• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You bring a gift for the television.
VK: "I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE AWARE BUT WE CANNOT MOVE FROM THIS SPOT."

You breath some cinnamon onto the knobs.
You: "Please~? How about now~?"
VK: "YOUR BREATH REEKS DUDE. I THINK. I CAN'T SMELL. ALSO WATCH WHAT YOU BREATHE!!"
Incidentally, the power switch starts to have an allergic reaction.

You would, but you have no cell phone. You try shouting out the window anyway.

View attachment 198205

You try to shout out for an Uber, but you get stage fright and end up burping out a massive cloud of cinnamon.
You can feel the Channel Knob start showing concern for the power switch.
Ask the Power Switch if it's ok, allergic reactions are no joke.

D

Deleted member

You bring a gift for the television.
VK: "I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE AWARE BUT WE CANNOT MOVE FROM THIS SPOT."

You breath some cinnamon onto the knobs.
You: "Please~? How about now~?"
VK: "YOUR BREATH REEKS DUDE. I THINK. I CAN'T SMELL. ALSO WATCH WHAT YOU BREATHE!!"
Incidentally, the power switch starts to have an allergic reaction.

You would, but you have no cell phone. You try shouting out the window anyway.

View attachment 198205

You try to shout out for an Uber, but you get stage fright and end up burping out a massive cloud of cinnamon.
You can feel the Channel Knob start showing concern for the power switch.
Help the power switch to gain trust from the tv, we can use this for deceit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
MCU really seems to be building up for Young Avengers but it'll probably have an original cast maybe aside from Cassie.

Shame, Volume 1 team is one of my favorite Marvel teams, up there with X-Force Investigations, Runaways and Astonishing X-Men.
Why? That feels like a dumb misuse of the property.

Posted my Marvel vs. DC thread, if anyone wants to go over there and join in the conversation.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Does anyone else here like to sing?
Secret I'll share with you guys 'cause who the hell are you gonna tell.

I ****ing love singing. I sing in the car everywhere I go. I sing in the house when no one's home. I go to karaoke at bars where I know no one and belt Alice in Chains like I'm Layne Goddamn Staley.

But I will sing for no one I know. Because **** that kind of pressure. Still, it's kind of disheartening to personally know two different bands and know on the inside "I can totally sing better than your lead singer".

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
OK. I'll post over in the lighthouse. Won't be like my usual roster threads because I don't really even know where to begin with a project like this. Okay, thats not true, I know where i'd want to START. It's finishing it and making it a reasonable sized roster that's the problem.

I'll take a swing at the roster here.
I'm going with the assumption that Arc System Works is developing it. I'm basing the roster size off of Blazblue Cross Tag Battle with both the Season 1 and Season 2 DLC, which means ~60 characters (I'm assuming that Season 2 will be as large as Season 1 and have 20 characters). As such, Marvel and DC will both have 30 characters. Characters are in no particular order other than when I thought of them.

Marvel
  1. Spiderman
  2. Captain America
  3. Iron Man
  4. Thor
  5. Hulk
  6. Ant-Man
  7. Black Panther
  8. Captain Marvel
  9. Doctor Strange
  10. Deadpool
  11. Starlord
  12. Rocket Racoon
  13. Doctor Doom
  14. Cyclops
  15. Jean Grey/Phoenix
  16. Wolverine
  17. Storm
  18. X-23
  19. Magneto
  20. Thanos
  21. Sentinel
  22. Rogue
  23. Mr. Fantastic
  24. Human Torch
  25. Scarlet Witch
  26. Nick Fury
  27. Loki
  28. Ghost Rider
  29. Luke Cage
  30. Juggernaut
DC
  1. Superman
  2. Supergirl
  3. Batman
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Martian Manhunter
  6. The Flash
  7. Aquaman
  8. Green Lantern
  9. Zatanna
  10. Blue Beetle
  11. Captain Marvel
  12. Deadshot
  13. The Joker
  14. Harley Quin
  15. Bane
  16. Black Canary
  17. Robin
  18. Starfire
  19. Raven
  20. Cyborg
  21. Beast Boy
  22. Green Arrow
  23. Lobo
  24. Hawkgirl
  25. Doctor Fate
  26. Lex Luthor
  27. Darkseid
  28. Sinistro
  29. Deathstroke
  30. Doomsday
I'm sure it could be better, especially with the DC side, but I think a roster like this would be pretty good.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I ****ing love singing. I sing in the car everywhere I go. I sing in the house when no one's home. I go to karaoke at bars where I know no one and belt Alice in Chains like I'm Layne Goddamn Staley.

But I will sing for no one I know. Because **** that kind of pressure. Still, it's kind of disheartening to personally know two different bands and know on the inside "I can totally sing better than your lead singer".
You should like, do covers on YouTube behind an animated avatar or something. That would be really cool.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I love singing but I suck at it. My sister hates it when I sing but I don't care.

D

Deleted member

I am now specifically going to tell everyone I know that staindgrey sings in private.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I swear that man only gets robots and villains.

I thought Gunter was the first role he played where he got to be a genuine good guy but then I finally played Revelations three years later and goddammit he's a villain again!
He plays Barst and Wrys in Heroes at least. :p

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, progress is being made on my game. We're just working a sprite sheet for now,
We have Barry The Block
Capture (10).PNG

and Wallace the Wall.
wall.PNG

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why? That feels like a dumb misuse of the property.
Nothing concrete yet, I'm just guessing but it's a fluent team even in the comics itself. From 12 members, only three of them were in every line-up and they are currently disbanded.

Plus, I imagine they'd want to add new young heroes to it now, like Miles or Kamala.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm going with the assumption that Arc System Works is developing it. I'm basing the roster size off of Blazblue Cross Tag Battle with both the Season 1 and Season 2 DLC, which means ~60 characters (I'm assuming that Season 2 will be as large as Season 1 and have 20 characters). As such, Marvel and DC will both have 30 characters.

Marvel
  1. Spiderman
  2. Captain America
  3. Iron Man
  4. Thor
  5. Hulk
  6. Ant-Man
  7. Black Panther
  8. Captain Marvel
  9. Doctor Strange
  10. Deadpool
  11. Starlord
  12. Rocket Racoon
  13. Doctor Doom
  14. Cyclops
  15. Jean Grey/Phoenix
  16. Wolverine
  17. Storm
  18. X-23
  19. Magneto
  20. Thanos
  21. Sentinel
  22. Rogue
  23. Mr. Fantastic
  24. Human Torch
  25. Scarlet Witch
  26. Nick Fury
  27. Loki
  28. Ghost Rider
  29. Luke Cage
  30. Juggernaut
DC
  1. Superman
  2. Supergirl
  3. Batman
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Martian Manhunter
  6. The Flash
  7. Aquaman
  8. Green Lantern
  9. Zatanna
  10. Blue Beetle
  11. Captain Marvel
  12. Deadshot
  13. The Joker
  14. Harley Quin
  15. Bane
  16. Black Canary
  17. Robin
  18. Starfire
  19. Raven
  20. Cyborg
  21. Beast Boy
  22. Green Arrow
  23. Catwoman
  24. Hawkman
  25. Doctor Fate
  26. Mr. Freeze
  27. Darkseid
  28. Sinistro
  29. Deathstroke
  30. Terra
I'm sure it could be better, especially with the DC side, but I think a roster like this would be pretty good.
That's actually pretty good, though I'd swap out Mr. Freeze for Captain Cold so Flash can have some villains.... Hey wait a minute, Lex Luthor isn't here! That feels weird and wrong (glares at Injustice 2). That's why this project is so hard, because I feel like there aren't enough villains, but I can barely point to any characters I think should get the ax. Even a 60 character roster feels too small. But is it even possible for a traditional fighting game to go bigger?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going with the assumption that Arc System Works is developing it. I'm basing the roster size off of Blazblue Cross Tag Battle with both the Season 1 and Season 2 DLC, which means ~60 characters (I'm assuming that Season 2 will be as large as Season 1 and have 20 characters). As such, Marvel and DC will both have 30 characters. Characters are in no particular order other than when I thought of them.

Marvel
  1. Spiderman
  2. Captain America
  3. Iron Man
  4. Thor
  5. Hulk
  6. Ant-Man
  7. Black Panther
  8. Captain Marvel
  9. Doctor Strange
  10. Deadpool
  11. Starlord
  12. Rocket Racoon
  13. Doctor Doom
  14. Cyclops
  15. Jean Grey/Phoenix
  16. Wolverine
  17. Storm
  18. X-23
  19. Magneto
  20. Thanos
  21. Sentinel
  22. Rogue
  23. Mr. Fantastic
  24. Human Torch
  25. Scarlet Witch
  26. Nick Fury
  27. Loki
  28. Ghost Rider
  29. Luke Cage
  30. Juggernaut
DC
  1. Superman
  2. Supergirl
  3. Batman
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Martian Manhunter
  6. The Flash
  7. Aquaman
  8. Green Lantern
  9. Zatanna
  10. Blue Beetle
  11. Captain Marvel
  12. Deadshot
  13. The Joker
  14. Harley Quin
  15. Bane
  16. Black Canary
  17. Robin
  18. Starfire
  19. Raven
  20. Cyborg
  21. Beast Boy
  22. Green Arrow
  23. Catwoman
  24. Hawkman
  25. Doctor Fate
  26. Mr. Freeze
  27. Darkseid
  28. Sinistro
  29. Deathstroke
  30. Terra
I’d say Doomsday is a pretty notable omission, as are Lobo and Lex Luthor. Also i’m pretty sure Hawkgirl is more popular than Hawkman so I’d have her in there instead.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You should like, do covers on YouTube behind an animated avatar or something. That would be really cool.
We actually have musicals planned off in the future for our channel. We'd contemplated giving Wufei a really good singing voice as a bit of a joke, like, "...wait you can sing?"

I actually usually sing the chorus to "Down in a Hole" to get into my higher register before recording Wufei, fun fact. There are like six or seven recordings of my singing just those four words on a hot mic.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We actually have musicals planned off in the future for our channel. We'd contemplated giving Wufei a really good singing voice as a bit of a joke, like, "...wait you can sing?"

I actually usually sing the chorus to "Down in a Hole" to get into my higher register before recording Wufei, fun fact. There are like six or seven recordings of my singing just those four words on a hot mic.
I assume Wufei is some anime character?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Wait, you actually have a youtube channel? I didn't know that! What is it?!? I Wanna check it out!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I sing but get really self-conscious about it, despite others claiming I sing well. Karaoke within the privacy of my own home is fun. On a good day my range goes from "the low note in That's What Friends Are For from The Jungle Book" to "the high note near the end of The Legend of the Sword in the Stone" but generally those aren't within the same day and my usual register is somewhere between.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’d say Doomsday is a pretty notable omission, as are Lobo and Lex Luthor. Also i’m pretty sure Hawkgirl is more popular than Hawkman so I’d have her in there instead.
I'd want some more other villains too, like Grodd and Cheetah. Marvel side as well, Red Skull, Mandarin, Abomination, ULTRON. Some other broad scope Marvel characters like Black Bolt and Sersi... God no wonder a project like this will never happen. How could you make a single decision.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I assume Wufei is some anime character?
He's the character I play on my show.

He's a misogynist, a homophobe, an arrogant prick, and I got to scream the line, "YOU STUPID ****ER." He's actually got a really big episode coming up after our next one that I'm really excited for.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So Microsoft announced Game Stack today:

Source

Thoughts?

(note: every site seems to not list Switch yet Microsoft lists Switch and PlayStation. Whoda thunk it?)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait, you actually have a youtube channel? I didn't know that! What is it?!? I Wanna check it out!!!
It's just a Gundam Wing parody for now and we take like 3+ months between episodes because we're all doing it gratis while also taking care of full time jobs and school and whatnot. But if you want to watch, here's the channel.

I direct, produce and edit every show, but the only characters I voice are Wufei and the occasional minor character. Like Col. Bonaparte in ep.2. That voice was fun.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Replaced:
Terra with Lobo
Hawkman with Hawkgirl
Catwoman with Lex Luthor

Is that good?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He's the character I play on my show.

He's a misogynist, a homophobe, an arrogant prick, and I got to scream the line, "YOU STUPID ****ER." He's actually got a really big episode coming up after our next one that I'm really excited for.
By your show, I assume ya mean an abridged series on Operation Meatier?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd want some more other villains too, like Grodd and Cheetah. Marvel side as well, Red Skull, Mandarin, Abomination, ULTRON.
Wait what the hell can you do with Red Skull? Maybe it's me but if I had creative freedom of two of the most iconic superheros companies out there, I'd focus on characters with cool superpowers and not just some people.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
By your show, I assume ya mean an abridged series on Operation Meatier?
Yep.

So technically Sunrise's show that I Frankenstein into a comedy. Whatever.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait MCU wants to do Young Avengers? Ok but can we have America Chavez? The lesbian who can kick the air and proceed to shatter reality?
America can canonically throw trucks to moon and if that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait MCU wants to do Young Avengers? Ok but can we have America Chavez? The lesbian who can kick the air and proceed to shatter reality?
Best page in the whole Young Avengers series:

D

Deleted member

So Microsoft announced Game Stack today:

Source

Thoughts?

(note: every site seems to not list Switch yet Microsoft lists Switch and PlayStation. Whoda thunk it?)
Seems like MS wants to gain terrain in the cloud market by adding support to game services, Azure is growing quite nicely so its not really surprising that they are aquiring and developing services to expand their growth.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait what the hell can you do with Red Skull? Maybe it's me but if I had creative freedom of two of the most iconic superheros companies out there, I'd focus on characters with cool superpowers and not just some people.
I have this really weird moveset for him where he's got the cosmic cube and a gun, and he uses the cube for weird anergy powers and to summon HYDRA goons. Maybe he shoots the cube for a weird special or super. IDK, I just think it's really cool/funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom