• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I still want to know how 'bad' the images in the Grinch leak looked up close.

A person claiming to did it said that they looked like **** up close, but I'll always wonder.

Of course, I never expect it to show up. The person who made the leak stole a man's identity and framed a company, I can't even imagine the legal troubles he'd be in if he'd ever get caught.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
I still want to know how 'bad' the images in the Grinch leak looked up close.

A person claiming to did it said that they looked like **** up close, but I'll always wonder.

Of course, I never expect it to show up. The person who made the leak stole a man's identity and framed a company, I can't even imagine the legal troubles he'd be in if he'd ever get caught.
Honestly, i still can´t believe it happened. That guy went too far for a fake leak.

Shroob

Sup?
I hated the Grinch leak to be blunt.

This place became a cess pit of /vg/ users for a couple weeks with their Grinch avatars and their Steve anal vore, and if you didn't believe it, you were a 'Virgin-bin' or 'Incini-cuck'.

I can't look back on the Grinch leak with anything but malice, and while some people hated the November direct for ending on a 'eh' note, I got pleasure from it coming back here and seeing all those people who signed up JUST to Grinch ****post disappear without a trace.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Have some cute Squid Sisters being cute Squid Sisters:
View attachment 193750
Art by Gomi, originally colorless but I don’t know who colored it.
Wait, how does weight translate between forms in that universe. Does weight gained in squid form increase in correlation to kid form, or is it a fixed value (like if squid form gained 2 lbs. kid form would also gain 2 lbs.)?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, how does weight translate between forms in that universe. Does weight gained in squid form increase in correlation to kid form, or is it a fixed value (like if squid form gained 2 lbs. kid form would also gain 2 lbs.)?
It's ink, I aint gotta explain ****.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hang on to that thought, I’ll get my top agent on that.
4E747387-E821-476F-8972-BCB0EC973542.jpeg

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I hated the Grinch leak to be blunt.

This place became a cess pit of /vg/ users for a couple weeks with their Grinch avatars and their Steve anal vore, and if you didn't believe it, you were a 'Virgin-bin' or 'Incini-cuck'.

I can't look back on the Grinch leak with anything but malice, and while some people hated the November direct for ending on a 'eh' note, I got pleasure from it coming back here and seeing all those people who signed up JUST to Grinch ****post disappear without a trace.
I kind of know what you mean. There was a certain sub-group of "Grinch-Truthers" who were really smug and dismissive of any argument against it. Of course there were a bunch of stupid Pepe and wojack or whatever posts from people who were looking for any reason to dismiss people like Verge.

There was also a lot of other ridiculous arguments, like people trying to argue that Emily Rogers was saving face calling the Grinch leak fake (even though she never spoke publicly on Smash before) or that guy who wrote a 6 page essay "destroying" arguments against the leak. It was a really awful period for the community and I think I'm losing my train of though having read the words "anal vore" on this forum.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I realized my :ultfox: fell out of elite smash (oops) so I went back and fixed that, went from 3.8 > 4.0 million
Didn't play :ultpiranha: tonight, but he's in elite at 3.85 million
Got around to fixing my :ultmewtwo: GSP - I played him too much in quickplay without REALLY spending lots of time with him so I declined to ~2.0 million so I spent some time practicing in training mode and against a friend of mine in arena battles. Decided to play him in quickplay again for awhile and climbed to 3.65 million. I'm almost in Elite with :ultmewtwo: as well which I am super happy about.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As someone who didn't get too entrenched in either camp, the Grinch leak was a lot of fun, what a wild ride.

It was a trip getting carried away in the frantic collaborative detective work across every fanbase and fansite. So much more interesting than another nebulous text leak, and one of the greatest fake leaks ever constructed throughout all of gaming. The only downside was watching some people become so ****ing hostile as their biases got the best of them. Like, it wasn't ok that some people got legitimately harassed simply for being secretive or proliferating info they genuinely believed to be valid. Besides that, the Rayman leak should've proven anything can be fake, and when people lost sight of that, it became about proving a point instead of just enjoying the spectacle.

Unless you can empirically prove it's in the game, like apparently this Mementos stage, always take it with a grain of salt. Always.

And really, if you just go with the flow, you'll save yourself a lot of upset or heartbreak, and your blood pressure will thank you. And I say that as someone who had both their most wanted characters on that roster, and neither ended up making it.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I really don't understand what spambots like these hope to accomplish, especially with this latest tactic of drowning absolutely everything in a wave of spam.

Shroob

Sup?
I really don't understand what spambots like these hope to accomplish, especially with this latest tactic of drowning absolutely everything in a wave of spam.
Attention.

And malware. Lots and lots of malware.

They just need your credit card number and the digits on the back.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know what they want, but who in their right mind thinks these are fooling anybody with tactics like these?

Hell, they're still generating new topics!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just autoban any mention of keto, korean characters, or supplements in the thread title.

Nuke the whole board.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I know what they want, but who in their right mind thinks these are fooling anybody with tactics like these?
You'd be surprised at how ****ing stupid people can be.

There are STILL people who believe in 2019 that "Hey, you know that game you like? Download this program and it'll generate INFINITE in game currency for you. What? You have to spend money to buy the currency? Not with this program, bucko! Trust me, I'm ur friend."

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My fragile mental state is causing me to lash out to people around me.

Why can't I just remain silent and take all the pain on inside...?
Those shouldn't be your only two options.

Don't be silent, just find the right person to talk to, someone who'll genuinely listen. Offline or online, whatever works.

Attention.

And malware. Lots and lots of malware.

They just need your credit card number and the digits on the back.
It's unfortunate because my new security code is really interesting and I'd love to tell everyone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Attention all Smash Gamers, Sakurai needs your help on developing the next DLC!

But!, he's going to need your credit card number, the expiration date, and the numbers on the back!

Hurry, your most wanted characters are waiting!

Shroob

Sup?
Just autoban any mention of keto, korean characters, or supplements in the thread title.

Nuke the whole board.
Better idea.

Implement a post quota until you can actually make a thread, that way they can't just have bots make threads infinitely.

The bots seem unable to actually post in established threads, and while it's not a perfect fix, it'll help immensely for now.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Better idea.

Implement a post quota until you can actually make a thread, that way they can't just have bots make threads infinitely.

The bots seem unable to actually post in established threads, and while it's not a perfect fix, it'll help immensely for now.
Oh just wait till the day, someone figures out to make bots do that.

Imagine having to get past a captcha every time you posted, yeesh.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh just wait till the day, someone figures out to make bots do that.

Imagine having to get past a captcha every time you posted, yeesh.
Honestly, as much as I love Smashboards, this place is super dated.

No automerge double posting, no quota to prevent thread spamming, etc.

I don't know if it's actually feasible with the type of boards Smashboards uses, but this place is very mid 2000's still.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Attention all Smash Gamers, Sakurai needs your help on developing the next DLC!

But!, he's going to need your credit card number, the expiration date, and the numbers on the back!

Hurry, your most wanted characters are waiting!
No social security number? Oh, good! I almost thought it was a scam.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Better idea.

The hiccup with that is that would mean that first time users wouldn't post a Welcome Center thread when usually that would be the first thing to do...

Shroob

Sup?
The hiccup with that is that would mean that first time users wouldn't post a Welcome Center thread when usually that would be the first thing to do...
As much as it sucks, spambots like this are why we can't have nice things.

It's either you make it so new accounts can't post until a certain amount of posts are reached OR they straight up can't post for a few days while their account gets overlooked.

Or you make the staff sift through page after page of KETO.

D

Deleted member

For me the Grinch was Amazing. I remember having the best sleep in years then incidentally waking up a half hour after it was posted and staying up 'till the Sun rose during my annual Halloween Camping.

I was so happy with the leak and I loved every character that I dressed up as Geno to celebrate and finally got around to playing B-K and with each and every day I got more and more hype and happy with the roster and as more "Evidence" Came out for it, it just seemed realer and realer until it was Deconfirmed. Needless to say I took a two week break from the Community.

While it was going on I was blissfully unaware of people being harassed and such so I didn't get why people were saying it was Terrible, looking back at it though yeah it was pretty bad and the turmoil that it caused was awful. I can absolutely understand why some hate it but for me it's a symbol of a happier and more optimistic time for me and my outlook on the Speculation scene. I loved it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As much as it sucks, spambots like this are why we can't have nice things.

It's either you make it so new accounts can't post until a certain amount of posts are reached OR they straight up can't post for a few days while their account gets overlooked.

Or you make the staff sift through page after page of KETO.
It really isn't that hard to get rid of threads, especially when so many are made by the same spambot.

But the quota is a good idea.

Shroob

Sup?
It really isn't that hard to get rid of threads, especially when so many are made by the same spambot.

But the quota is a good idea.
I used to moderate a small forum me and a few friends used to hang out on to plan scrimmages in gaming, but it was also able to be signed up to for general people. We were basically non-existent and yet we still got spammed to hell and back with bots for no reason whatsoever until we eventually just abandoned the board entirely and let the bots have their way with it.

As someone who's had to deal with spambots that seem near infinite, yeah, it doesn't take long to get rid of them, but my god is it tedious doing it pretty much every day.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Why are all the spambots about weird health products and services. "Boy, I bet we can make a lot of money advertising vitamin supplements on this video game forum."

D

Deleted member

also this place has a Front Page? I never knew that, where is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo of Australia sent me an invite via email to participate in an online tournament. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom