• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Show of hands. Who among you would buy a DC vs. Marvel fighting game. And what would you expect from such a title. Who would you want to make it? What gameplay style would you want from it. Should this be it's ow thread? Will people even see it if I make it it's own thread?

Answer whichever of these questions you want.
I'd buy it and the rest doesn't matter because I'd buy it anyway because I'm comic book trash.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
You unfold the doorknob.
You: "F"
You attempt to eat the unfolded, dead doorknob.
View attachment 198199
Delicious! And strangely spicy...

You: "That's lunch taken care of. Wait... what is this feeling?"
Your stomach glows for a second.

Power Gained! :
Knob Diplomacy
By eating the doorknob, you have gained the ability to befriend other types of knobs.

You enter the room for a second time, this time more violently.
There is still a TV on a stand with some devices, a window, a wardrobe, a twin sized bed, and a toy box.
I open the wardrobe, attempting to find Narnia.

D

Deleted member

Show of hands. Who among you would buy a DC vs. Marvel fighting game. And what would you expect from such a title. Who would you want to make it? What gameplay style would you want from it. Should this be it's ow thread? Will people even see it if I make it it's own thread?

MvC but DCvM? I'd be down for it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay guys, we've now established that in addition to cinnamon breath, we also have Kirby's power of "eat things to gain their powers."

Let's proceed.
Actually wait a minute. Eat the TV to gain electric powers.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Take a nap after all this doorknob business.
You take a nap.
Rolling to see nap length...
1552588828910.png

You nap for six hours, not like you can tell. It is, however, now dark outside.

I open the wardrobe, attempting to find Narnia.
Inside the wardrobe are 4 sets of identical outfits: A simple black v-neck shirt, and jeans. Looks child-sized. Unfortunately, no Narnia this time. Darn!
Besides the clothes are one pair of black running shoes and a card.

osby

Smash Obsessed

It would be interesting. A thread might be a good idea because there are just so many characters.

And I'm okay with anyone as long as Wiccan and Hulkling vs Raven and Beast Boy can be a thing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Actually wait a minute. Eat the TV to gain electric powers.
You walk up to the television. It has a big screen, a channel knob and a volume knob in addition to the power switch.
You try to eat the television, but it doesn't want to be eaten yet judging by the fact that it's massive.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
You take a nap.
View attachment 198201

Inside the wardrobe are 4 sets of identical outfits: A simple black v-neck shirt, and jeans. Looks child-sized. Unfortunately, no Narnia this time. Darn!
You walk up to the television. It has a big screen, a channel knob and a volume knob in addition to the power switch.
You try to eat the television, but it doesn't want to be eaten yet judging by the fact that it's massive.
I read the card in the closet.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Engage with the volume knob and attempt to learn from it how to amplify our voice.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Show of hands. Who among you would buy a DC vs. Marvel fighting game. And what would you expect from such a title. Who would you want to make it? What gameplay style would you want from it. Should this be its own thread? Will people even see it if I make it it's own thread?

I'll answer all of them because why not?
  1. I probably wouldn't buy it since I'm not a fan of fighting games personally (I just don't have the time to get good at them). I would like to see it happen though, if only so comic book fans could finally play out all the Marvel vs. DC fights they've done with action figures or forum roleplays or other stuff like that.
  2. I'd expect a good fighting game representing both franchises well in terms of roster. i.e. make sure things like the Justice League and Teen Titans are present for DC, and the Avengers and X-Men are present for Marvel among other characters (Young Justice and Fantastic Four would be nice to see as well). No roster tampering like what happened in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.
  3. I know they're busy with a lot of fighting games, but I would love to see Arc System Works develop it. They've been on a roll with fighting games recently, and I think they could capture the art style and feel of the comic book characters well seeing how they knocked it out of the park in those regards with Dragon Ball FighterZ.
  4. I would want it to be a competitive fighting game. That's really it. Preferably it's good enough to be at EVO for a year or two, if not longer.
  5. No, don't make it it's own thread. No one would see it, and a question like this is best asked on the social thread. Furthermore, this is a hypothetical game and not one that's in development.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait a minute. Yank the knob off.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I'll post over in the lighthouse. Won't be like my usual roster threads because I don't really even know where to begin with a project like this. Okay, thats not true, I know where i'd want to START. It's finishing it and making it a reasonable sized roster that's the problem.

Does anyone else here like to sing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The wording implies that it's possible for the tv to want to be eaten.

Attempt to persuade the TV via knob communication.

D

Deleted member

You take a nap.
View attachment 198201

Damn, no fancy clother. Guess we have to go to the date naked

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, not to get off-topic but it feels like it should be on-topic:

I've been reading a ton of **** from the Corrin Discord and reddit and I've been playing Corrin all wrong. Using neutralB and sideB in neutral is a terrible idea; aerials link in ways I didn't know; instaturn being used for its tipper is WAY more effective than spacing out the Fsmash, SHFF Bair is more usable on the ground than I gave it credit for, Uair is a good kill move when I don't abuse it and stale it, and I've been picking the wrong stages this whole damn time.

Corrin 2.0 coming up soon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
OK. I'll post over in the lighthouse. Won't be like my usual roster threads because I don't really even know where to begin with a project like this. Okay, thats not true, I know where i'd want to START. It's finishing it and making it a reasonable sized roster that's the problem.
Yeah, it's hard to limit this sort of thing.

...just make it Teen Titans vs Young Avengers

Does anyone else here like to sing?
Kinda but...why?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'll answer all of them because why not?
  1. I probably wouldn't buy it since I'm not a fan of fighting games personally (I just don't have the time to get good at them). I would like to see it happen though, if only so comic book fans could finally play out all the Marvel vs. DC fights they've done with action figures or forum roleplays or other stuff like that.
  2. I'd expect a good fighting game representing both franchises well in terms of roster. i.e. make sure things like the Justice League and Teen Titans are present for DC, and the Avengers and X-Men are present for Marvel among other characters. No roster tampering like what happened in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.
  3. I know they're busy with a lot of fighting games, but I would love to see Arc System Works develop it. They've been on a roll with fighting games recently, and I think they could capture the art style and feel of the comic book characters well seeing how they knocked it out of the park in those regards with Dragon Ball FighterZ.
  4. I would want it to be a competitive fighting game. That's really it. Preferably it's good enough to be at EVO for a year or two, if not longer.
Yeah, totally. It needs a wide swath of representation from most of the Marvel and DC Teams, heroes and villains alike. It would probably be HUGE. Like, maybe set the world record for largest fighting game roster. No one group dominating. Arc Sys would be good. I'd love to see them try out a non-anime art style and see what they can really do.

It would be interesting. A thread might be a good idea because there are just so many characters.

And I'm okay with anyone as long as Wiccan and Hulkling vs Raven and Beast Boy can be a thing.
  1. No, don't make it it's own thread. No one would see it, and a question like this is best asked on the social thread. Furthermore, this is a hypothetical game and not one that's in development.
Wait, should I or shouldn't I make a thread for this?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Engage with the volume knob and attempt to learn from it how to amplify our voice.
You attempt to interface with the Volume Knob
You: "Uh... hello. Got any tips for being louder?"
VK: "[unintelligible mumbling]"

Wait a minute. Yank the knob off.
You try yanking the volume knob off instead. In doing so, you end up twisting it to the right instead. Seems pretty well attached.
VK: "aaaaaaAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

The wording implies that it's possible for the tv to want to be eaten.

Attempt to persuade the TV via knob communication.
You, speaking to both knobs generally: "So... can I eat you yet?"
1552589443276.png

VK: I'D RATHER NOT BE EATEN.
CK: The channel knob is silent, yet for some reason, possibly the poor knob you ate earlier, you can sense it's fear.

I read the card in the closet.
You leave the TV alone for now and walk back to the wardrobe.
You pick up the card.

Woah, it's a steakhouse gift card. Imagine that! You can use that for your date at 8PM... wait a second.

Gained:
Steakhouse Gift Card (Unknown Value)
Temporal uncertainty

D

Deleted member

You try yanking the volume knob off instead. In doing so, you end up twisting it to the right instead. Seems pretty well attached.

View attachment 198203
CK: The channel knob is silent, yet for some reason, possibly the poor knob you ate earlier, you can sense it's fear.

You pick up the card.

Woah, it's a steakhouse gift card. Imagine that! You can use that for your date at 8PM... wait a second.

Gained:
Temporal uncertainty
Use the gift card to persuade the knobs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

View attachment 198203

You pick up the card.

Gained:
Temporal uncertainty
Breathe on it with cinnamon breath and ask again, and say please to be polite.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am so weirded out now.

What the **** is JoJo.

Also I'm pretty sure that's D.C. Douglas's voice.
That's Part 4's main villain who yes, IS voiced by D.C Douglas which is why I recommended the dub

**** yeah I'd buy it. Just dunno who they'd add as I'm very tired and tired Gwen has a very useless brain

Just a penguin

Smash Master

View attachment 198203

You pick up the card.

Gained:
Temporal uncertainty
Call an uber, pay with the outfits in the closet, and go to the steakhouse with the gift card in hand.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's Part 4's main villain who yes, IS voiced by D.C Douglas which is why I recommended the dub

**** yeah I'd buy it. Just dunno who they'd add as I'm very tired and tired Gwen has a very useless brain
I swear that man only gets robots and villains.

I thought Gunter was the first role he played where he got to be a genuine good guy but then I finally played Revelations three years later and goddammit he's a villain again!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Use the gift card to persuade the knobs.
You bring a gift for the television.
VK: "I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE AWARE BUT WE CANNOT MOVE FROM THIS SPOT."

Breathe on it with cinnamon breath and ask again, and say please to be polite.
You breath some cinnamon onto the knobs.
You: "Please~? How about now~?"
VK: "YOUR BREATH REEKS DUDE. I THINK. I CAN'T SMELL. ALSO WATCH WHAT YOU BREATHE!!"
Incidentally, the power switch starts to have an allergic reaction.

Call an uber, pay with the outfits in the closet, and go to the steakhouse with the gift card in hand.
You would, but you have no cell phone. You try shouting out the window anyway.

1552590014822.png

You try to shout out for an Uber, but you get stage fright and end up burping out a massive cloud of cinnamon.
You can feel the Channel Knob start showing concern for the power switch.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That could be it's own project by itself. Man, they should do a Young Avengers movie or show.
MCU really seems to be building up for Young Avengers but it'll probably have an original cast maybe aside from Cassie.

Shame, Volume 1 team is one of my favorite Marvel teams, up there with X-Force Investigations, Runaways and Astonishing X-Men.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 198203

You pick up the card.

Gained:
Temporal uncertainty
I look at the sun to see what time it is, while attempting to not go blind by looking at the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom