• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If the recent DM is any indication, I see where this is going :yoshi:
Ssshhh... They must never know.
I should really get to making my own pile of cruddy drawings. Just to get the experience and make something about as good as this. Nice work.
Falcon Hot my dude!
Drawn with all the speed of a Falcon. A Captain Falcon.

It's incredible what you can get done in 30 minutes when properly motivated.
Two things:
1) Good drawing
2) Imagine getting hit by her forward aerial. I can believe Captain Falcon's knee doing what it does with knees like those.
I think yesterday Noipoi Noipoi said something about women who can crush watermelons with their thighs.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I did say he was getting close, not that he actually was. The problem is that a lot of people don't assume that what you're saying dosn't also apply to humans. Because humans are animals. I hate it when stupid people misunderstand and weaponize science to enable bigotry, and I feel like you always need to qualify what you are saying to keep them at bay.
While I understand your feelings, I think what's important here is to consider the context of the statement. Shroob is clearly not talking about humans or our concept of gender, it's not even the topic that he responds to as the post was just about Pokémon sexual dimorphism, the topic is just talking about animals. So what he's saying is clearly just talking about the differences that gender has for those animals in nature, nothing more, nothing less. He has no intention of being transphobic or inconsiderate, and he's not being ignorant or using science as away to push such a thing as nothing implies anything of the sort.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I did say he was getting close, not that he actually was. The problem is that a lot of people don't assume that what you're saying dosn't also apply to humans. Because humans are animals. I hate it when stupid people misunderstand and weaponize science to enable bigotry, and I feel like you always need to qualify what you are saying to keep them at bay.
Im sorry, but learn to read the energy behind the convo sometimes. Dont bring up "But humans" When we are talking about Non human animals

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's inevitable. You must make piece with that side of yourself if you hope to survive the coming war. We have ways of dealing with those who resist.
Again, good luck getting to my location.

Also... Princess Ozma technically went through Gender change... twice. So there’s that.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah like, I follow a turantula youtube channal and every single one of the females he has are gigantic and the males are small lil guys.

now Im curious about why female spiders are always huge.
It's not just female spiders. The insect kingdom seems to be a reverse of the mammalian and reptilian kingdoms. For one thing, the latter two's males tend to be very expressive in form while the females have dull colors to help them stay out of danger. Insects have it differently, with most of the females being very imposing. Dunno why that is, but for one reason or another, the universe decided to make interstellar travel stupid-impossible so we'll never know what other fascinating complexities exist out there.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But I cant think of any other animal where the female/male is bigger then the male/female :139: Spiders is all I know
hyenas

also is there a ****ing difference between coyote and hyena because god if i cant figure out a single difference

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they're anything like me, I'd avoid them.
hahaha, I'm sad.
You can't avoid what's inside. Might as well embrace it and discuss video games with it.

Or take over the world and send everybody to the salt mines.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here, have another spider. This one is a very special spider:

i literally stopped playing super paper mario as a kid because this **** always creeped me out too much

especially the chase scene

god the chase scene

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Again, good luck getting to my location.

Also... Princess Ozma technically went through Gender change... twice. So there’s that.
You think we're not already there..... think about what you just said.

While I understand your feelings, I think what's important here is to consider the context of the statement. Shroob is clearly not talking about humans or our concept of gender, it's not even the topic that he responds to as the post was just about Pokémon sexual dimorphism, the topic is just talking about animals. So what he's saying is clearly just talking about the differences that gender has for those animals in nature, nothing more, nothing less. He has no intention of being transphobic or inconsiderate, and he's not being ignorant or using science as away to push such a thing as nothing implies anything of the sort.
Im sorry, but learn to read the energy behind the convo sometimes. Dont bring up "But humans" When we are talking about Non human animals
Intent matters not. You need to think of all the implications of what you are saying, and cover all your bases so people don't misinterpret and misrepresent you're ideas. Shroob did not cover his bases. Unfortunately we can not rely on subtext or assumptions in the world we live in anymore. Because if you don't explicitly state everything in the plainest, yet also most detailed, way then the bad guys will assume you're with them and use you're words as weapons.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Intent matters not. You need to think of all the implications of what you are saying, and cover all your bases so people don't misinterpret and misrepresent you're ideas. Shroob did not cover his bases. Unfortunately we can not rely on subtext or assumptions in the world we live in anymore. Because if you don't explicitly state everything in the plainest, yet also most detailed, way then the bad guys will assume you're with them and use you're words as weapons.
Do realize the changes were by magic right?

Also it happened back in 1904, long before these events so she’s neutral in all this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ah ah, not hearing it. We are doing our part and thinking about the ways it can be used aginst humans and not using it that way at all, which again, the convo was about Spiders. You do your part and dont interpret things to be things they absolutely arent

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hyenas I heard tend to be bigger than males in some...significant areas
a weeaboo's fantasy is a hyena's reality

Intent matters not. You need to think of all the implications of what you are saying, and cover all your bases so people don't misinterpret and misrepresent you're ideas.
thats literally impossible

Unfortunately we can not rely on subtext or assumptions in the world we live in anymore
how am i supposed to make fun of people now

Because if you don't explicitly state everything in the plainest, yet also most detailed, way then the bad guys will assume you're with them and use you're words as weapons.
why can't he just disassociate with the groups though?

this is like one of those "we found an old tweet" scenarios. comedy and what people are okay with morph over time and we've obviously been more sensitized to the reality of the situation, but that doesn't mean that the person can change with it.

let the man be for gods sake

D

Deleted member

The thing is he was thinking. He understood the context and even clarified when you called him out. You're clearly the one not thinking if you misinterpret the context of this conversation at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Mmmmmmmmmmm hehehehehehehe..... believe what you must to sleep at night. You're now on our list.
You do realize everyone in Oz is in some sort of loop right?

No disease, aging, or death.

So I guess this won’t affect us in Oz.

I’d be willing to act as a Spy however

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, what do you want me to say? I was talking about spiders and a fictional rat. Never once did I try to rope this into being political or mentioning trans people.

I'm one of the most chill people here who doesn't got a beef with anyone, ofc I'm not transphobic.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

So basically, whenever we talk about any gender differences whatsoever, regardless if it’s insects or Pokémon or based off of scientific evidence, it should be considered transphobic?

That’s pretty much what I got from this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom