• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really didn't mean for the conversation to take the tone it did. I was really just speaking in a general way, not canonically modern.
hope things lighten :)

I'll be back in like 20 minutes to check out if the games started.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hmmmm, do I start my game tonight or tomorrow?

Also,

Just grabbed a few quotes, but did I really start this discussion by saying that everybody is going to be female in the hunger games? Then people started talking about how we would know if the pokemon were female and whatnot.
Sorry if that’s how you feel.

Personally I never wish to enter these types of discussions because I know if I say something, someone will disagree with me.

Neutrality is a very fickle thing.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So we’re talking about Pokémon gender differences huh?

Not sure if I can contribute much to this conversation but...

Did you know that Pikachu Libre is a girl?

That’s all I got right now. And I’m not trying to go to Bulbapedia to look up any other gender differences either.
Thank you. I needed to know this.

Hmmmm, do I start my game tonight or tomorrow?

Also,

Just grabbed a few quotes, but did I really start this discussion by saying that everybody is going to be female in the hunger games? Then people started talking about how we would know if the pokemon were female and whatnot.
Depends on if you think you can stay up long enough.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, please, explain what the hell you mean.

How the hell am I 'being transphobic' when this information is taught in ****ing grade school.

This is ****ing stupid.
Arg... I don't LIKE discussing gender philosophy, especially when I'm making Supermen fight each other but if you insist...

*inhaes* the statement "that's just how nature is" when referring to a gender binary is a harmless statement when applying to animals by themselves, but some people who aren't inclusive or respectful towards trans people use these exact same sentiments to invalidate our identities. So i guess you are not being transphobic, but rather reflecting potentially transphobic ideology.

Anyway, on with the show! Things are getting interesting. We now have to deal with an...
The remaining tributes begin to hallucinate.

Bizarro Superman mistakes Tangent Comics Superman for a bear and kills him.

Calvin Ellis mistakes Flashpoint Superman for a bear and kills him.

Superman (JLA/Avengers) hugs a tracker jacker nest, believing it to be a pillow.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
D

Deleted member

Beat Sekiro, and aside from a couple roadblocks I honestly found it much easier than I expected compared to my first playthroughs of other Fromsoft games. I think legacy skill from Dark Souls/Bloodborne helped me more than I expected it to, even though Sekiro doesn't play anything like either of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Arg... I don't LIKE discussing gender philosophy, especially when I'm making Supermen fight each other but if you insist...

*inhaes* the statement "that's just how nature is" when referring to a gender binary is a harmless statement when applying to animals by themselves, but some people who aren't inclusive or respectful towards trans people use these exact same sentiments to invalidate our identities. So i guess you are not being transphobic, but rather reflecting potentially transphobic ideology.

Anyway, on with the show! Things are getting interesting. We now have to deal with an...

Superman (JLA/Avengers) hugs a tracker jacker nest, believing it to be a pillow.
Except, I'm not.

I'm using it to talk about animals, and, that is how nature is in kingdom animalia. If you see a big, black widow, it's female, it's venomous, it's dangerous, it's nature's way of saying "Hey, that thing's dangerous".

I'm not even talking about people, but, it's a scientific fact that female arachnids are HUGE compared to men.

Please, stop trying to make this political.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see the superman thing is done, but i really need to go for 20 minutes. so in any case it's ok and ill just look at what happened when im back.

D

Deleted member

Can I just say I really dislike what they did to Blathers in AC: New Leaf?

'Cause I really dislike what they did to Blathers in New Leaf. He just doesn't have the same charm he used too, which is a huge shame, because the rest of the game's cast is still brilliant (well, besides Resetti, that is).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Well... it was pretty damn clear we were talking about Spiders and how they have needs in nature to be different sizes, not about humans.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel like I managed to quadruple the amount of the gifs the Oz anime has.

Seriously, two gifs when I google searched one time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Non-human animals don't have a concept of gender. It's a very human thing. Saying that non-human animals exist on a binary male-or-female basis isn't being transphobic.

Most animals don't have self-awareness, and as such, don't have a concept of gender. Humans do, but we aren't talking about humans.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

OK... what?

This isn’t a matter of gender philosophy, it’s a matter of biology. Animal/Non-human biology.

We are not talking about humans here.

I honestly don’t get why this is turning into an argument when Shroob is only stating something that’s been proven and is pretty common knowledge.

Not every single ****ing statement on gender has to be a political one.

Sorry for being blunt about this, but it really annoys me that people sometimes take everything, including scientific facts, as some political statement.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The final placements of our contest of Supermen
Placements.png

And a summary of the deaths of the event
The Bloodbath
Superdemon
snaps Black Suit Superman's neck.
Super Soldier (Amalgam), Superman 64, and Super-Squirrel get into a fight. Super Soldier (Amalgam) triumphantly kills them both.

Day 1
No deaths occurred.

Night 1
Superwoman
ambushes DCAU Superman and kills him.
Super Soldier (Amalgam) sets an explosive off, killing Just Imagine Superman, Superman, and Ultraman.
Justice Lord Superman falls into a pit and dies.

Day 2
Overman
poisons Gods and Monsters Superman's drink. He drinks it and dies.

Night 2
No deaths occurred.

Day 3
Tangent Comics Superman
severely injures Overman and leaves him to die.

Night 3
Super Soldier (Amalgam)
throws a knife into Supermartian's head.

Day 4
Superdemon
dies trying to escape the arena.

Night 4
No deaths occurred.

Day 5
Super Soldier (Amalgam)
sets an explosive off, killing Clark Kent (Smallville).
Red Son Superman is unable to convince Tetsuya Nomura Superman to not kill him.

Night 5
Calvin Ellis
overpowers Pre-Crisis Superman, killing him.

The Feast
Bizarro Superman
shoots an arrow into Baman (Speeding Bullets)'s head.
Super Soldier (Amalgam) dies from an infection.

Day 6
No deaths occurred.

Night 6
Superwoman
dies trying to escape the arena.

Day 7
Tangent Comics Superman
kills Tetsuya Nomura Superman for his supplies.

Arena Event

Night 7
Calvin Ellis
ambushes Bizarro Superman and kills him.
The winner is Calvin Ellis from District 2!

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Non-human animals don't have a concept of gender. It's a very human thing. Saying that non-human animals exist on a binary male-or-female basis isn't being transphobic.

Most animals don't have self-awareness, and as such, don't have a concept of gender. Humans do, but we aren't talking about humans.
My squirrel identifies as an apache helicopter, though.

Double K

Smash Lord

While I can understand the reasoning you can view it as I tend to make the same arguments all the time (against transphobes, that is), when the particular subject was visual design of a Pokemon like Pikachu, and referencing a real world example of sexual dimorphism, it does feel a bit like lashing out.

My squirrel identifies as an apache helicopter, though.
This on the other hand, is extraordinarily transphobic

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
K. Rool receives fresh food from an unknown sponsor.

General Grievous unknowingly eats toxic berries.

Dorothy Gale questions her sanity.

Farmer with a shotgun makes a wooden spear.

Duster picks flowers.

Lobo the Duck tends to Charlotte's wounds.

Nicktendo receives a hatchet from an unknown sponsor.

Captain Commando dies from thirst.

Edea Lee receives clean water from an unknown sponsor.

Geno diverts Thanos Police Officers's attention and runs away.

Barte explores the arena.

Corrin searches for firewood.

Negan scares Albert Wesker off.

Robin Hood's trap kills Etika.
I think I'm pretty happy with how these turned out! Sorry it took 8 hours for this one, I had a shift from 7 to 10 so I was away from the computer. I might get started on the next batch, but it won't come out before I wake up tomorrow.
I never knew I needed an image of Grievous dying from toxic berries in my life until now.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Except, I'm not.

I'm using it to talk about animals, and, that is how nature is in kingdom animalia. If you see a big, black widow, it's female, it's venomous, it's dangerous, it's nature's way of saying "Hey, that thing's dangerous".

I'm not even talking about people, but, it's a scientific fact that female arachnids are HUGE compared to men.

Please, stop trying to make this political.
I'm not making friends with either side, am I.

Shroob, while I may agree with your stance that female spiders are larger than male spiders and cannot be changed, I just want you to be aware that this is Smashboards, not a controversy forum. You don't need to always get the last word, especially when you are flirting with danger by continuing. Same goes for SnakeFighter, we don't need to have this discussion here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I can understand the reasoning you can view it as I tend to make the same arguments all the time (against transphobes, that is), when the particular subject was visual design of a Pokemon like Pikachu, and referencing a real world example of sexual dimorphism, it does feel a bit like lashing out.

This on the other hand, is extraordinarily transphobic
I did say he was getting close, not that he actually was. The problem is that a lot of people don't assume that what you're saying dosn't also apply to humans. Because humans are animals. I hate it when stupid people misunderstand and weaponize science to enable bigotry, and I feel like you always need to qualify what you are saying to keep them at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom