• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
that **** happens so much though, especially with those hardcore e boys. Like, comparing who I am now to 17 year old me is night and day. I can't tell you how many high school girls I know are dating dudes in their 20's

Also recently found out my most recent ex, who was 18, had dated a 15 year old before me so there's that
Bro, I wish I had half the exciting love life you do, lmao.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Or Pokemon Trainer situation, it's possible she's still called Joker somehow.
that would depend on her role in P5R's story though. Since she's not with the phantom thieves, she may have a diff codename

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I wonder if she’ll have Arsene or a Persona similar to him then?
implication from being a joker skin is that she uses a dagger and has arsene

which really just raises so many ****ing questions about who she is

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ok so the the fact Atlus has their head up their *** and is waiting until the 24th of April to actually do something pretty much means Joker's getting showcased after that time right?
yeah pretty much, sakurai probably has to wait for them to show off the girl's full design before he can reveal her as a skin at the very least

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ok so the the fact Atlus has their head up their *** and is waiting until the 24th of April to actually do something pretty much means Joker's getting showcased after that time right?
The last Direct did say that Joker would be “before the end of April”.

To me, there’s only a few things that make sense:

1) Joker doesn’t get shown off until after the Persona event and is released immediately following the Direct. This reveals a female version among the skins.

2) Joker gameplay is revealed before the next Atlus event, and there is no female skin. The coding was just another character.

Frankly, I don’t even know which is more likely. But considering how they revealed the Joker model without the head, I have to wonder why it is that they did that. I may very well be that the head of the model will be different depending on the sex of the character, but then that would imply that this new female character is indeed a 1:1 character with Joker, which makes things even more confusing.

Or it’s literally just male Joker in Smash. I guess i’ll just have to play other games in the meantime.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I doubt it? The 24th may have something substantial, but we should get info before then.

If that does end up happening tho, i'll be sad to wait that long :crying:

D

Deleted member

With all the Persona discussion I wanted to share this meme I found

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The last Direct did say that Joker would be “before the end of April”.

To me, there’s only a few things that make sense:

1) Joker doesn’t get shown off until after the Persona event and is released immediately following the Direct. This reveals a female version among the skins.

2) Joker gameplay is revealed before the next Atlus event, and there is no female skin. The coding was just another character.

Frankly, I don’t even know which is more likely. But considering how they revealed the Joker model without the head, I have to wonder why it is that they did that. I may very well be that the head of the model will be different depending on the sex of the character, but then that would imply that this new female character is indeed a 1:1 character with Joker, which makes things even more confusing.

Or it’s literally just male Joker in Smash. I guess i’ll just have to play other games in the meantime.
I highly doubt Smash would have developers stupid enough to leave data of another character inside the alternative palettes/alt data of a different one
yeah pretty much, sakurai probably has to wait for them to show off the girl's full design before he can reveal her as a skin at the very least
The 24th is on a Wednesday and Nintendo directs tend to be on Thursdays so it makes sense if they showcase that the day after top

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Immediately is unlikely considering it's a rather niche Japanese-centric concert. I could see it happening like a day or 2 later though.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
all i'm gonna be thinking when playing the girl is "man this character's inclusion will feel awesome in eight or so months once i've actually played her game"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I highly doubt Smash would have developers stupid enough to leave data of another character inside the alternative palettes/alt data of a different one

The 24th is on a Wednesday and Nintendo directs tend to be on Thursdays so it makes sense if they showcase that the day after top
might even announce the direct at the concert like NOA did last August at EVO

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
that **** happens so much though, especially with those hardcore e boys. Like, comparing who I am now to 17 year old me is night and day. I can't tell you how many high school girls I know are dating dudes in their 20's

Also recently found out my most recent ex, who was 18, had dated a 15 year old before me so there's that
A friend of mine dated a 15 year old at Age 21 for a few months and when confronted with it het kept claiming "I thought she was 16". Which...
And he got upset whenever I judged him for it because "that's what Everyone else was doing". (The judging, I mean)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
cla you and i both know that ****ing a 17 year old at age 20 is still pretty wack if not illegal
wait to the oof
Don't worry, at least Ormille exists.
View attachment 200434
Okay, maybe like a fifth of that.
Lyn best FE woman
Probably

D

Deleted member

A friend of mine dated a 15 year old at Age 21 for a few months and when confronted with it het kept claiming "I thought she was 16". Which...
And he got upset whenever I judged him for it because "that's what Everyone else was doing". (The judging, I mean)
you're gonna need these
Pair_of_scissors_with_black_handle,_2015-06-07.jpg
TACTICAL_NYLON_NECKTIE_IN_NAVY_THUMBNAIL_1024x1024.jpg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
now I'm not saying Joker's reveal out of nowhere on launch night wasn't perfect but boy was he revealed too early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom