be able to enter a new era of Speculation which is pretty big.
If Erdrick is going to show up one way or another, I'd rather they be announced later on. How later doesn't matter, as long as we get a character no one is expecting. By that, I mean a character that has earned a "Literally Who" and/or "Never Ever" status. That way, we get something new, different, and surprising within context of speculation. Erdrick would then be expected for E3 or somewhere close and possibly have his/her announcement paired up with an accompanying Fighter's Pass character that we may or may not know about.

Spreading those announcements across and balancing the hype accordingly would make it so that the news droughts aren't as dry as we'd hate. By having Erdrick announced next, it kind of becomes a, "yeah, we knew he was coming" deal as opposed to the more-exciting news that Joker brought with him on the night of Ultimate's release. In short, delaying Erdrick has its worthwhile benefits despite still being expected in the grand scheme of things, because he/she gives another character room in the spotlight for us to discuss both for months to go by.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Erdrick is going to show up one way or another, I'd rather they be announced later on. How later doesn't matter, as long as we get a character no one is expecting. By that, I mean a character that has earned a "Literally Who" and/or "Never Ever" status. That way, we get something new, different, and surprising within context of speculation. Erdrick would then be expected for E3 or somewhere close and possibly have his/her announcement paired up with an accompanying Fighter's Pass character that we may or may not know about.

Spreading those announcements across and balancing the hype accordingly would make it so that the news droughts aren't as dry as we'd hate. By having Erdrick announced next, it kind of becomes a, "yeah, we knew he was coming" deal as opposed to the more-exciting news that Joker brought with him on the night of Ultimate's release. In short, delaying Erdrick has its worthwhile benefits despite still being expected in the grand scheme of things, because he/she gives another character room in the spotlight for us to discuss both for months to go by.
I mean, at the same time isn't it much better to give us what we knew so we could speculate on other matters? Not to mention we need closure on this Brave crap real soon

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I mean, at the same time isn't it much better to give us what we knew so we could speculate on other matters? Not to mention we need closure on this Brave crap real soon
Sure, I get what you're saying in that we're still going to be speculating, but my point is that Erdrick discussion will die out fast if we get them as early as some anticipate. Solely by knowing they're extremely likely, their potential reveal will add nothing to speculation, since we know there are three unknowns and we already do a fair bit discussing them. Besides, Erdrick would bring a ton of meme potential with them if they're saved for E3, as if they didn't bring enough already, haha.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sure, I get what you're saying in that we're still going to be speculating, but my point is that Erdrick discussion will die out fast if we get them as early as some anticipate. Solely by knowing they're extremely likely, their potential reveal will add nothing to speculation, since we know there are three unknowns and we already do a fair bit discussing them. Besides, Erdrick would bring a ton of meme potential with them if they're saved for E3, as if they didn't bring enough already, haha.
Depending on Erdrick's moveset and if they have alts we could have more to speculate on.

Also I am INCREDIBLY gay and think we should retcon Samus outside the power suit

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Depending on Erdrick's moveset and if they have alts we could have more to speculate on.

Also I am INCREDIBLY gay and think we should retcon Samus outside the power suit

I need someone to redpill me on Dairy Queen protagonists so I know what universal flavors of ice cream attacks they'd all share if it's more than just male Erdrick and female Erdrick.

Also, Samus looks kinda weird in that art, like she has a fapping arm :v. Also, her hair intakes are huge. Definitely screams that weird 90's style in stuff like old Treasure games and Slayers.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I need someone to redpill me on Dairy Queen protagonists so I know what universal flavors of ice cream attacks they'd all share if it's more than just male Erdrick and female Erdrick.

Also, Samus looks kinda weird in that art, like she has a fapping arm :v. Also, her hair intakes are huge. Definitely screams that weird 90's style in stuff like old Treasure games and Slayers.
She is huge and is buff as ****. 200 pounds of pure muscle iirc

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I am partially gay and think the suit is the infinitely better design.

D

Deleted member

Oh yes, they certainly removed the sexy ending.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
You know what was a good cartoon that very few appreciated?

As Told By Ginger. That was a show about growing up, but was also pretty funny and sweet at the same time.
I've seen only 1.5 episodes of that, through The Splat. I wanted to watch more, but I've never seen it on TV since I watched those episodes.
Since we're on the topic of cartoons or were I have a question; Should I watch the OG Teen titans show? I heard it was very good but before sinking my time into it I just want to make sure, it's worth watching right?
It's kinda overrated IMO. I understand why it's popular, but I found flaws with it when I watched through it.

D

Deleted member

As long as Samus isn´t denied to do literally everything by someone else in a future Metroid game, I am fine with any change she gets.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I forget - are direct announcements usually one or two days in advance? Or more? Probably not gonna hear anything today, but you can always hope

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I forget - are direct announcements usually one or two days in advance? Or more? Probably not gonna hear anything today, but you can always hope
iirc both September and November were 1 day in advance

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It seems Im not the only one that wants KH on switch
I want, literally, everything on the Switch. Like, I'm always going so like Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Spyro, Crash, Doom, Mortal Kombat, anything, give it to me. I'll take the graphical hit if I can take it with me.
Almost always 1. The last time we had more than a 1 day notice was the BIG January Direct in 2013... yeah. That long ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I went shopping on Saturday...
AND I FOUND A ZOE TOY FOR 5 DOLLARS!!! :3
This was totally playing in my head when I found the toy. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

That render of Samus is so good tbh

IDK whats with media and being afraid to make girls anything between "kinda has muscles" and "big hulking muscle beast" but this issue needs to be fixed because right in the middle? That's the sweetspot

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom