• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Either unless or especially if something violent happens sometime during the week. With the fanbase in such a fever-high warfare, I can't stop thinking about the possibility of something like that passing through.

Hey, if anybody's reading this and are gonna stop by Nintendo NY or any game retailers this weekend, be sure to stay safe, okay?
I don't think anyone is going to do any major popping off over pokemon.

D

Deleted member

I was today years old when I found out that the launch event of SwSh has been cancelled in Tokyo. If this keeps up in the West, dear God.

Shroob

Sup?
Damn, the model controversy broke the camel's back. Now even Arlo is in support of protesting SwSd. You don't ****ing lie to your consumers.

You know you ****ed up when the blue Muppet is disappointed. Don't make the Muppet sad.

"You can't future proof models!"

Dataminers, "Here's how you're wrong."

Masuda, "Wait, what do you mean people can datamine the Switch?"

Shroob

Sup?
the what now
Dataminers pulled the models out of SwSd.

Aside from a small handful, most of them have the exact same tri count as their SuMo counterparts, meaning they're the same models.

Some have LESS tris somehow as well, meaning some returning models have less quality than in SuMo

D

Deleted member

Noipoi has a message for you all that he wanted me to deliver.

“I wish my life was as consistent as the yearly Hess Car commercials.”

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Joel uploaded the VOD of the game you voiced!

I helped out a little with this game, and gotta say, it has been amazing. I’m glad to know I contributed something, even if it is just a little!

Also, WHO MADE THAT STICKY MODEL. I NEED IT. I NEED TO ANIMATE THAT.

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't get their logic.

Is it just Masuda being an idiot?

Surely, SURELY someone must have known that someone would datamine the game and compare the models.

You can't lie so openly like that and NOT expect to get caught, it's ridiculous.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait, Pokemon lied about the models? What’s up?
Dataminers pulled the models out of SwSd.

Aside from a small handful, most of them have the exact same tri count as their SuMo counterparts, meaning they're the same models.

Some have LESS tris somehow as well, meaning some returning models have less quality than in SuMo
Asking is one thing, but asking when someone else already asked and got the answer just makes me feel guilty for asking first because how do you miss this?

Shroob

Sup?
But the short end of it is

Unless they remade over 300 Pokemon to look EXACTLY like their Sun and Moon models despite them ragging on how their models are "futureproofed"

They're just Sun and Moons models.

Some got touch ups like Noibats, but otherwise, they're the same damn models unless Gamefreak pulled a galaxy brain and remade them to be identical as the prior games models instead of just, ya know, importing them.

D

Deleted member

Ohayo gozaimasu, kids! Here are two lovely sights on Twitter I found that you might like...if you want:
Check this out, you guys! Someone did a nice drawing of :ult_terry: and the other KoF characters, even Mai Shiranui.
Fan art of my girl :ultpeach:. Y'all should of known it was coming.

Sayonara :shyguy:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But the short end of it is

Unless they remade over 300 Pokemon to look EXACTLY like their Sun and Moon models despite them ragging on how their models are "futureproofed"

They're just Sun and Moons models.

Some got touch ups like Noibats, but otherwise, they're the same damn models unless Gamefreak pulled a galaxy brain and remade them to be identical as the prior games models instead of just, ya know, importing them.
didnt the model importer crash and burn

D

Deleted member

Ohayo gozaimasu, kids! Here are two lovely sights on Twitter I found that you might like...if you want:
Check this out, you guys! Someone did a nice drawing of :ult_terry: and the other KoF characters, even Mai Shiranui.
Fan art of my girl :ultpeach:. Y'all should of known it was coming.

Sayonara:shyguy:
My girl Athena looking great in the first art!

Shroob

Sup?
didnt the model importer crash and burn
I mean, I dont believe that reddit post tbh. What's their proof? Some Discord screenshots that can be easily doctored?

I'm all for dumping on Gamefreak right now, but I want it backed up with hard evidence, like these models.

D

Deleted member

Asking is one thing, but asking when someone else already asked and got the answer just makes me feel guilty for asking first because how do you miss this?
Of course I read that post. I had always assumed they were the Sun and Moon models. I didn’t know that Gamefreak said they were new models, however.

Shroob

Sup?
Of course I read that post. I had always assumed they were the Sun and Moon models. I didn’t know that Gamefreak said they were new models, however.
Yup, "We're making the models from the ground up, so not all Pokemon will return" or something very close to that is what Masuda said either at E3 or the Famitsu that came post E3.

Soo many people tried to defend these saying they were new models.

Now we have hard evidence that they're not.

D

Deleted member

Yup, "We're making the models from the ground up, so not all Pokemon will return" or something very close to that is what Masuda said either at E3 or the Famitsu that came post E3.

Soo many people tried to defend these saying they were new models.

Now we have hard evidence that they're not.
Yeah, I never knew they said that.

So.... How am I expected to know that if that wasn’t included in Shroob’s original post? I don’t follow everything Gamefreak says, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Everytime I hear the words “hard” and “evidence” together, I think of Ralphthemoviemaker’s video on ghost shows.

D

Deleted member

My sleep schedule is ****ed, jc.

I fall asleep around 4/5am and wake up around 12am/1pm

I seriously need to do something about that.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I love how my weather app said “chance of snow” yesterday but today it says “chance of rain”...even though it’s much cooler today than it was yesterday.

I just wanna build a snowman. :c

D

Deleted member

I love how my weather app said “chance of snow” yesterday but today it says “chance of rain”...even though it’s much cooler today than it was yesterday.

I just wanna build a snowman. :c
You would hate to live where I am then.

It never snows here :(

D

Deleted member

My sleep schedule is ****ed, jc.

I fall asleep around 4/5am and wake up around 12am/1pm

I seriously need to do something about that.
Go to school, that'll fix up your sleep schedule all right ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
if anyone you know wanted and still likes the game,nyou can gift it to them for Christmas
Yeah, I don't know anyone who's still into Pokemon if it isn't the one available on their phones.

**** I'll just play the damn game for myself and form my own opinion. It can't be THAT bad...

D

Deleted member

Damn, the model controversy broke the camel's back. Now even Arlo is in support of protesting SwSd. You don't ****ing lie to your consumers.

You know you ****ed up when the blue Muppet is disappointed. Don't make the Muppet sad.

"You can't future proof models!"

Dataminers, "Here's how you're wrong."

Masuda, "Wait, what do you mean people can datamine the Switch?"
Sauce Source for where Arlo said he's in support of protesting SWSD?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I don't know anyone who's still into Pokemon if it isn't the one available on their phones.

**** I'll just play the damn game for myself and form my own opinion. It can't be THAT bad...
Yeah, go ahead!
I want to hear the details of how bad it is, honestly. Can you tag me if you make a "how I felt about SS" post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom