• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I watch a few, but more so for the hosts than the gameplay. Like, I'll use the Game Grumps as the easiest example. I can say confidently that nobody watches the Grumps for good gameplay, but because they're funny and oftentimes really bad at whatever they're playing. To paraphrase something from a recent episode where they were talking about linguistics podcasts...

Arin: "I feel like there'd be a lot of pressure for something like that. You're just talking about linguistics, so if you mess up one word, people will give up on listening, like, 'get a load of this guy.'"
Dan: "Yeah, it's almost like two guys doing a Let's Play channel when they suck at video games."
Perfect example is their Sonic Adventure 2 playthrough, where both of them talked about a Sonic Fanfiction for two videos.
They kept on dying, and the gameplay was stagnate. Honestly, Sonic Adventure 2's gameplay is too stagnate.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
D

Deleted member

Watch out, Mr. President! He's gonna drop the n word!
Now see, that's a heated GAMER moment. A heated BRUH moment is where you go off with them flames, no minorities needed.

And watch yourself, cause the only N words we drop in this thread on a daily basis

is Noctis-should-never-be-in-Smash.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Smashboards: The Fanfic.

CHAPTER 5

THE RAGING FLAME

Noipoi kept his eyes shut tight, not willing to look death in it's face. But as he awaited his untimely end, lamenting all the rad stuff he didn't get to do, he heard a voice. "You really gonna take this, brother?" ...what? Noipoi opened his eyes and searched for who had spoken, but all he saw was Sans charging his Gaster Blasters. Confused, he asked "Who said that?" "I did." responded the gruff, angry voice that seemed to come from within his own head. Sans watched as he charged his blaster, wondering what the blue weirdo was doing. Even more confused, Noipoi asked "Who...who are you?" The gruff, voiced chuckled for a moment, and then answered. "I am thou, brother. Thou art I." "...What the **** is that supposed to mean?" "SHUT UP AND LEMME FINISH!" The voice took a moment to compose itself. "Now lemme tell ya somethin' brother. I can help you get outta here. I can help you take out this bag of bones, and I can help you beat the crap outta Cyn Cyn !" @Cutie Gwen had warned him about weird mind voices, but Noipoi had to admit not dying sounded pretty tempting. "Really?" asked Noipoi. "Brother, I beat The Grinch. I can do anything!" Noipoi pondered his words, and then asked "What do I do?" The voice seemed to grin (don't ask how a voice can grin) and responded. "Reach deep inside yourself, brother. Past all the friendliness and weird insecurities. Find your inner anger, you inner fire, and let it free! Unleash your raging flame, and call upon me! INCINEROAR!" Noipoi looked deep inside himself and found all the things that made him angry. Hatred, war, greed, tomatoes in grilled cheeses. All at once they burst out of him in a spectacular fire, until focusing and transforming into a strange black mask with angry red eyebrows. "Tear it off, brother." Noipoi grabbed the mask and- "GRAAAAAAAAAGH!" oh God, the pain, the unimaginable pain. It's like being kicked in the nuts and giving birth to a child at the same time. He had only tore off an inch of the mask but he was already going into shock. I'm pretty sure he peed. "Stop being such a baby..." grumbled the voice. "Tear off the damn mask!" Noipoi finally finished tearing off the mask, crying and shivering the whole time. As soon as he was done, his body was engulfed in flame! The flames turned into a strange wrestling costume, with red and black stripey decals all over, and a belt made of real fire around his waist. "OH YEAAAHH, BROTHER!!" exclaimed the voice, as he finally appeared in his full glory. Standing behind Noipoi was a large, black tiger like creature with a grey torso, red stripes, and a belt made of flame around it's waist. "LEMME TELL YA SOMETHIN, SANS! THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO'S GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME IS YOU!" "oh really?" asked Sans, a smug expression gracing his features. "because i think i'm gonna have a blast." As he said that, he fired his Gaster Blaster at Noipoi. Engulfing him in the beam. When the smoke cleared however, Noipoi and Incineroar stood completely unharmed. "H-how am I not dead?" asked Noipoi, sure he was about to meet God only seconds ago. "Stick with me brother, and you're gonna be just fine." said Incineroar as he flashed a toothy grin at our young hero. Sans was not amused, and he readied every attack he had for their final showdown. Noipoi got into his battle stance, and prepared to deliver a smack down.

"You're sure you know where we're going?" asked @ClaTheBae while he and @GothFluttershy followed their new guide. Thanos Car found them in the cove and was about to run them over, but someone saved them and promised to take them to safety. Sure he was an alien ancient evil entity, but he was a good guy. He was a @Good Guy Giygas . "....SAFE...." He simply responded. He still hasn't gotten the whole "speaking full sentences" thing down. "Alright, whatever you say..." said Cla, hoping he would find safety but mostly hoping Gothfluttershy didn't want to be pet or something. They were soon led to an underground cave, where they met up with everyone else. @AndreaAC @faygoshill @staindgrey Zinith Zinith etc. "We've got a ghost king, a knightly gentlemen and a little green man searching for the rest of your friends. We'll find them." spoke @Galaxy Queen Rosalina giving Giygas a cookie for doing a good job. "In the mean time, I need you guys to search for the blue one. We have a plan that can't be accomplished without him." Cla thought it was strange that the world seemed bias towards this one blue weirdo, but he didn't question it. "What's the plan?" asked staindgrey. "What's the plan?" asked faygoshil, copying staindgrey to get his attention.. "What's the plan?" asked Andrea, seriosu about saving the world. "Yoshi? (What's for lunch?) asked Zinith, hungry as usual. "If one more mother ****** says "WhAt'S tHe PlAn?" i'm killing you all." groaned Cla. Galaxy queen Rosalina seemed unimpressed with the display of moronosity, but decided to move on. She called for two more of her soldiers. An incredibly sassy wooden doll named @Luigi The President and a Lycanroc they call @RandomAce. "We'll help you find him, i'm a booty hunter." said President. "You mean 'bounty hunter'?" @TotsBS tried to correct. "I know what I said, Scott." dead-panned President. "Could you hunt for the next Animal Crossing game?" asked @Professor Pumpkaboo . Looking for Noipoi's scent, RandomAce sniffed the friendship bracelets Noipoi had made for them (that they refused to wear and just kept in their pockets) and with a howl, rushed off to find Noipoi, with President and the rest hot on their trail.

A strange green man called @Ultomato , a ghastly royal (with impeccable taste in dragons) known as @KingofPhantoms and a knight dude called... @Knight Dude had successfully located DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon @Mr. Wario and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku along the riverbed, and were now leading them to the secret base. Smashing Ramen had been despondent ever since he killed Hugh Neutron, despite Mr. Wario's attempts to cheer him up. "I sung the smile song, dammit. That always works!" moaned Mr. Wario to tehponycorn, but tehponycorn sensed a disturbance in the force. "Oh ****" they started. "Someone's got a Persona!" no one really knew what they meant, but tehponycorn took some comfort in the fact that the war might not be lost after all.

Dodge. Dodge. Keep dodging. That's all Noipoi could think of at the moment. Sans was an absolute beast, and even with his newfound power Noipoi found it hard to keep up. "What are you doing? Attack him!" yelled Incineroar, but Noipoi just kept on dodging. Megalovania was on full blast at this point, and quite frankly Noipoi found it very hard to concentrate. Eventually dodging stopped working, and he found himself face to face with a Gaster Blaster, ready to fire. "Use revenge!" exclaimed Incienroar, and Noipoi executed the move right as the blaster fired. Saving his life and powering him up. "If you wanna survive, you can't just dodge everything. Sometimes you gotta take charge!" Noipoi felt his words touch his heart, and he knew what he had to do.
He hit Sans with a powered up Darkest Lariat, spinning with the dark power of the mighty T-pose. Sans tried to recover, but he was quickly struck with Cross Chop. He once again tried to get up, but Noipoi was relentless. The music shifted from Megalovania to Battle at the Summit, signifying Noipoi was winning. Sans tried one last attack, summoning every thing he could, and launched them all at Noipoi at once. Bones struck, Blasters fired, hearts were turned blue, it was madness. When the smoke cleared, Noipoi was standing there unharmed. He used Revenge, and received the biggest power up in return. "Looks like you're boned." punned Noipoi. It was at that moment Sans knew he was ****ed. Noipoi rushed forward, grabbed Sans, threw him into a ring, and as Sans was flung back Noipoi struck him with the strongest Alolan Whip he could muster! Sans was launched high into the sky, only to plummet to the earth with a huge crash. he was left laying in the impact, in a pathetic position only Yamcha could muster. Incineroar was bursting with pride. "Alright brother, finish him!" Noipoi looked at the sad, sad skeleton that lay before him. "...No." Incineroar was incredibly confused, but Noipoi ignored him and calmly walked towards Sans. He helped him sit up, looked him in the eye and said "Sans, I promise you we'll get out of here." Sans coughed, and wore a pathetic smile. "nah kid, it's too late for me." Noipoi gave him a genuine smile and replied "But if you die, how will I meme you into Smash?" Sans blanked, and then he giggled, and then he giggled, and soon he was full on laughing. Noipoi and Sans shared a real, genuine laugh together for the first time in years. "alright, kid. i'll try and stay alive. but promise me something." "Anything." replied Noipoi. 'if i don't make it, tell papyrus i love him. tell toriel i'm sorry, tell alphys she's smarter than she thinks, tell asgore to keep trying, and tell undyne she's gay." Noipoi realized he left out someone. "What about Frisk?" he asked. Sans closed his eyes, and spoke. "if i don't make it, make sure you meme frisk into smash. deal?" He stuck out his skeletal hand, and Noipoi took it. "Deal!" "good." Spoke the skeleton, content with Noipoi. However, they weren't finished. Once again his eye started to glow, and Megalovania started to play "now let's go give cyndane a bad time."
The Finale is gonna be the best one because you're gonna fight Cyndane and I'm one of her guards. Also you guys and the story and whatever.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
To celebrate page 3000 Im sharing this lewd I made for y'all:

and-his-name-is-john-cena-gif-5.gif

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also kind of related: my favorite Let's Player is KZ. Don't know if anyone here even knows of him, lol.
I've never heard of him, maybe I should look him up.

I forgot to mention CarlSagan42, GrandPOOBear, Mekkah and Mangs in my list, also StephenPlays, but I only really watched his Mario Maker vids (along with a bit of Mario Party and his wife playing Ocarina of Time (I think?)).

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
In Shrek 2 Gingy asks one of the Three Blind Mice to pass him a buffalo wing, implying that he's able to eat despite presumably lacking internal organs or a digestive system.

It's unsettling to think about.
I’m still ****ed up about how Donkey (a small mammal) and the giant dragon somehow produced viable offspring, please don’t bring more disturbing revelations about the Shrek franchise into my life thanks

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Page 3001 already?

Oh geez we're already over 1/4th of the pages from the Ultimate General Thread.

Time flies, huh?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reminder that SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK is a testament to music evolving to another plane and breaking more grounds for more people and more good music. As such, here's a ****ing legendary swooce during the Ice Skating Championships.

Roberk

Smash Champion
In Shrek 2 Gingy asks one of the Three Blind Mice to pass him a buffalo wing, implying that he's able to eat despite presumably lacking internal organs or a digestive system.

Does his "mouth" have taste receptors? If so, then he can still enjoy the buffalo wing. I doubt that his mouth which consists of his gingerbread body and sugar frosting can have that sort of function though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, when I say Chris is my least favorite that's not really saying much considering I love them all with all my heart. RE nails character better than any other series besides maybe DMC.

It is too bad Roger Craig Smith got replaced in VII. That's a big no no for me. I can get why they replaced Matt Mercer in RE2make since he's younger in that game but why replace Roger? Makes no sense.
He could’ve been busy being Sonic/Batman/Captain America

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Reminder that SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK is a testament to music evolving to another plane and breaking more grounds for more people and more good music. As such, here's a ****ing legendary swooce during the Ice Skating Championships.

i mean its joji's big mega hit

i mean i like test drive too but like the rest aint **** to me

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I’m still ****ed up about how Donkey and the giant dragon somehow produced viable offspring, please don’t bring more disturbing revelations about the Shrek franchise into my life thanks
You ever hear the theory that Donkey is actually one of the boys from Pinocchio that got turned into a donkey on Pleasure Island, but escaped before losing his voice?

KMDP

Smash Legend

I’m still ****ed up about how Donkey and the giant dragon somehow produced viable offspring, please don’t bring more disturbing revelations about the Shrek franchise into my life thanks
There's a simple answer to both of these:

"It's magic."

Iridium

Smash Hero
You ever hear the theory that Donkey is actually one of the boys from Pinocchio that got turned into a donkey on Pleasure Island, but escaped before losing his voice?
This franchise really does make no sense.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Friendly reminder that I made a bet, if the recently revealed female character for Persona 5: The Royal ends up being Joker's female alt I will draw a lewd of her.

Just wanted to remind you guys of the stakes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Shadow can do way better

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one waiting for a Super Mario Bros. 2 Mario game that plays like 3D World?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
No because I don’t ordinarily spend my time discussing the many great mysteries of Dreamworks’ smash hit Shrek but thanks for shoving me down this rabbit hole you madman

D

Deleted member

Shadow can do way better
Man, now you just made me remember that I legit played this song after that November Smash Direct because of Sakurai going "lol **** you who wanted Rex & Pyra" with that Mii Costume reveal.

No amount alcohol ain't gonna make me forget that moment.

scott has committed suicide.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Friendly reminder that I made a bet, if the recently revealed female character for Persona 5: The Royal ends up being Joker's female alt I will draw a lewd of her.

Just wanted to remind you guys of the stakes.
Those are pretty high stakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom