• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Rare is... probably not the best example considering the fact they haven't said a peep recently

Of course Wayforward did the same so... Banjo spirit confirmed.
Just cause they haven't said anything on Banjo doesn't mean they wouldn't love to see him in cause I'm sure within the company there's a few who would love to see him get in, They could be silent cause he's a Spirit or even Playable.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
wait a second
holy ****
guys we got Opossum to change their avatar
Opossum not a opossum. 0/10

Just cause they haven't said anything on Banjo doesn't mean they wouldn't love to see him in cause I'm sure within the company there's a few who would love to see him get in, They could be silent cause he's a Spirit or even Playable.
True... but remember Wayforward never spoke of Smash and of course Shantae and Risky Boots ended up spirits. NDA in full season.

Hope is good! Getting hopes up can also be good if they don't end with dreams crushed! I'm just being cautious.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
quick question

what are the dimensions in pixels of each square in the 15-character ANYONE IS HERE banner? So I don't break symmetry when popping in my own images

also, decided to keep Celica but swap out Twintelle for Rayman. At this point I think an ARMS or Xenoblade 2 rep will have to be for next Smash most likely. Pretty much everyone else in my sig list is fair game tho, even Fiora.

D

Deleted member

Opossum not a opossum. 0/10

True... but remember Wayforward never spoke of Smash and of course Shantae and Risky Boots ended up spirits. NDA in full season.

Hope is good! Getting hopes up can also be good if they don't end with dreams crushed! I'm just being cautious.
I'm not even saying he's in I just think that regardless if he's in or not there's likely a few people within the company that would Like to see him in, Though I understand saying he's in and thinking some people would like to see him in are totally different things which is why I'm not saying he's in cause we don't know.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
quick question

what are the dimensions in pixels of each square in the 15-character ANYONE IS HERE banner? So I don't break symmetry when popping in my own images

also, decided to keep Celica but swap out Twintelle for Rayman. At this point I think an ARMS or Xenoblade 2 rep will have to be for next Smash most likely. Pretty much everyone else in my sig list is fair game tho, even Fiora.
80x193, tho i think i had to shrink the geno one slightly

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
XD I might be late for this, but if I joined this whole plushie profile pic I would have used this one, because it is amazing and I wish I had it in my life:
images.jpg

XD I would change it temporarily but I don't want to get rid of my Omega Ridley yet.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've been thinking about when the DLC was decided...

I know this tweet exists to give us a definite before date:

But I'm thinking it was decided a bit earlier than this...

Some reasoning
1. Joker's trailer. Sakurai stated Joker was not in a playable state yet people expect an animated cutscene to pop up out of nowhere? No, animation takes time. Voice acting, writing the script, dubbing the script for international audiences (which The Game Awards didn't have at least, I don't think), etc. Heck, Verge stated Joker was pushed forward to mess with everyone saying SE was DLC 1. No, that's not how it works. DLC 1 is DLC 1, you don't change the schedule to mess with the supposed "insiders". Not how production works.
2. Third Parties in general. With Nintendo characters, negotiating is simpler compared to Third party. With those, you need move ideas and permission from the original company (plus translators if its an international company (which hasn't happened yet so potential moot point)). Remember when Bayonetta was reveled? How fine tuned her model and moveset looked after just two months of work. I theorize Bayo was worked on a lil earlier to potentially show Platinum Games how Bayonetta moves. Also, certain companies are very strict as to what they can use/how much funding Nintendo forks over. Look at Cloud. Sure, Smash 4 can be excused as its DLC, but Smash Ultimate has less FF content than Smash 4 (how? The summons were online icons in Smash 4).

Based on this, I theorize DLC was probably decided on in Late September/Early October, with November being the deadline to decide. (Note: :ultpiranha: was probably decided earlier)

Sorry for the wall of text folks! Next post will probably be a wholesome Dorothy post to compensate.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
1. Joker's trailer. Sakurai stated Joker was not in a playable state yet people expect an animated cutscene to pop up out of nowhere? No, animation takes time. Voice acting, writing the script, dubbing the script for international audiences (which The Game Awards didn't have at least, I don't think), etc. Heck, Verge stated Joker was pushed forward to mess with everyone saying SE was DLC 1. No, that's not how it works. DLC 1 is DLC 1, you don't change the schedule to mess with the supposed "insiders". Not how production works.
if we see erdrick announced in the inevitable 3.0 smash direct i'll be convinced they were developed simultaneously and joker was prioritised for worldwide marketing, hence the insider confusion

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Doritos are iconic to all gamers.

When we gamers rise up, we do it with Doritos bags in hand. Gotta have that sweet G A M E R F U E L.
Alright, fine

If only Geoff Keighley gets in as an assist trophy or something

Or better yet, make him the Doritos rep

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>We get a Smash Direct for 3.0.
>It starts.
>We see Sakurai making an introduction.
>When he ends it, he makes a small pause.
>”Due to popular demand, we finally did it.” Please, take a listen!”.
>The next minutes are just a recording of the Music menu playing the complete DK Rap in the way it was on Melee.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
if we see erdrick announced in the inevitable 3.0 smash direct i'll be convinced they were developed simultaneously and joker was prioritised for worldwide marketing, hence the insider confusion
True, but if Joker really was meant to be DLC 1, how come no one called it (outside of Alpharad/lucky guesses)? Sure, it is entirely plausible Joker was kept under super tight wrapping paper (it happened to K. Rool and the majority of echoes after all), but one doesn't just swap a trailer out to confuddle insiders.

I'm not saying Erdrick ain't happening (currently my 8th most wanted). I'm just saying in the grand scheme, Erdrick was more than likely never meant to be first one out.

D

Deleted member

>We get a Smash Direct for 3.0.
>It starts.
>We see Sakurai making an introduction.
>When he ends it, he makes a small pause.
>”Due to popular demand, we finally did it.” Please, take a listen!”.
>The next minutes are just a recording of the Music menu playing the complete DK Rap in the way it was on Melee.
And then, for good measure, it plays this too:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom