• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Who else is gonna buy the full Ultimate banner and frame it in their room once the last 2 DLC characters are revealed?

unless season 2 gets announced
If they end up selling it, I definitely will. The art is simply fantastic, and it works well for Ultimate.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, I sometimes wish I wasn't known as the F4 guy here.

While it is true that I deeply enjoy the First Family, I honestly love Crash, Metroid, Godzilla and Dragon Quest as much as them. And I wish to some extent that I was also known for those.

I sadly also fear that the title does make people remember my dark ages here.
Remember when I was the Alice Guy? Or the Malos guy?

Yeah, me neither.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who else is gonna buy the full Ultimate banner and frame it in their room once the last 2 DLC characters are revealed?

unless season 2 gets announced
There could even just be more individual dlc if we don’t get a second pass

D

Deleted member

I currently use Mysterio since he is my favourite Spidey character, they did him justice in Far From Home and Far From Home is for me the best MCU movie due to how it kinda reflects my experience from the months before June and how I dealt with them.

Those are the reasons why Mysterio is currently my avatar.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I never realized that it has the Operation Meatier logo. That's great.
Midna is out there wearin' OPMeat merch before it even existed.
Pft, we existed. Just no one cared. :laugh:

I think when I made that icon we were sitting just under 1000 subscribers.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
With Pokemon, I care more that it’s fun than pretty much anything else. Every Pokémon game i’ve played has been fun.

Once the game is out, nobody is going to care about Tail Whip looking the way it always has, as a move nobody uses once they can unlearn it. Animations are a complete and utter nitpick.

Does anybody really want Game Freak to spend countless hours reanimating Pokémon to do more poses and have unique idle animations? It’s never bothered me in the slightest because the gameplay of the series is what has always drawn me in.

Unless of course, you want more Pokémon scrapped just for more animations.

I never played Battle Revolution, but it’s not a full Pokémon game like X/Y, or Sword and Shield will be. Right now it’s the cool thing to do for people on Twitter and Social Media to nitpick the game, at least that’s the way i’m taking it, or at least cherry picking.

By no means does Sword and Shield look like a “perfect” Pokémon game.

Reusing animations like the ones they’re using is working smarter, not harder, something that I myself have been taught to do since I was a teenager. You don’t do things just to do them when you’re understaffed and already have a massive workload, with plenty of deadlines to meet.

I don’t know, maybe the complaining has just kinda gotten old to me. It would be different if the complaints were important to the success of the game or would change things drastically, but pretty much everything except for the National Dex is a nitpick.
I know the conversation has largely moved on from this point, but I do take some issue with how you're framing the situation. Like I get being tired of people complaining about Sword and Shield and all of the drama that has come with it, but it's not really nitpicking if the animations are the stated reason for cut Pokemon. People wouldn't be nearly as inclined to care about the state of Sw/Sh's graphics and animations if Game Freak didn't intentionally highlight and call of the attention to them for giving them as a reason for the cuts. Of course people are going to become laser-focused on them and be extremely critical of them in that scenario. Especially when things like Double Kick and Tail Whip do still look laughably awful 6 years after those animations debuted in XY. And that's the other issue. It's not just that the animations aren't better, it's that they're the same ones the 3DS used years ago with no major tweaks or upgrades. If you're going to claim, like Game Freak has, that cutting Pokemon was for the quality of the rest of the game, and then people do not see significant enough quality improvements in other places, that's within their right to express negative opinions and it has gone well beyond nitpicking.

The whole work smarter, not harder argument is emblematic of the issues too. Understaffed, massive workload, and deadlines? Those are all things The Pokemon Company could have worked to make less of a problem. Game Freak needs more staff members at this point if they're going to work on multiple projects and there should have been enough foresight in upper management to understand that a transition to a full game on Switch might need more time. It's too late to change all of that now of course, but there were decisions made years ago and issues identified and left unresolved throughout development that can easily be laid at the feet of management. When a franchise makes as much as Pokemon, yes there are lots of expectations on stock performance and such, but it's also incredibly capable of taking a hit or two and recovering just fine. The point is that management shouldn't have had to put Game Freak in a situation where they had to "work smarter" to meet the clearly harsh deadline and development duties. And sometimes, hard work is just required honestly. To make something you're really proud of and impresses other people, you just have to put in the work. You can optimize to a certain and great degree, but there's no real substitute for effort and hard work on big projects. And there's less of an excuse for it when you develop one of the most profitable entertainment brands in the world.

I don't hate Pokemon Sword and Shield at all. I think the games have issues, but generally look like fun experiences that will be pretty standard Pokemon fare. Nothing wrong with that and anyone who enjoys it (probably myself included come November). But I think there's an extremely valid line of criticism that can be pushed at The Pokemon Company and Game Freak and you're devaluing it a bit too much. People don't want to be told they can't enjoy the game if they genuinely like Sw/Sh, but we also can't have an opposite reaction of anti - anti- Sw/Sh where we reduce some valid criticisms and years of built-up frustration with Game Freak. As I've said before, Sw/Sh is just the tipping point more than anything, and while that's not entirely fair to the games themselves, it's the reality of Game Freak's decision making.

And I don't blame the individual developers at Game Freak for the problems, but I do think Game Freak management deserves the brunt of these frustrations.

D

Deleted member

Jokes aside, I personally enjoy FNAF, but it for sure has some big ‘ol flaws. What’s good, though, is that the creator realizes that and tries his best to fix them.

It’s good meme material, though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sometimes I'm not sure if y'all know me as the Corrin Guy, Min Min Guy, or Rhythm Heaven Guy

I take on so many gimmicks at once that it sometimes feels like I have an identity crisis

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dang I got to get myself a gimmick, kind of feel like my online identity is pretty shapeless here.
Take your time my friend, I certainly didn't got my Eggposting gimmick from the start, it come naturally to you.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was recording some lines for a video game character (The one in my PFP) and I had to record a line of a cartoony scream. The first take I did was denied because "It sounded like the character was dying." That is by far the best comment I have received on one of my voice over performances. I don't have the original audio file, sadly. I think the dev might have it.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I'm not sure if y'all know me as the Corrin Guy, Min Min Guy, or Rhythm Heaven Guy

I take on so many gimmicks at once that it sometimes feels like I have an identity crisis
I know you as all three of them.

Also as the person of the cookies video.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Imagine having your identity hinge on a single aspect of yourself. You won't be catching me relying on a gimmick, no sir.

Anyway, y'all should play Dragon Quest.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
No, it's a consumable item.
Fading Jenny
The orb hunt is kinda weird in that there's no defined order in what you do, so you might have to look around for the town with it.
So I have to risk going to states that you need to be in the future in order to get the item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom