• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Pokemon always associates psychic type with the moon. Same with unicorns.

It's not that complicated.
In addition to the already mentioned Moonblast, there's also Clefairy. And Nidoking/-queen, (as well as Wigglytuff to a smaller extend) who are based on rabbits and are gotten via Moon Stone, referencing the old Japanese tale of moon rabbits. Also the healing move Moonlight, which wasn't even Psychic-type when introduced.

While stuff like Lunala and Lunatone are Psychic-type, saying "always" is flat out wrong. If anything GF is kinda indecisive. So in your words "it's not that complicated".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not everything has to be smash related.
It’s an interesting phenomenon isn’t it. Because Smash could, conceivably, link to any and all game series on the market, we like to assume that anything and everything relates to Smash and it’s upcoming characters.

I really wish Sakurai and the team at Nintendo realized how much the fan base was into speculation and released official hints and clues to narrow it down. These clues could be delightfully Infuriating. Remember, these were the people who asked Retro Studios “what if Samus had a Bugs head?” When they wanted them to implement the scan visor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Basically with the moon, it's heavily associated with the Fairy type due to all of the mythological connections between the fairfolk and the moon.

The exception is when it's used not in a mythical context, but a cosmic one. Psychic has always been the catch-all Cosmic type. This helps explain Solgaleo and Lunala, as well as Solrock and Lunatone, as they're all Psychic types to match each other. This is because the sun doesn't have the fairy connection that the moon does. The Moon is a Fairy entity, but the combination of the Sun AND the Moon is a cosmic one. As such, Lunatone and Lunala are Psychic instead of Fairy.

The only one that goes against this is Cresselia, but not only was Cresselia added before Fairy was a thing, but dreams are another thing associated with the Psychic type, so Psychic still makes sense.

Beyond those fringe cases though, Fairy is absolutely the moon type.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still wish his FS changed if chrom was in the game. Even if it was to just a different colored chrom.
Chrom using resources that already existed in Robin's Final Smash is the main reason he was feasible in the first place.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still wish his FS changed if chrom was in the game. Even if it was to just a different colored chrom.
I’ve seen people suggest Morgan of the opposite gender of the Robin you’re playing, but that would be a lot of work. Tharja has a problematic design (why her 4 trophy was removed), other Shepherds wouldn’t have the same oomph, and Grima would be WAY out of character

back to Shulk’s new FS for a second - the fact they added Fiora is a bit strange since Chain Attacks are between three party members in Xenoblade 1, not 4. Only Xenoblade game to have 4 party members so far is X.

unless...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ve seen people suggest Morgan of the opposite gender of the Robin you’re playing, but that would be a lot of work. Tharja has a problematic design (why her 4 trophy was removed), other Shepherds wouldn’t have the same oomph, and Grima would be WAY out of character

back to Shulk’s new FS for a second - the fact they added Fiora is a bit strange since Chain Attacks are between three party members in Xenoblade 1, not 4. Only Xenoblade game to have 4 party members so far is X.

unless...
Looking into Morgan, that would probably be the best pick.

And sure, it would be a lot of work. But it sure would be nice wouldn’t it?

D

Deleted member

The exception is when it's used not in a mythical context, but a cosmic one. Psychic has always been the catch-all Cosmic type. This helps explain Solgaleo and Lunala, as well as Solrock and Lunatone, as they're all Psychic types to match each other. This is because the sun doesn't have the fairy connection that the moon does. The Moon is a Fairy entity, but the combination of the Sun AND the Moon is a cosmic one. As such, Lunatone and Lunala are Psychic instead of Fairy.
You know, I never really gave it much thought before, but that sounds like a pretty good explaination. That's also being supported by the move Cosmic Power, which is Psychic, while moves based on the moon itself (Moonblast, Moonlight) are Fairy. You know, I always cross reference with the Japanese names, but all of that adds up, as Cosmic Power is "Cosmo Power" and Moonblast and -light are "Moonforce" and "Moonlight" respectively. You know, just making sure the translations don't mess up too much (see Splash).

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Has anyone gotten past level 235 in Dr. Mario World...correction, has anyone come close to beating level 235 in Dr. Mario World? I have been on that damn level for 3 weeks and used up all my powers up and coins, and STILL CAN NOT BEAT IT. Once you get to level 235, it's a dead end, you can not and will not go any further, the game will not allow it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

unless...
They really should've replaced Riki with Fiora to keep his Chain Attack accurate to the original game.
Or randomize each party member so everyone can be represented

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I saw a post on r/pokemon once where someone had made a pallet swap of the zigzagoon model and put some animations on it

Everyone was saying stuff like "better than gamefreak!" "More effort than they ever put in!", etc stuff like that

Then the creator comes in a few hours later and says he literally just took the animations from XY and only did the pallet swap

That's my favorite r/pokemon post

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai adding Fiora to Shulk's final smash and completely getting what Chain Attacks are wrong was the worst sin on the planet in the sake of fanservice.

At this point you should've just included everyone.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I saw a post on r/pokemon once where someone had made a pallet swap of the zigzagoon model and put some animations on it

Everyone was saying stuff like "better than gamefreak!" "More effort than they ever put in!", etc stuff like that

Then the creator comes in a few hours later and says he literally just took the animations from XY and only did the pallet swap

That's my favorite r/pokemon post
It's hilarious to me that they basically just complimented animations they claim to not like. Seems like they'll be willing to approve of anything that isn't Gamefreak.

D

Deleted member

So, I found out that this year's SAGE had Dream Crafter, which is pretty much a Kirby Maker. Haven't tried it out because I'm honestly not too invested in Kirby, but I know quite a few of you guys are.
Link

D

Deleted member

When you realize that because of Pac-Man, a Yu-gi-oh character could be possible:
But in all seriousness, before everyone gets all pissy because "hur dur anime" I want to make it clear I'm NOT REFERRING TO THE ANIME CHARACTERS. If anything, I think that individual "ace monsters" such as E-Hero Neos, Dark Magician, etc are more likely over anime characters.
Be creative! Maybe have it be Pokemon Trainer style, with multiple monsters(and using Duel Links OCs in place of Pokemon Trainer, because they exist) being used with unique movesets(and unique FS's for each)

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Go for Sirfetch'd. If you choose Ponyta, then you won't get to experience Sirfertch'd's amazing, **** eating grin.
I’ll just do what I did when I found out Alolan Vuloix was a Sun exclusive. Trade for one, breed so the egg has my OT, and put it on my team.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
How the hell am I supposed to choose between Sword for Sirfetch’d or Shield for Ponyta?

Jeez...
Wait...the new Ponyta is exclusive to Shield?

Wow, I guess I finally found my reason to justify picking up that version over Sword after all!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When you realize that because of Pac-Man, a Yu-gi-oh character could be possible:
But in all seriousness, before everyone gets all pissy because "hur dur anime" I want to make it clear I'm NOT REFERRING TO THE ANIME CHARACTERS. If anything, I think that individual "ace monsters" such as E-Hero Neos, Dark Magician, etc are more likely over anime characters.
Be creative! Maybe have it be Pokemon Trainer style, with multiple monsters(and using Duel Links OCs in place of Pokemon Trainer, because they exist) being used with unique movesets(and unique FS's for each)
Didn’t the franchise start as a manga?

D

Deleted member

Didn’t the franchise start as a manga?
As a whole, yes. As a card game...... I'm pretty sure the manga did it first, but the manga is a shell of it's former self now(hell, the manga comes AFTER the anime now)

And even then, there are lots of cards that didn't appear in the anime(or manga) that could be used.

There's the whole World Legacy plotline(with like 5 different archetypes attached to that piece of lore)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Can't believe some of you guys are still debating on which version to buy.

I made my decision after the very first version exclusive Pokemon was announced.

31eaa898968aaf9906fe615fdea7aee9.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As a whole, yes. As a card game...... I'm pretty sure the manga did it first, but the manga is a shell of it's former self now(hell, the manga comes AFTER the anime now)

And even then, there are lots of cards that didn't appear in the anime(or manga) that could be used.

There's the whole World Legacy plotline(with like 5 different archetypes attached to that piece of lore)
That may be true. But that means that the recognizable characters probably originated from the manga, no?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm getting Sword just for Sirfetch'd, though. Or more accurately...
1570639255174.png

I'm getting Sword for his lovely, smug face.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You ever have those mornings where you wake up and feel like you were hit by a truck?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
New Sakurai Column incoming. Push and Nokolac are translating.
The first half from PushDustin.

The second half from Nokoloc. inb4 Atelier rep

D

Deleted member

That may be true. But that means that the recognizable characters probably originated from the manga, no?
hmmm. Debatable honestly.
Course, most people will know who Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes White Dragon are, but there are lots of recognizable cards that aren't associated with either, for example, these guys:
1570639391424.png

(if you seriously can't even guess this archetypes name correctly, than idk what's wrong with you lmao)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm getting Sword just for Sirfetch'd, though. Or more accurately...
View attachment 241430
I'm getting Sword for his lovely, smug face.
I don't know if I'll be getting the game myself (at least not for a while), but if I did, I'd have to get Sword.

Why?
It has Sirfetch'd. That is all.
Can't believe some of you guys are still debating on which version to buy.

I made my decision after the very first version exclusive Pokemon was announced.

...Yeah, who am I kidding?

I'm still a Sword boi.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I’m still getting Sword. Sirfetch’d is just too good. I’ll trade for Ponyta and make an egg so it’ll actually listen to me.

I just hope the day care isn’t too late in game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom