• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This post was made by the I don't care who's in as long as they're fun gang
lol what kind of loser plays the game instead of staring at the roster praying for the day it caters entirely to you

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's here.

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like this, certain people like to go out and enjoy the weather. This story is not about those kinds of people.

Locked away in the depths of his bedroom, an odd lad of seventeen years kept his eyes way too close to his computer screen. Occasionally looking away to adjust his glasses or scratch his bright blue hair. This lad was Noipoi, a happy little weirdo with a hankering for friendship. After all, friendship is magic.
He had spent the entire day on the internet, instead of doing something cool. Despite wanting friends more than anything, he didn't have any. No one talked to him at all, really. Except for his voice of reason, of course.

"You should probably go outside, or something. Your mom's gonna eat you if you spend the whole day in your room. She'll really do it, i've seen her eat people." From the corner of his room came a voice belonging to no other than @ClaTheBae, a nipper plant pops up from underground to give advice during his vacations from his homeland of racist boot state. Strangely, this plant doesn't thrive on water and sunshine. Only lemons. "Silly, Cla." said Noipoi, chuckling. "Mom doesn't eat people!" As if on cue, Noipoi's adoptive eldritch horror mother @Cutie Gwen destroyed his door with her psychic power. "Some more cultists are coming to worship me, so i'm gonna need you and Cla to leave for a few hours." Noipoi looked tentative. "I dunno, it's been a while since i've been...outside." the world outside of Noipoi's bedroom was a scary one, and he wasn't ready to journey into it. "I don't care, get out or I eat you." Said Gwen, absolutely not joking as she had just eaten a man before coming home. Noipoi and Cla swiftly evacuated the premises.

"It's not that bad, i'm sure we'll find something to do." said Cla. "Actually, why don't we get some food?" Noipoi liked the idea, but before he could respond someone else cut in. "Yoshi? (Did someone say FOOD?)" A Yoshi donning a T-Shirt with another Yoshi on it stepped out of some bushes. It was @God Emperor Yoshi! his name was actually Zinith but he insisted everyone call him God Emperor Yoshi. "Yoshi (Anything's food for me, but I know where you humans can get some lunch.)" He said. "I'm a ****ing plant, and how are you talking in brackets?." asked Cla. "Yoshi! (Don't ask questions you aren't ready to know the answers to. Now hop on! I know this sweet Ramen shop down the street!)" Deciding to trust the dinosaur Noipoi put Cla in a pot (with the words free 21 Savage on he side) and off they rode to the promised Ramen shop.

Rhythm Ramen was a relatively unknown little place located in a blocky landscape. Though not famous worldwide, all the locals proclaim it houses the best Ramen they've ever eaten. Outside the store was a remarkably anime looking man who was singing the gospel of Minecraft Steve, while imploring all who would listen to cast aside the false prophet Banjo Kazooie. It was @Arigarmy! "Aw **** no, I ain't gonna be in this stupid fanfic ****." He groaned, and then he left. Never to be seen again.

The plant, the Yoshi and the Noipoi walked into the shop. It was a small joint, with only a few patrons at the bar. staindgrey staindgrey tried to tell @faygoshill how rad Resident Evil was while tipsy, but Faygoshill just stared at his ***. "Can I help y'all?" a voice called from the kitchen. It was the owner of the place, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku ! "Oh no!" he started, noticing one of the guests. "Not again, Zinith! You still haven't payed your bill from last time!" The Yoshi shuffled awkwardly "Yoshi...(I was low on cash, and i'm sure it wasn't that bad)!" "You ate the literally everything, I had to close for days just to restock!" Once again, the Yoshi felt embarrassed. "Yoshi...(Okay, I promise to restrain myself. Besides, I brought new customers for you!)" Finally, Smashing Ramen noticed his new patrons.
"And who are you guys?" he asked. Noipoi felt a feeling he knew all to well swell up from within. The rush of joy he felt when meeting a new friend was the fourth. biggest joy in his life (The first, second and third being Pokemon, Toothless and animation.) "Howdy, folks call me Noipoi! And this is Cla!" he exclaimed, while pointing to himself in an exaggerated manner and suddenly donning a southern accent. "Welcome to rhythm ramen, the only ramen shop where wanting a Rhythm Heaven character is always on the menu! Because Sakurai will never put one in! What can I get you?" After getting their menus (Zinith recommended literally everything) the three decided to order the most famous dish in the place. The Smashing Ramen Special.

They took a seat near the back of the shop. Noipoi had started a conversation with a fellow squid enthusiast who called themselves @Mr. Wario but Cla noticed something from the back window. A shadowy figure dropped in from who knows where, and was making their way into the shop. 'aw ****, this place 'bout to get robbed' thought Cla. And he thought right! A huge ruckus was heard from the kitchen, and as everyone rushed to help Smashing Ramen the shadowy figure made themselves known. "They never saw me coming!" said @tehponycorn, who then rushed off into the night. Noipoi could have swore he heard someone say "Looking good, Joker!" as they left. "They took the Ramen" said Smashing Ramen in distress. "Why? Why would they steal noodles?" "I dunno, but I swear we will do everything we can to save your ramen!" declared Noipoi, the fire of justice blazing in his heart. Just then, a piercing screech was heard from above. A woman riding a chariot being pulled by two hulking purple dragons (one suspiciously goofier than the other) descended from the skies. It was @AndreaAC! "I saw where he went. if you want your ramen back, then hop in." she said. Noipoi looked back at everyone. Zinith, Smashing Ramen, Cla. Even staindgrey, faysgoshill and Mr. Wario stepped out. they all looked determined to right this horrible wrong.

"Alright then." said Noipoi, filled with determination as the first four notes of megolavania played. "Let's do this!"
This is pretty funny.

Silently wonders if I was in it and was cut out because I made a mistake and broke a rule I didn't know about. The paranoia will haunt me forever. I'm even worrying that typing this statement will get me cut out of any future parts. Noipoi what have you done to me!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
behold

my magnum opus

anyone-is-here.png

there was a group image of all 4 Bravely Default characters in another ANYONE IS HERE banner, but i couldn't find it so I just used the existing Edea there

and the rhythm heaven image coulda been better, i just couldn't find a chorus kids image that would fit 80x193 even

D

Deleted member

Heya! I come with bad news.

Probsbly has already been said, but one of Cuphead’s devs said he’d “Love for him to be in Smash” so by the wording he probably isn’t in.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine being disappointed in the dlc

This post was made by the I don't care who's in as long as they're fun gang

This lack of pessimism is the reason why there's no link for you!
hqdefault.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heya! I come with bad news.

Probsbly has already been said, but one of Cuphead’s devs said he’d “Love for him to be in Smash” so by the wording he probably isn’t in.
To be fair Cuphead honestly didn't have a chance anyways given how new and recent he is.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They were already starting work on SSBU months before the release of Gen 7.
Nintendo put Minecraft, Cuphead, and Hellblade on the Switch despite the fact that they all require working with one of their main "competetors". Just because they thought it would be a cool thing their fans would like. They listened to fans opinions on games like Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Party. I mean, I have a distaste for the company, but you can't deny that they have at least an idea of what the fans of their games want.
Since when is Ninja Theory a main competitor?

If you're referring to Hellblade as a PS4 exclusive when it released, Sony holds no rights to the game. It was initially a Sony exclusive solely because of budget concerns as Ninja Theory was independent at the time, so they only made the game for the most popular console. That's also why it was digital only. Later a Steam and XB1 version also came out, so it's clear they didn't have any qualms with releasing the game on other platforms.

D

Deleted member

Yeah real DLC Pessimism hours! Seriously though I can't get hyped for the DLC there wasn't a single new character that I was hyped for in base and the DLC won't have a single character that I'm hyped for.

I'm just here for the ride and the salt cause gosh knows this DLC will break the Smash Bubble by the end of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If you're referring to Hellblade as a PS4 exclusive when it released, Sony holds no rights to the game. It was initially a Sony exclusive solely because of budget concerns as Ninja Theory was independent at the time, so they only made the game for the most popular console. That's also why it was digital only. Later a Steam and XB1 version also came out, so it's clear they didn't have any qualms with releasing the game on other platforms.
$(isngAhgjaigizudn your new icon is yes

To be fair Cuphead honestly didn't have a chance anyways given how new and recent he is.
To be honest, yeah.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
behold

my magnum opus

View attachment 199983

there was a group image of all 4 Bravely Default characters in another ANYONE IS HERE banner, but i couldn't find it so I just used the existing Edea there

and the rhythm heaven image coulda been better, i just couldn't find a chorus kids image that would fit 80x193 even
no

stop

it's too beautiful

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I'm refering to the fact that Microsoft actually recently BOUGHT Ninja Theory outright, making it a first party development studio.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah real DLC Pessimism hours! Seriously though I can't get hyped for the DLC there wasn't a single new character that I was hyped for in base and the DLC won't have a single character that I'm hyped for.

I'm just here for the ride and the salt cause gosh knows this DLC will break the Smash Bubble by the end of it.
Why not just enjoy gaming history characters? and the game?

D

Deleted member

Like the characters you like but don’t be a **** about it, dislike the characters you dislike but don’t be a **** about it. Simple as that.

D

Deleted member

Why not just enjoy gaming history characters? and the game?
Cause I want the game to cater to me! Nobody else!

Of course I'm mostly exaggerating and I'm just here for the ride, I am somewhat pessimistic but I don't really care.

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Tonight: around 8:45 pm est, my 48 tribute Hinger Games will begin.

Tributes are set and ready to roll!

I can do it even while working on other things!

osby

Smash Obsessed
**** wait uh-This game SUCKS! Sakurai's racist against us true gamers! Ridley? K Rool? BULL****! Where's GENO? THE DLC is gonna be TRASH too. Who cares about PERSONA? Where's BANJO KAZOOIE??
You can tell this is fake easily, you should complaining about Isabelle and Incineroar like a real fan who Sakurai should solely cater to.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, because he totally does everything all by himself. I'm surprised that they give an Indie title like this so much press and promotion and let their character be used in a game made by JUST ONE GUY.
?

I’m confused.

I know you’re upset with me, but why?

Not me. I'm still all in on the Jill hype.

Had that gif went on any longer we’d be in the zone.

Now I see why you like Jill so much.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure why people liked my previous post. I was asking an honest question. I'd actually prefer Erdrick over other SE characters (except maybe Slime).

This thread needs to turn things down a notch.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Predictions for April Direct.

-Updates for Home-Run Contest and Stage Builder
-Joker gameplay and release date announced
-Next DLC character revealed (Erdrick)

Hoping:
-Boss Run
-Break the Targets and Board the Platforms
-Banjo-Kazooie revealed
for me

-Animal Crossing
and thats it

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tonight: around 8:45 pm est, my 48 tribute Hinger Games will begin.

Tributes are set and ready to roll!

I can do it even while working on other things!
Do you have a list?

Cause I want the game to cater to me! Nobody else!

Of course I'm mostly exaggerating and I'm just here for the ride, I am somewhat pessimistic but I don't really care.
Everyone's got bad times. No need to put it on the game.
Also, there might be some irony that i cant really tell if so, just came in ;p

KMDP

Smash Legend
lol what kind of loser plays the game instead of staring at the roster praying for the day it caters entirely to you
Real Smash fans know the CSS is actually a beautiful painting and there is no actual game to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom