• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also tis a good thing we don't live in the world of Marvel otherwise Canada would be the worst place to live in. Canadian government is evil as ****. Glad our real life government ain't like that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dope.

I'd like to visit Ontario one day. What sites would you recommend?
I'd definitely recommend Niagara Falls for sure. Clifton Hill notably and you'd have to definitely try their Beaver Tails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeaverTails

I recall too there's some polar bear sanctuary though I don't exactly remember the name.

Just to list a few.

D

Deleted member

I am extremely offended by this image and how true it is.

America is basically a human misery factory designed to make people want to spend more and more money trying to feel better.
Ain't no such thing as misery when Subway is in walking distance. ****ing love that ****.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'd definitely recommend Niagara Falls for sure. Clifton Hill notably and you'd have to definitely try their Beaver Tails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeaverTails

I recall too there's some polar bear sanctuary though I don't exactly remember the name.

Just to list a few.
I've been on the American side of Niagara! But not the Canadian side...which is apparently even better. RIP

Polar bear sanctuary? Ooo I'd love that.

I'd also love to visit Scotiabank Arena... cuz I'm a hockey nerd. :p

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So this next contest in Builders is Bridges. Hit me with all your bridge pictures
(Don't have Dragon Quest Builders btw.)
beipanjiang-bridge.jpg

Here's the Duge Bridge which is known to be the highest in the world. (very high boi)

Total Length: 1,340 m (4,400 ft)

Height: 269 m (883 ft)

Longest Span: 720 m (2,360 ft)

Clearance Below: 565 m (1,854 ft)

The eastern tower measures 269 m (883 ft) making it one of the tallest in the world.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah I was looking up more on Ontario's polar bear sanctuaries and found another one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pol...rk&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Also I wouldn't recommend ever living in Toronto but is definitely worth the trip. They've got an amazing zoo there along with an aquarium with various kinds of aquatic live both freshwater and saltwater. There's also an hockey museum there at the local mall.

Just a few other things to suggest.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
It was never stated that spirits will never be playable, and until it is, I'm not believing that spirits deconfirm. The Fighters' Pass characters didn't have spirits, but it's not like they would've had spirits if they weren't playable. Logically speaking, even if spirits deconfirmed for the base game, there's absolutely nothing stopping Sakurai from making characters like Bandana Waddle Dee or Geno playable now.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Forgot to mention it earlier, but I’m pretty excited about this recent Marvel Omnibus I snagged off eBay.

So, I’ve been working toward some Spider-Man and X-Men omnibuses over the last year or so, and some of them are...rare AND expensive. They aren’t all exactly easy to come by, and it’s even harder to get a deal.

The other day I stumbled upon an X-Men by Claremont and Lee Volume 2, brand new condition, signed by Claremont, with 5 mins remaining. I will withhold what I paid for it as to not make people uncomfortable, however you might take that.

The seconds ticked down, and I assumed that for such a product I would be soon out bid and utterly defeated with a devastating bid. Sure enough, I won it. Mind you, while I will not share what I paid, I will point out that this specific omnibus is quite rare, and I got it for just barely over HALF OF WHAT SOME FOLKS WERE ASKING.

I was, and still am, excited about the steal I got. A friend of mine, who is a hardcore Spider-Man collector (his collection is likely worth at least $100K) even complimented me on it.

Still feel like a beast.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ain't no such thing as misery when Subway is in walking distance. ****ing love that ****.

How can there be misery when we have Happy Meals?
Hollow fulfillment that makes you feel good for an instant before you go back to being miserable. And then you just keep eating until you’re out $40. All you got from that is $40 poorer and thousands of calories. We don’t try for long term solutions here because those aren’t consistently monetizable. We just sell thousands of short term solutions that make everything worse.
I really don't think I want to know why you think that.
Look up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So this next contest in Builders is Bridges. Hit me with all your bridge pictures
I got you

We don’t have it the worst. But we don’t have it good. And while yes, you should be thankful things aren’t worse, that doesn’t mean you should just accept bad circumstances and not try to make things different for yourself.
Of course. You should always strive to improve yourself and live to the fullest. Are you doing that? What is stopping you and what measures are you taking to improve your life?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It was never stated that spirits will never be playable, and until it is, I'm not believing that spirits deconfirm. The Fighters' Pass characters didn't have spirits, but it's not like they would've had spirits if they weren't playable. Logically speaking, even if spirits deconfirmed for the base game, there's absolutely nothing stopping Sakurai from making characters like Bandana Waddle Dee or Geno playable now.
Which is a good time to remind you all to support your favorite Super Fighting Robots!

Maverick Hunters XZA.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I got you

Of course. You should always strive to improve yourself and live to the fullest. Are you doing that? What is stopping you and what measures are you taking to improve your life?
I’m talking to professors. I’m going to a therapist. I’m trying to exercise and avoid gorging myself. I’m trying to schedule myself better and better manage my time.

College doesn’t exactly encourage those kinds of habits though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another great thing I love about my great country is the amount of wilderness it has notably its forests. Definitely for hiking and camping. B.C. and northern Canada notably.

People says we've explored all land. I can tell you now there's definitely parts in Northern Canada along with Alaska man probably hasn't even set foot. People really underestimates how much we've explored on land. That, the amazon rainforest, the Siberian wilderness, Congo jungle and Australian outback.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I’m talking to professors. I’m going to a therapist. I’m trying to exercise and avoid gorging myself. I’m trying to schedule myself better and better manage my time.

Crippling debt and working until you die doesn't encourage it either. Also, you better not get sick or else you can't pay rent :mybodyisreggie:

D

Deleted member

Hey uuuh Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones I know you're firmly on the side of Spirit Upgrades not happening but reading your comments on them have me thinking and wondering.. If we were to get Spirit upgrades who do you think would be upgraded?

I'm curious cause of you thinking we're not getting any so most of the time I see you talk about spirits is just you going over why you think we won't get any and I don't know if you've even talked about who you think would get upgraded if possible so who do you see getting upgraded if we do get upgrades?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe something inspired by the Bifrost Bridge in Norse Mythology? I know some DQ games have the Tree of Life, which is also from Norse Legend, so it would fit the franchise at least. If it's all high-tech, maybe it'll look kind of like Rainbow Road too.

1570584751215.png

D

Deleted member

College doesn't encourage these habits, but you continue with them anyways. You push yourself to do things to better your situation and overcome your challenges. That's very admirable of you and says a lot about your character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I also love the indigenous people's of Canada cultures and myths.

Notably the wendigo. Which according to legend is an spirit that'll possess those who resorts to cannibalism on sacred land.

And then there's also the legend of Nanabozho in Anishinaable beliefs who'd eventually become the Sleeping Giant which we see today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still doesn’t mean I don’t feel really bad and break down and cry Once a week.
That's justified. We all need to vent. Back in high school, I knew somebody where I just shouted **** that soured my day even if it would sound bad in any other context. Point is I getcha. Outside **** can sour your mood real fast and nobody should just keep it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom