• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't even have switch online so I think i'm safe from the brickening. Still what is it with dlc characters and screwing with the game?
Kinda reminds me of those moments Smashboards has server errors and denies people from posting pictures, lmao.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't even have switch online so I think i'm safe from the brickening. Still what is it with dlc characters and screwing with the game?
Bug testing is hard, especially with this many characters.

That's why I never get people seeing models of DLC fighters and thinking they are 99% done.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
!?

You, sir, are a god damn genius!

This is why we pay you the big bucks.
Yea, a genius, hahah...
Happy-Worried Malos.png

If only I got money out of those low ****post.

Also, I made those two images a long time ago, just so you know.

D

Deleted member

Between this and
a lot of moves getting cut
, I wonder if The Pokémon Company is part of the reason.

I still like how the games are lookin’, but this stuff is kinda concerning.
That's what I'm starting to think. Feels like there might be something more at work here than just incompitency and bad decisions.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m much less critical towards celebrity voice casting for an original movie than an adaptation of an existing IP, though I can be much less immersed with a character if I hear more of the actor than I do the character themselves. I’d prefer if the actor/actress puts in the effort to make the character sound more distinct rather than just straight up using their normal voice, but depending on the performance, I don’t mind if they do sound like their normal voice if it clicks with the character and feels natural. That said, I think I’ll wait to hear more of the Scoob cast in action before I make any judgments.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Saw the trailer for Scoob. Been looking forward to it since it was first announced.

Looks awesome. I'm used to the normal voice actors but I understand non-celebrity voice actors for theatrical releases have basically been killed off. They sound fine to me at least. That said, Velma's had so many voice actresses over the years she can be voiced by whoever for this film. I've also watched the first live action film a million times so Fred doesn't necessarily have to sound like Welker for me so I think Efron works here.

Interested to see the other HB characters implemented. Would have preffered a straight up Scooby film but there's a million of them thanks to straight-to-dvd releases.

D

Deleted member

Let’s pray to the stars that this group of badasses appear in the new movie:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sooooo

:ultpiranha: ate save data
:ultjoker: crashed the servers
:ulthero: was briefly banned from tourneys due to RNG I guess?
:ultbanjokazooie: was overshadowed by the Sans costume idk. I know that’s technically not a technical problem but still
:ult_terry: officially BRICKS SWITCHES IF YOU USE BUSTER WOLF ONLINE AGAINST ICE CLIMBERS (maybe more?) NOW.

wonder what FP5 will do...
You get thrown into the game itself. You're only escape is winning 10 online matches.

Y'all forget that pokemon leak and aren't caring about the true tragedy.

They actually cut moves like Return and Pursuit.

Outside of hazards, you can't punish switching anymore. And normal lost their best stab move short of double edge.
Strength, Stomp and Body Slam rejoice as they are now more useful.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Saw the trailer for Scoob. Been looking forward to it since it was first announced.

Looks awesome. I'm used to the normal voice actors but I understand non-celebrity voice actors for theatrical releases have basically been killed off. They sound fine to me at least. That said, Velma's had so many voice actresses over the years she can be voiced by whoever for this film. I've also watched the first live action film a million times so Fred doesn't necessarily have to sound like Welker for me so I think Efron works here.

Interested to see the other HB characters implemented. Would have preffered a straight up Scooby film but there's a million of them thanks to straight-to-dvd releases.
I also think it looks great and I can get behind most of the voice actors, but even if you take into account that most movies use Hollywood actors over traditional voice actors, Matthew Lillard was in Hollywood movies before ge voiced Shaggy.

It sucks, Lillard is an excellent Shaggy.

D

Deleted member

Lmao play the video I shared, go to the top of the page and look at DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu ’s signature while hearing the songs.

I did that accidentaly and I had a laugh.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Every time i see Scrappy Doo, it breaks my heart that the little guy won't return in a new Scooby Doo movie/show.
Sad.png

(Scrappy will still be my favourite with Scooby and Shaggy.)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I also think it looks great and I can get behind most of the voice actors, but even if you take into account that most movies use Hollywood actors over traditional voice actors, Matthew Lillard was in Hollywood movies before ge voiced Shaggy.

It sucks, Lillard is an excellent Shaggy.
That's a good point.

Maybe execs felt Lillard doesn't have the selling power anymore? Yet, Welker was kept as Scooby so it's not like they had to find a new voice for everyone.

Shroob

Sup?
Man

Seeing all these videos going crazy over speculating who character 5 could be reminds me why I love this part of Smash.

We all have no clue and are just trying our best to guess.

D

Deleted member

Lol whatever happened to Scrappy? I've heard people really don't like him for some reason.
He’s hated because he is associated with the fall of the franchise, was a key character in the first live action movie (which of course people disliked) and has gained meme ranks due to how much bad he did to the series.

Basically mix Adam Malkovich from Metroid Other M with Godzilla’s Revenge.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Didnt know that guy that designed Team Chaotix and Omega died 10 years ago

i wonder how long this hasnt been known

Shroob

Sup?
So, RE3make has been rumored to be in the works for awhile now.

If we do get a Resident Evil rep, and it has to be from this game:

Would you prefer Jill or Nemesis?

Jill obviously would get in first and foremost since protagonists easily always get in first.

But Nemesis would be an incredibly unique character while being incredibly iconic to the series.

Albeit, CERO may have issues with the amount of gore he has.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Jill obviously would get in first and foremost since protagonists easily always get in first.

But Nemesis would be an incredibly unique character while being incredibly iconic to the series.

Jill because hyper resource management sounds fun as ****, a character who's crazy good but if they struggle to land their good ****, they get weaker over time by having to stick to decent at best normals

D

Deleted member

Jill. I've played Nemesis in UMvC3, and he wasn't exactly good despite being a mutant with a rocket launcher.

Plus I'll always support Sakurai representing a game through a character's moveset versus choosing someone because they'd look cool. Jill would fulfill this over Nemesis.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not bad dude! It could use a bit of polish, I think there are a couple words that sound a bit hard to hear or you rushed saying, but it sounds good so far and I hope you continue on with it.
Thanks a lot! I'm naturally a kinda fast speaker, so that's probably why is sounds a bit rushed. It really sucks when I'm doing voice over though, since I don't really realize that I'm going fast.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Jill probably. But I still want Leon with Chris alt and Jill Echo with Claire alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom