• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
> Me: *logs in*
> Me: *has 8 notifications*
> Me: Wow, did I get a lot of likes?!
> Me: *checks notifications and find that it is just quotes, not a single like that I was hoping for*
> Me: ..........

In all seriousness, thanks for your replies. I'm sorry, I don't think the tweet I linked a while ago is real, but I could be wrong in that way. Remember when Sun and Moon starter's final evolution leaked way early? They called the evolutions fake, and guess what, it was 100% real.

Something about that, and that 'bug Pokemon' leak from days ago just rub me the wrong way, but then again, leaks about Pokemon were common even if most were fake, so.
The think with Pokemon fakes vs leaks is that they're a lot easier to pass off as real than Smash leaks. All it requires is someone able to draw and mimic Pokemon's style and voila, here's your concept art. By contrast, people expect Smash leaks to show screenshots of the game, which it's much harder to make it look genuine. For Pokemon, you just need art of a new creature which could be real. For Smash, you gotta convince people that an already existing character is joining the cast. The key issue here being that people can easily find if you've used an existing render. while Pokemon can't so easily be disproven.

This could all be real, but I don't really think there's much in its favour other than that

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
whoa there now, let's not bring things like opinions or nuance into this comparison when it's so clean cut

captain marvel is your perfectly fun and ordinary MCU origin story experience

but spider-verse

spider-verse is an experience

D

Deleted member

I thought Captain Marvel was ok, honestly. Not bad, but not amazing either.
Idk it seems to resonate with people differently

Personally i really liked it but it wasnt some big visionary project a la spiderverse it was just a fun generic marvel movie

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
No, I haven't.
Here, in case you were interested
It may be real, it may be fake... we don't know, yet

I'm hoping that it's real, because it's a pretty great design.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I need to watch more movies. But the good ones are usually always out of the cinemas before I get a chance to watch them
I dont see movies period unless im out with my girl friend

edit: turns out Spider isnt playing in any theaters near me
nothing aginst Cap Marval. I just dont wanna see it

KMDP

Smash Legend
Here, in case you were interested
It may be real, it may be fake... we don't know, yet

I'm hoping that it's real, because it's a pretty great design.
Hm...

This design feels... off.

It doesn't feel like a Pokémon design (I'm not saying it looks like a Digimon either, it looks more like a Monster Rancher or Yokai Watch design).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hm...

This design feels... off.

It doesn't feel like a Pokémon design (I'm not saying it looks like a Digimon either, it looks more like a Monster Rancher or Yokai Watch design).
Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up...
Why is everyone calling it that whrn it looks nothing like a Peanut fly
No clue.

I just called it that, because that's what everyone else is calling it.

I agree with ya, though. Looks nothing like one.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Still, won't be surprised if we do see a lot of genuine Pokemon leaks: this isn't gonna be like Smash

D

Deleted member

to whomsoever decided to commit such a heinous prank on me
Screenshot_2019-03-05-16-05-00.png

i will find you
and i will default dance on you

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I know I'm probably the only MLP fan on here, but I got a thought to share about the comic's latest arc about Discord, so lemme just drop some dumb rambles:

People are not super happy with how Discord is portrayed here. The Discord in these pages is pre-reform Discord, and some think that him having limits is OOC for when this takes place.

Honestly, I disagree. Even pre reform, Discord's chaos never caused massive destruction or nearly killed anyone. TBH I actually really like these pages because in my mind, Discord having a brief moment of empathy in his past makes it more believable that he could change latter on when he meets Fluttershy. In the show, Discord's change kind of comes out of nowhere. It is by no means bad, but it still just kind of just...happened.

And again, Discord had always (to me, at least) seemed the most redeemable MLP villain when compared to the others. Chrysalis and Tirek were ready to kill, but Discord simply used tricks and manipulation to get what he wanted. I really don't think he was as dark, sinister, and psychotic as the MLP fandom likes to make him out to be.

TL;DR: Discord ain't a Bill Cipher. I could believe even pre reform he had lines he would not cross.

D

Deleted member

It's very similar to when a British politician got murdered a few years ago with the murderer yelling "BRITAIN FIRST!". PDP is at fault for attracting that kind of crowd with all of the **** he's done like yell the N word and spread anti-semitism. Another example is a shooter's browsing history showing he followed infowars and other altright **** yet the people who were radicalizing the to-be shooters act the same way pewdiepie will. It's cynical, maybe, but people get radicalized by famous ****ty people on the internet all the time and those people never have to suffer any consequences despite motivating or promoting such vile ****
I'm late on this, but I really gotta disagree on this to the fullest extent. All of this could literally apply to any big "influencer", be it Keemstar, Tana Mongeau, but yet we all still let them have their platform after some certain actions, right? It goes across all sides, no matter where you lie at. Saying that PDP is at fault for this is EXACTLY what the shooter wants, and again, not his fault. I don't see how any normal person would disagree with this.

The guy knew exactly what he was doing: to cause more division. He knew that if he slapped his name with the manifesto, the mainstream media will drive away from supporting the actual victims and drive hard on the fact that it was PDP's fault and that his supporters are alt-right and the reason the guy did such a thing. In which case, ****, I guess people like Markiplier, VoiceoverPete and well, pretty much everybody across the board are alt-right, then.

In any case, I recommend at the least for anyone on this matter to find donation sites and give what you can to NZ. This is a good one I found.
https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/christchurch-shooting-victims-fund

D

Deleted member

on the bright side im part of pranked gang again now
Hearts out to any New Zealanders on here.

God, just hearing that some sick freak could do that sort of stuff is so frustrating.
what happened in new zealand

D

Deleted member

I'm not even sure if it'd be okay to talk about, but it'd be one of the first things that pops up when you google "New Zealand"
Holy crap, that’s horrible. o-o I don’t even know what to say.

D

Deleted member

I'm not even sure if it'd be okay to talk about, but it'd be one of the first things that pops up when you google "New Zealand"
****ing hell
why does this **** have to keep happening
this is so upsetting

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This is horrible, really, wish really stuff like this stopped happening in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom