• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You like spiders? I got more where that came from:

I regret nothing.

i literally stopped playing super paper mario as a kid because this **** always creeped me out too much

especially the chase scene

god the chase scene
Was never that terrified of it myself but it always creeped me out, the scene quite the shock when I first saw it.

It speaks volumes since that's not even the creepiest part of the game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like we read two completely different conversations.
We read it like it's a normal conversation

You read it like a high school english teacher and thought it had a gajillion different meanings in each syllable of text

D

Deleted member

I feel like we read two completely different conversations.
Clearly because I don't know how you're making an issue over someone stating animals of different sex being transphobic. Everyone else here seems to share this confusion. Practice what you preach and actually consider what you're saying here. Reread the thread if you need to or take a break.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, who should I genderbend next...?

:ultbowser: - which will be an unironic Bowsette, don't think I won't (*secretly hopes someone asks for it*)
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultlittlemac::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultcloud:

:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultzelda::4zelda::ultzss::ultpalutena::ultbayonetta:

Cutting out the Kids, Robots, Homo-Nintendii, Animals and the Characters with pre-existing genderswaps for simplicity's sake.

D

Deleted member

I'm tired of this convo.

Oshawott is the best Gen 5 Pokemon, and best water starter. This is a fact. Anyone who disagrees will recieve death by water guns.
The best water starter is Mudkip. Swampert is amazing because it has so little weaknesses. Give it a mega evolution and you're steamrolling.

D

Deleted member

Id rather we stay talking about Animal sex differenced in Wild animals. Like how a female duck is less colorful them a male. Speaking of, can anyone educate me on why that is?
Isnt that due to something regarding the male needing to attract the female duck? Kinda like the peacocks?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

:ultbowser: - which will be an unironic Bowsette, don't think I won't (*secretly hopes someone asks for it*)
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultlittlemac::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultcloud:

:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultzelda::4zelda::ultzss::ultpalutena::ultbayonetta:

Cutting out the Kids, Robots, Homo-Nintendii, Animals and the Characters with pre-existing genderswaps for simplicity's sake.
Topless R63 Ganondorf, but very elegant, pretty much a sinister Urbosa

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I feel like I should probably, again, request that we not linger on the subject of sexuality. Too many times does this subject come up, and then the arguments erupt, reports flow in, and everyone is unhappy. Please, move on to another subject before it gets to this point.

D

Deleted member

Can you do that for Bowser? I see why not sure the trend was annoying it isn't worth completely ignoring everything about it. Plus if you have an idea for something which you think is good go for it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Id rather we stay talking about Animal sex differenced in Wild animals. Like how a female duck is less colorful them a male. Speaking of, can anyone educate me on why that is?
Male birds generally use their more colorful plumage to attract mates. Ducks, peafowl, and chickens all fall into this, among others like the birds of paradise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, by that logic, Froakie would be up there too.

Which he is.
I mean, Greninja is conceptually cool and is probably one of my favorite Pokemon reps because it's a water frog ninja. Greninja's mega evolution is pretty boring though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oshawott is the best Gen 5 Pokemon

Dang. But you put Bowser...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again.

Imagine not picking the Grass starter.
I'm pretty balanced. I don't gravitate towards one specific typing for starters. Gen 7's pick for me would be the owl starter while Gen 8 is the bunny, so far. Gen 6 would be Greninja.

Last edited by a moderator:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
i literally stopped playing super paper mario as a kid because this **** always creeped me out too much

especially the chase scene

god the chase scene
We had the same childhood.

Mmmmmmmmmmm hehehehehehehe..... believe what you must to sleep at night. You're now on our list.
I would love to know what that is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, what do you want me to say? I was talking about spiders and a fictional rat. Never once did I try to rope this into being political or mentioning trans people.

I'm one of the most chill people here who doesn't got a beef with anyone, ofc I'm not transphobic.
Okay. I admit I did kind of overreact.

So basically, whenever we talk about any gender differences whatsoever, regardless if it’s insects or Pokémon or based off of scientific evidence, it should be considered transphobic?

That’s pretty much what I got from this statement.
No. You just need to make sure no one will THINK you are trying to be.

You do realize everyone in Oz is in some sort of loop right?

No disease, aging, or death.

So I guess this won’t affect us in Oz.

I’d be willing to act as a Spy however
Good. Find a way to get back here for conversion and then re asimilate into Oz-ian culture, preferably seaking a high position of power to make the eventual coup easier.

We read it like it's a normal conversation

You read it like a high school english teacher and thought it had a gajillion different meanings in each syllable of text
I mean, I'm a writer. How can I not. I also feel like if this were a face to face conversation we would have gotten each other's points much easier and faster.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel like I should probably, again, request that we not linger on the subject of sexuality. Too many times does this subject come up, and then the arguments erupt, reports flow in, and everyone is unhappy. Please, move on to another subject before it gets to this point.
It feels like this topic comes up every other week.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think what matters here is context. Sexual dimorphism is frequently used as a stick to beat trans people with, so that's clearly a problem and needs to be called out wherever it happens.

In the context of animals other than humans, though, they don't have the concept of gender that we do, so I don't think you can really call that sort of language transphobic in that context. The language used may run close to what can be considered transphobic, and I think that's what SnakeFighter was getting at, but unless someone came in and started applying it to humans as well, then it's not as harmful. If they did, then you can call them out on it.

I don't think it's a problem to have the discussion. Just need to be a bit more conscious of the context of what's being discussed, I think.

(also sorry if I'm late with this and the discussion already moved on, but I typed this up on mobile so it took a while.)

D

Deleted member

ACTUALLY, imagine being the guy who actually looks at all the Starter Pokemon, and going, "hmmm, you know who I would pick? The fire starter."

Can't be me.
I did it with Cyndiquil and Tepig, and I don't regret any of those decisions. They carried me through thick and thin.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
But what would they look like?

That is the question.
The nearest equivalent to what your current gender is, in terms of how people in that setting determine the quality of physical attractiveness. Boring answer, but the most realistic one.

Fem me would look ****ing plain.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Topless R63 Ganondorf, but very elegant, pretty much a sinister Urbosa
Topless?

I actually have something in mind for Ganondorf.

Peach and Zelda, too.
Can you do that for Bowser? I see why not sure the trend was annoying it isn't worth completely ignoring everything about it. Plus if you have an idea for something which you think is good go for it.
Dang. But you put Bowser...
I put Bowser up there because, if I did do Bowser, it would just be a straight-up Bowsette (a fan Peach-looking Bowsette, giant boobs and all).

It's there mostly as a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom