• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Any predictions on things to expect at The Game Awards?
Smash reveal with heavy metal music and demons.

Pretty sure that article is taking these out of context anyway. Showrunners never said they made the character non-binary; they said they made them androgynous. There is actually a difference. None of them ever said they made it so the character does not identify as either or; it's just hard to tell which the character is on sight (which is fairly common across some anime anyway).
I was talkin’ about Smash.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is it odd I think @Tira and Zinith Zinith are the same person because of two reasons?
1. Ending their posts with :yoshi:
2. Always being in the thread at different times

Maybe I'm imagining things, guess that's the price to pay for needing 4 more districts worth of tributes. Unless I find districts beyond these boards...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Is it odd I think @Tira and Zinith Zinith are the same person because of two reasons?
1. Ending their posts with :yoshi:
2. Always being in the thread at different times

Maybe I'm imagining things, guess that's the price to pay for needing 4 more districts worth of tributes. Unless I find districts beyond these boards...
What she ends her posts frequently changes. I've seen her use :kirby: before.

:yoshi:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Am I the only one who thinks Fighter 5 will be revealed on Ultimate's anniversary in a Livestream/Direct?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well I'd imagine that chaos is a safe bet.

Yeah, let's go with chaos.
I don't know - I can't imagine too many people would be happy if these were the second playable Sonic character in Smash.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know - I can't imagine too many people would be happy if these were the second playable Sonic character in Smash.
Final Smash is having Omochao talk the others to death with tips as the other three Chao beat the living daylights out of them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** it.

Throwing in the risk given the Mii leak is confirmed fake but I'm predicting Doom Slayer revealed at the VGA.
Even if that costume leak is fake, I still think a Geno-DoomSlayer double reveal would be incredibly cool and smart.

I predict Carmen Sandiego gets added to Smash.
She started as a gaming character... so she counts..... god, you said it as a joke but I unironically want her now. This is exactly like what happened with Frogger.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Tributes still being accepted.

Get them in before they're gone. Otherwise I will call upon KSZ to take-up the last four districts.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Quick update for you, in terms of leaker "rules". I haven't really mentioned this, but why not with Sabi acting like they're hot ****.

Your typical leaker, when it comes to Smash, doesn't actually know which character is in until, like, 2-3 days before the reveal. That's how it worked for , Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Banjo, and Terry.

Smash Ultimate was all over the place. The point stands, however. In most cases, the leakers don't know who it is. I wouldn't buy Sabi knowing who it is at this point. It isn't to say Sabi is claiming that, but until we're far closed to the VGAs, we may not know.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quick update for you, in terms of leaker "rules". I haven't really mentioned this, but why not with Sabi acting like they're hot ****.

Your typical leaker, when it comes to Smash, doesn't actually know which character is in until, like, 2-3 days before the reveal. That's how it worked for , Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Banjo, and Terry.

Smash Ultimate was all over the place. The point stands, however. In most cases, the leakers don't know who it is. I wouldn't buy Sabi knowing who it is at this point. It isn't to say Sabi is claiming that, but until we're far closed to the VGAs, we may not know.
Easy, I think Sabi is riding off the method Verge used during prerelease.

Also, I feel had SNK not leaked, Terry would've been completely surprising.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

You said typical. Not defending Sabi or anything, but maybe Sabi isn't that much of a typical leaker? Just saying.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You said typical. Not defending Sabi or anything, but maybe Sabi isn't that much of a typical leaker? Just saying.
Nah, they’re narcissistic and base their persona on being a leaker. I know people who know Sabi, and it’s pretty clear he’s full of crap most of the time.

He probably has a source of some sort, but they shouldn’t be relied upon until we get closer to an actual reveal.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah, they’re narcissistic and base their persona on being a leaker. I know people who know Sabi, and it’s pretty clear he’s full of crap most of the time.

He probably has a source of some sort, but they shouldn’t be relied upon until we get closer to an actual reveal.
I thought so.

Sabi said something about neither Crash and Ryu H. not being the next fighter. You think it is possible they are full of crap about that, too?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I thought so.

Sabi said something about neither Crash and Ryu H. not being the next fighter. You think it is possible they are full of crap about that, too?
I can't speak for Sabi's word, but Verge did say Hayabusa wasn't 5.
He didn't rule him out of being post pass DLC however.

D

Deleted member

Alright so for HG, here's what I got so far:
12 full Districts. (note: I know @Bakugan2556 sent me a district idea, but I'm already using 2 of his ideas (specifically Zuan and all of those names I don't know.) That alone is 2 districts.)
Only 24 more tributes before we begin
Well, If I may add: Those 9 monsters once saved the ****ing worlds!(except for the 9th, he doesn't count because plot reasons)

Show some respect! (/s, if you couldn't tell)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I thought so.

The way I see it, Sabi very likely has a source that actually has connections. However, that source is not leakign information constantly. As in, Sabi will try to get people to pay attention to them and act like they have information when they really don't.

Does Sabi have a source? I imagine yes, to some extent. I would not be surprised if it turns out Crash and Hayabusa aren't the final fighter. In general, though? Sabi wants attention and will peddle stuff just to get it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, If I may add: Those 9 monsters once saved the ****ing worlds!(except for the 9th, he doesn't count because plot reasons)

Show some respect! (/s, if you couldn't tell)
Note: Only 8 of them show up in the games. The last was caught cheating and executed before the games began. Then a certain Skeleton came in...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Didn’t insiders know characters weeks or a month or two before reveals during basegame speculation?

Sabi’s main Nintendo source is a brand ambassador at NoA. He’s given the source’s identity info to some other users and they’ve met him over discord or something. Sabi seems to have other sources as well now, though, perhaps people coming to him with info or his Nintendo source introduced him, idk.

Though I don’t really like taking info from Sabi anymore tbh, but if there’s info going around, especially if it’s character-related, wynaut?

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't speak for Sabi's word, but Verge did say Hayabusa wasn't 5.
He didn't rule him out of being post pass DLC however.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

The way I see it, Sabi very likely has a source that actually has connections. However, that source is not leakign information constantly. As in, Sabi will try to get people to pay attention to them and act like they have information when they really don't.

Does Sabi have a source? I imagine yes, to some extent. I would not be surprised if it turns out Crash and Hayabusa aren't the final fighter. In general, though? Sabi wants attention and will peddle stuff just to get it.
I can imagine. I keep hearing bad things about Sabi. Are you surprised those in the Geno thread believe or listen to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom