• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
To be honest, I don't think you've done anything ban worthy.

If people come to you to look at your art, then that's on them.

It's not like you directly posted it on the thread.
I feel it would warrant a lock tho.

However, I still feel proud of that piece; 6 hours of honing skills and shapes on that.

At least now it will live in glorious infamy lmao

Love ya you bunch of thirsty nerds.

LetterO

Smash Lord
anyways i guess i just hate every character with a name starting with P besides pac-man

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Though if you legitimately want to discuss moveset ideas for him I’m down.
I don't know a lot, but I at least know that he should generate Pookas and Fygars with his Neutral B and they should be the ONLY THINGS DIG DUG CAN INFLATE!!! They'd have different utilities and their effectiveness depending on how inflated they are. But if he over inflates he loses his Pooka or Fygar...

D

Deleted member

On a serious note, yes, I prefer criticism to anything else that could be said to me. I am enamored with the concept of improving everything I do

But also, that was a picture I made in MS paint in 3 minutes
Ok then it ****ing sucks

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel it would warrant a lock tho.

However, I still feel proud of that piece; 6 hours of honing skills and shapes on that.

At least now it will live in glorious infamy lmao

Love ya you bunch of thirsty nerds.
If you really think you're going to get banned, I feel I should pass you my Skype Name or E-mail so we can continue talking.

Also, do something I should have done weeks ago.

D

Deleted member

I don't know a lot, but I at least know that he should generate Pookas and Fygars with his Neutral B and they should be the ONLY THINGS DIG DUG CAN INFLATE!!! They'd have different utilities and their effectiveness depending on how inflated they are. But if he over inflates he loses his Pooka or Fygar...
Ideal Dig Dug moveset imo would be him summoning Mr. Driller and Kissy from Baraduke for some attacks. Would represent that side of the character and more Namco series.

D

Deleted member

Gender is nature too. How much of it is nature and how much is culture has been and will always be up in the air. Whether you want to see it as part of how the brain develops or purely psychological doesn't really matter. Dysphoria exists and you dont need to look at the brain to know that, especially if someone's had it themselves. Like anything that has two sides, there's always a lot of possibilities, with a spectrum in between and including both.

Other genders have been around for a long time. There's other cultures that've known about them for a long time. It is subjective, but that doesn't mean it's not objective too. You project your own thoughts way too much on others. If you contindue to assume so much and hold them and act on them, including at the detriment of how others are and feel, dont be surprised if you turn away more people like what happened with this recent (ex)friend of yours.
No, it isn't nature. Animals don't have sense of gender that we do. They have gender roles so to speak, but that's more so sex roles. And we do need to look at the brain to see if there's actual dysphoria because one suggests that the best treatment would be to transition while the other would suggest that it's just a mental illness much like how it's classified when people think they're something they aren't. Yeah, there's cultures with more than one gender. But it's entirely made up of culture. Gender is more so a role than a state of being. Hence why they've existed in culture and now many are irrelevant to today's cultures without anyone to identify as them. And yet male and female is always prevalent, huh.... Almost like gender is a made up thing by culture aside from male and female.

And yeah, it's all fun and games to exclude people out of the circle. That's what I did alongside them. It's all fun and games until you slip up one day and they hate your guts and make sure to go out of their way that everyone knows what you said in a private conversation. And one day they're probably going to be out of that circle, if it isn't by them pissing someone off, then eventually the groups going to go out of relevance as the political landscape is always shifting now. I guarantee that within the next decade her and others are going to be left in the dust by people they think care about them personally rather than just caring for them because they pleasure them with the same political opinions.

I just don't want them attaching themselves to some dumb political trend where in 5-ten years later they look back on what they said and feel totally embarrassed. Especially on how her and others in this thread bully people into having the same political opinions as them. It happens weekly even not daily. And I know so many people that are tired of this kind of behavior, but few speak up about it. And for good reason, ironically enough, they don't want to get dogpiled by the majority. Which is ironic because I remember when I had to back that ex-friend up because they used to get singled out. Now I feel like **** because i feel like I spent my time defending someone who goes out of their way to bully people and virtue signal about their identity and how minorities are superior by virtue and how you can't question anything they do. But of course, if you (rightfully) pick apart the other side of the spectrum for the exact same behavior, that's okay. Just don't question our indoctrination over everyone's beliefs. If someone like Sonicfox goes around making an ass out of themselves they're a hero for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
No, it isn't nature. Animals don't have sense of gender that we do. They have gender roles so to speak, but that's more so sex roles. And we do need to look at the brain to see if there's actual dysphoria because one suggests that the best treatment would be to transition while the other would suggest that it's just a mental illness much like how it's classified when people think they're something they aren't. Yeah, there's cultures with more than one gender. But it's entirely made up of culture. Gender is more so a role than a state of being. Hence why they've existed in culture and now many are irrelevant to today's cultures without anyone to identify as them. And yet male and female is always prevalent, huh.... Almost like gender is a made up thing by culture aside from male and female.

And yeah, it's all fun and games to exclude people out of the circle. That's what I did alongside them. It's all fun and games until you slip up one day and they hate your guts and make sure to go out of their way that everyone knows what you said in a private conversation. And one day they're probably going to be out of that circle, if it isn't by them pissing someone off, then eventually the groups going to go out of relevance as the political landscape is always shifting now. I guarantee that within the next decade her and others are going to be left in the dust by people they think care about them personally rather than just caring for them because they pleasure them with the same political opinions.

I just don't want them attaching themselves to some dumb political trend where in 5-ten years later they look back on what they said and feel totally embarrassed. Especially on how her and others in this thread bully people into having the same political opinions as them. It happens weekly even not daily. And I know so many people that are tired of this kind of behavior, but few speak up about it. And for good reason, ironically enough, they don't want to get dogpiled by the majority. Which is ironic because I remember when I had to back that ex-friend up because they used to get singled out. Now I feel like **** because i feel like I spent my time defending someone who goes out of their way to bully people and virtue signal about their identity and how minorities are superior by virtue and how you can't question anything they do. But of course, if you (rightfully) pick apart the other side of the spectrum for the exact same behavior, that's okay. Just don't question our indoctrination over everyone's beliefs.
this is still happening

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The explosion when they pop would probably be useful.

D

Deleted member

hey everyone

trans people are trans regardless of dysphoria

have a nice day
They're people, but not trans. They're not transitioning by any means, that's why. Unless you're telling me that women are women because they like barbie and pink, and not because of biology.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys, lets not start up this gender debate again. It usually never leads anywhere positive.

Besides:

Amendment 1: Please stay on topics that are appropriate for this forum.

Topics that have no place here include, but are not limited to:
  • sexuality/sexual orientation
  • religion
  • politics
These topics can be discussed at length in the Debate Hall or via PM.

D

Deleted member

Guys, lets not start up this gender debate again. It usually never leads anywhere positive.

Besides:
Yeah, good luck getting that across to any of them because there's nothing more they love to talk about whenever they get the chance to. They already think those rules are stupid.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, good luck getting that across to any of them because there's nothing more they love to talk about whenever they get the chance to. They already think those rules are stupid.
All I can do is try and steer it back to acceptable conversation and discipline where needed. As I said in those rules, you guys are more than welcome to discuss this stuff in the Debate Hall as long as it is in a respectable manner.

D

Deleted member

I dunno what you guys are talking about, I don't see anyone talking about gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom