• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd hate to make another FE comparison, but Fire Emblem: Fates was extremely controversial and still did extremely well. SerenesForest and other such FE communities were full cynics who were certain FE would never receive an improvement in its story/writing/tone as long as IS was making bank off the new titles. It wasn't just unlikely to a lot of them - it was an impossibility.

I'd like to think it's at least possible that TPC and GF noticed all the backlash and are going to reconsider how they approach the development of future games.

Or maybe I'm just stupid and naive. I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm sick of all the negativity in every freaking video game community I ever join.
I wouldn't call that naive. We've seen how backlash caused games to improve or their sequels improve on their faults. Again, RE6 to RE7 is drastically different. Mega Man X7 was a clunky slow slog of a game with wonky 3D and Auto aiming that practically made your characters(Especially Mega Man X)over powered. While Mega Man X8 improved nearly everything by returning to its roots, added more depth to the tag team system.

KOF 14 was memed on for having PS1 cutscene Andy, and proceeded to improve the visuals more and more overtime. And now they've been doing even better with SamSho. Tekken 4 added uneven terrain/ceilings to stages, which was hated, but they kept the walls, allowing for a proper mix of Tekken 3 and Tekken 4 stage mechanics in Tekken 5.

I get that Pokemon is a whole new ballpark, as there's more riding on Pokemon than there is KOF and Mega Man X, who don't have to have their games tie in with an anime series. But to say they can't take feed back and make improvements is probably a little too much on the pessimistic side. I still feel like 60% of the Pokemon missing is stupid. But if they can soften the blow in later games, that'd be cool. ****, there's Pokemon I wouldn't exactly miss if they were gone for good, like Klefki or Finneon, but chances are somebody likes those too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This person, let's just call them D...

Basically, he's ghosted me again and later told me the reason for this is because I'm not one of his sexual partners (yes, partners, he's poly) and thusly I'm not worth talking to.
He said this the day after he said I'm like a sister to him... He's constantly flipping back and forth between affectionate and caring and then cold and rude, telling me to essentially, shut up and get lost.
All of this under the excuse that he's an introvert and he's "getting more than the daily recommended amount of social interaction for one."
It sucks when people you thought were your friends do this stuff to you. At this point, the thing to do is cut him out and save yourself the strife.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Klefki is amazing. I don't really have an attachment beyond loving the memes of a jangling keychain slaying dragons but still.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This person, let's just call them D...

Basically, he's ghosted me again and later told me the reason for this is because I'm not one of his sexual partners (yes, partners, he's poly) and thusly I'm not worth talking to.
He said this the day after he said I'm like a sister to him... He's constantly flipping back and forth between affectionate and caring and then cold and rude, telling me to essentially, shut up and get lost.
All of this under the excuse that he's an introvert and he's "getting more than the daily recommended amount of social interaction for one."
Might be a bit much for a topic here. GHowever if they are acting that bi polar towards you and seemingly only want to talk to you when it’s convenient, it’s probably best to break contact and move on. I’ve had similar people who act like that towards me before and it’s best to just cut them loose. Maybe they will learn their lesson and realize they were being a bad friend/person and apologize; if not there’s always better friends you can find. It might be tough to do that, but in the end I find that it’s personally worth it for your own health, safety, and life in general.
Regardless if your choice, is sorry they are being such an ass. Hopefully things can get better.

I don't want to do that, because he's helped me a lot with growing as a person with my transition. But... I just... I don't know.
This is a fair thing to consider. However if they are acting that way staying a little distant might help them figure things out.

But a sad reality is that people change and it’s not always for the better.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Might be a bit much for a topic here. GHowever if they are acting that bi polar towards you and seemingly only want to talk to you when it’s convenient, it’s probably best to break contact and move on. I’ve had similar people who act like that towards me before and it’s best to just cut them loose. Maybe they will learn their lesson and realize they were being a bad friend/person and apologize; if not there’s always better friends you can find. It might be tough to do that, but in the end I find that it’s personally worth it for your own health, safety, and life in general.
Regardless if your choice, is sorry they are being such an ass. Hopefully things can get better.

This is a fair thing to consider. However if they are acting that way staying a little distant might help them figure things out.

But a sad reality is that people change and it’s not always for the better.
...I don't have many other places to go with this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't want to do that, because he's helped me a lot with growing as a person with my transition. But... I just... I don't know.
Not to play therapist or anything, but just because someone helped you grow for a while doesn't mean you own them all your time and energy. Sometimes people grow distant from one another. And if someone's stringing you along, you don't have to take that from them.

But enough about personal stuff, let's go back to ****posting about pop-culture and video games.

There's this article that had Kojima blaming the west's obsession of FPS's for the lukewarm reception of Death Stranding. However many of the best reviewed games this last year were RPGs like Fire Emblem, Hack N'Slash like DMC5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Tetris and Final Fantasy 14. So there's a clear variety of genres being in the public's eye and getting praise. Had the complaint been strictly games of a violent nature, then this statement would seem a little more valid. But maybe the translation was wonky. As it stands, it sounds pretty passive aggressive from him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...I don't have many other places to go with this.
i don’t have any issue in discussing, I just bought it up in case mods stepped but honestly it’s too late right now for them and they are probably sleeping. The topic isn’t in that bad so it should be fine.

Regardless I hope my points helped and you can find a good solution.

But side note I should get back to trying to sleep.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This I did not know. Well, it is a good thing I did not use them as the training dummy, then. :shyguy:
Yeah, I just found out about it yesterday.

I played one of them online as Terry a couple of days ago. Just so happens that was the only match where I wasn't constantly fishing for Buster Wolf as a finisher, so I really dodged a bullet on that one lol.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So I know this is long past, but I couldn’t help myself so here’s the roster so far for a “Disney Afternoon” Smash game:
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Donald Duck
  • Hewey, Dewey and Louie
  • Webby Vanderquack
  • Launchpad McQuack
  • Gizmoduck
  • Magica DeSpell
  • Don Karnage
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Megavolt
  • Negaduck
  • Goofy
  • Max Goof
  • Goliath
  • Demona
  • TJ Deweiller
  • Kim Possible
  • Ron Stoppable
  • Shego
  • Monkey Fist
  • Dave the Barbarian
  • Fang
  • Jake Long
  • Huntsgirl
  • Phineas & Ferb
  • Agent P
  • Dr. Doofenshmirtz
  • Vanessa
  • Kick Buttowski
  • Dipper & Mabel Pines
  • Wendy Corduroy
  • Ford Pines
  • Bill Cipher
  • Randy Cunningham
  • Wander & Sylvia
  • Lord Hater
  • Lord Dominator
  • Star Butterfly
  • Marco Díaz
  • Tom
  • Milo Murphy
  • Eda
Some movie characters with TV shows
  • Aladdin
  • Hercules
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Stitch
  • Rapunzel
  • Baymax
Feel free to suggest any more characters.
Good roster, but you're forgetting someone. I'll give you a hint on who it is.

<----------------

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
So looking over their movepools and stats... Gen 8's legends are ****ing busted (more so Zacian). GF was insane when they wete designing these and the worst part is that unlike Mega Ray and others, their gimmick won't magically go away in upcoming gens so they're here to stay.

Also Cinderace has "Libero" which is basically Protean and a wide movepool full of STAB moves so I'm pretty happy it's probably the most competitively viable starter.

Also happy Blastoise apparently got buffed with Shell Break. And apparently Gyrados is really good with the whole gigantamax gimmick and new moves so that's always fun.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Non-abomination Sonic trailer came out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, that new Sonic trailer.

I think they kinda overdid with jokes, but still looks like a decently fun movie nonetheless. Glad they stressed how protective Sonic is for his friends, even when he has his own way.

I'll make sure to watch it, even if only to support people who worked extra to fix the design.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Kinda sucks to be saying this, but I don't think I'll be getting Sword/Shield anymore

The no National Dex thing wasn't as big for me as it was for others, as I mostly focus on the new mon each gen. And some of the quality of life adjustments to have emerged from the leaks are genuinely good (if long overdue) additions. But the justifications I kept on giving to myself were 'well as long as it has these more important bits in', but

the 'content' is the most important bit in Pokemon to me, but it sounds like the postgame is really barebones and there aren't a whole many new engaging features, which would just be removed regardless

I was on the fence about getting it, then decided to buy it when the new designs leaked, many of which I really like. But the recent gameplay leaks have swung me against it again. I think it's because I can't keep making justifications to myself; it's just one thing pilling on top of the other, and the end product just seems so unpolished.

I really didn't want to do this as I was really looking forward to a Pokemon game on the Switch, even if Gens 6 and 7 weren't the greatest, especially after seeing some of the great new designs. But while I doubt a boycott will leave much of a dent on sales at all, and things will continue as they are, I can't feel confident in implicitly supporting a system where TPC gets Game Freak to churn out titles in far too rapid a succession, denying them the time and polish they need.

Maybe I'll get SwSh down the line, but Ohmori's recent comments don't make me optimistic

To those getting the games, please enjoy them (and to those boycotting them, don't call people willing to buy them 'shills' pls) and enjoy playing with and against other people on SmashBoards

Still gonna keep the Natu/Xatu avatar for the rest of November until I get a more seasonal one for Christmas, cos Natu/Xatu is and forever will be based

D

Deleted member

It’s a huge improvement, but I just want to know how they fixed it so fast.

No way I could make a model and then re-animate a bunch of already established scenes that fast.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It’s a huge improvement, but I just want to know how they fixed it so fast.

No way I could make a model and then re-animate a bunch of already established scenes that fast.
Let's hope it's thanks to hiring new talent and not to working people overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom