• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wasn't asking for you're age, I was actually asking for the decade. But you gave that to me anyway. (Keep in mind I also prefer DC to Marvel so that's gonna color my opinions)

Simply put, my point is that you grew up in a different era of Marvel than I did. I got into Marvel during the MCU era. I wasn't little when I did, in fact I was just starting out in high school (I jumped in late around Winter Soldier). To me, that's Marvel. I don't dislike the X-Men, but I've never found them appealing. And while I like the Idea of Fantastic Four, the movies have all bean pretty bad. Also, when I look at the X-Men and The Avengers, I see two completely different circumstances behind the members of their teams. Each Avenger is a pre-existing headliner of their own series, and their brought to work together. So when I look at a game like, say, Marvel Infinite, I don't see a bunch of Avengers characters. I see bunch of Iron Man characters, and Thor characters, and Hulk characters, etc.

The X-Men however, from my limited exposure, do not have the same benefit. With very few exceptions like Wolverine, the X-Men are all created specifically for the X-Men series. They all draw from the same pool of villains, have a similar/shared origin, and only headline their own stories AFTER appearing in an X-Men story. So when I look at a game like say, Marvel 2, I see a bunch of characters all from the same franchise bringing in very little variety and leaving whole corner of the Marvel Universe out entirely. I still think it's a crime that MvC had characters like Marrow and Spiral in it before Thor ever showed up on the roster, and that Spider-Man's rogue's gallery is underutilized to a disappointing extent in favor of more X-Men.

We were raised during two vastly different areas of Marvel's history. So each of us expects something different from their crossover events and films. I just want my side of the argument to be heard and recognized because the conversation is so often dominated by 90s fans who prefer the X-Men and look at the Marvel Universe in a completely different way.

Trust me, I get it. Spider-Man being my favorite franchise, I would REALLY REALLY like it if more characters from that series made it into Marvel vs Capcom. I think that's the one thing we can agree on. Spider-Man and Venom aside, Green Goblin, Carnage, Black Cat, Cloak and Dagger, Sandman, Mysterio and many more would make for great fighting game characters. When it comes to MVC I don't exactly want characters like Marrow making it instead of Black Panther or Blade or Thor. But I don't think it's too much to ask to keep essential Marvel icons like Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool and Magneto around for fighting games, plus a few other fan favorites like Rouge or Psylocke. They helped to get Marvel where it is today, just as much as most other franchises, like Iron Man or GotG. Barring Spider-Man, for being the mascot of the entire company.

The X-Men are a team, that's the benefit of their franchise is that a lot of heroes get to shine within it. Even if they share similar villains, some have rivals of their own. Storm with the Shadow King or Calisto(I'm probably spelling that wrong, but the Morlock Lady), Wolverine with Sabre-tooth and Lady Deathstrike. Rouge having a more personal connection to Mystique. Though that's the nature of a team franchise, Teen Titan characters share antagonists from time to time too, and that's fine, it doesn't mean the characters are lesser for it.

And for me, when looking at Marvel Infinite, I see "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THOSE MOVIES YOU LIKE,LETS ACT LIKE THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!" When looking at Marvel 2 I see "HEY RE-RE-RE-USED ASSETS, Should we use Daredevil, no **** you, here's Marrow!"

I have no actual issues with Avengers, since I really like Comic Ultron and Taskmaster as villains, and again, I like Captain America and Black Panther but it is annoying when products outside of the movies ignore 2 of my favorite franchises. I just don't there should be any game that puts ****ing Rocket Raccoon over Wolverine.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Holy **** do I, like, give an acceptance speech? I don't know what to do.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I...
I'm An idiot...
Nothing new
I died before an emoticon.

2 cannon shots can be heard in the distance.

Surgery Miyamoto

District 2

Ultomato

District 9

The winner is staindgrey from District 1!

Okay, so at least someone from my district avenged me.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Rest, my Whitewings, and let the valkyries guide you to your final resting place. Palla, KDMP, Duke Nukem...you've been avenged.
Avenged, by Negative Man's own hubris clumsiness.
I am soooooo freaking bored. There's, like, nothing to do. My younger brother took the Switch for the night, not in the mood to play shiny hunt, no snacks for stress eating, too dark and wet to go outside, and I can't find anything on YouTube to watch. I'm literally going to die
If you're bored, do what I do and doodle.
------------------------------------------------
Speaking of doodles, apparently people missed my F!Joker doodle (either that or nobody cared *shrug*).
I'm not going to let this 15 minute doodle of a girl's head go to waste, darn it.
:laugh:
staindgrey bashes Surgery Miyamoto's head in with a mace.
Jesus, staind.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm starting to think there was foul play involved

There's no way Grey would be able to simply win something like that
I swear I only paid off, like, three people.

Unless we're counting things that aren't money as payment.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So show us the killcount
staindgrey
Winner
District 1
4 Kills

Ultomato
2nd Place
District 9
1 Kill

Shigeru Miyamoto
3rd Place
District 2
2 Kills

Negative Man
4th Place
District 11
4 Kills

Noipoi
5th Place
District 12
1 Kill

Duke Nukem
6th Place
District 6
4 Kills

Shruggin' Chuck
7th Place
District 7
2 Kills

Mr. Nobody
8th Place
District 11

Joker The Mighty
9th Place
District 2
1 Kill

Ghiaccio
10th Place
District 10

NateVO
11th Place
District 3

Mr. Moseby
12th Place
District 1

Palla
13th Place
District 4
1 Kill

Idunn
14th Place
District 7

Chain Chomp
15th Place
District 8
4 Kills

BCL
16th Place
District 5
1 Kill

AbareKiller
17th Place
District 4
2 Kills

P5R FeMC
18th Place
District 11

KMDP
19th Place
District 12

Wario Deluxe
20th Place
District 3
2 Kills

The Gentlepanda
21st Place
District 7
1 Kill

TF2 Sniper
22nd Place
District 10
1 Kill

Konkey Dong
23rd Place
District 9

Iridium
24th Place
District 1

Cursed Callie Plushie
25th Place
District 5

Addam
26th Place
District 12

King of Payne
27th Place
District 3

Napoleon
28th Place
District 10
4 Kills

Tetra
29th Place
District 6T

Gheb
30th Place
District 8

Magolor
31st Place
District 5

Starfy
32nd Place
District 4

Mineta
33rd Place
District 6

Yuji Naka
34th Place
District 2

DI (Decidueye + Incineroar)
35th Place
District 5

ShotoStar
36th Place
District 12

Nemissa
37th Place
District 11

Segata Sanshiro
38th Place
District 9

Cabbage
39th Place
District 6

Sakura
40th Place
District 8

Smashing Ramen
41st Place
District 1
2 Kills

Stanley Kubrick
42nd Place
District 10
1 Kill

Spider-Ham
43rd Place
District 3

faygoshill
44th Place
District 7

Dora Standpipe
45th Place
District 2

Fawful
46th Place
District 8

Spoderman
47th Place
District 9

PeridotGX
48th Place
District 4
To account for everybody.

Of course I ended up being the halfway point again.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now it is time for a...

Negative Man trips and falls on the hard ground, and dies due to internal bleeding.

staindgrey survives.

Surgery Miyamoto survives.

Ultomato survives.
The results may shock you.
Pour one out for Negative Man. Dude was out for blood and bodybags. Only to trip and explode.

Pour One Out for the Homeboys.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom