• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, that's basically what this is.

We almost never actually talked about Smash in there unless there was a rumor or a theory.
I mean it often spent time off the rails, but there are few threads as ungodly as this one. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
that thread was just this one but with slightly less ****posting
Which is funny considering only since they closed it did they decide to add like seventeen new mods/admins to deal with all the... lack of fires in the Smash off-season? Ok I guess.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>rob the payment office with the tiny nerf gun under my tiny top hat
Command accepted.

5008DF3F-77F4-4ABB-B0F0-C5B92956F160.jpeg

Well, it was worth a shot (haha) but a mod happened to be nearby and got pretty damn angry about that.

Gained: 3 infraction points (total: 3)
Lost: dignity

WHAT DO YOU DO?
> |

Haha, this is fun let’s keep going. Maybe I will make a thread after all later

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After that Aqua stage, Pyra's breasts and Climax...
I really do not want more disturbing stages.
not disturbing
I was surprised when it was first announced...so that last statement is bull**** (inb4 it’s a Micheal Bay movie...then I’d be shook, spooked, and shocked)
Sonic and the Black Knight really sticks out as it literally has one of the best soundtracks in the franchise yet everyone hates it. Meanwhile I'm here saying it's top 5 best Sonic games alongside 3&K and Heroes
Wouldn’t place it in my top 5, but it’s definitely an underrated game

D

Deleted member

Which is funny considering only since they closed it did they decide to add like seventeen new mods/admins to deal with all the... lack of fires in the Smash off-season? Ok I guess.
because we ****post slightly more since there's like two pieces of smash news every now and then

****posting has more potential to turn into wackposting then normal smash discussion does

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
because we ****post slightly more since there's like two pieces of smash news every now and then

****posting has more potential to turn into wackposting then normal smash discussion does
Yeah normal Smash discussion just turns into flame wars. Who needs mods for that? :p

Noipoi

Howdy!
Command accepted.

View attachment 211471
Well, it was worth a shot (haha) but a mod happened to be nearby and got pretty damn angry about that.

Gained: 3 infraction points (total: 3)
Lost: dignity

WHAT DO YOU DO?
> |

Haha, this is fun let’s keep going. Maybe I will make a thread after all later
Apologize profusely

D

Deleted member

I mean it often spent time off the rails, but there are few threads as ungodly as this one. :p
TBH I 100% guarantee you this thread would probably become near abandoned if only exclusively Smash talk was allowed. People would just go to Nintenzone Social; part of what makes this thread more active compared to other parts of the site is because people like being able to chat on here.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd trade in all my likes,
all my posts,
all my threads,
and frankly, the entirety of Smashboards and its userbase,

behelit.gif

... if I could get an SMT Nocturne Remake

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBH I 100% guarantee you this thread would probably become near abandoned if only exclusively Smash talk was allowed. People would just go to Nintenzone Social; part of what makes this thread more active compared to other parts of the site is because people like being able to chat on here.
Especially now that the rush of pre-release Smash speculation is over.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Been playing the MKX character intros in the background while I photoshop new hero images for work, and I forgot how much I liked hearing this one:

Sub Zero: You incite violence on a whim?
Mileena: Yes. Now amuse me!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not suggesting this thread go away or change purpose. The only thing worse than a social thread is the effects of closing a social thread.

I'd just like the old Smash thread to come back, hopefully with some moderation to prevent things from getting too out-of-hand (especially since there are so many mods these days). I mean, other sites can maintain sustained Smash discussion, and they aren't even Smash-dedicated sites.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm not suggesting this thread go away or change purpose. The only thing worse than a social thread is the effects of closing a social thread.

I'd just like the old Smash thread to come back, hopefully with some moderation to prevent things from getting too out-of-hand (especially since there are so many mods these days). I mean, other sites can maintain sustained Smash discussion, and they aren't even Smash-dedicated sites.
I actually agree.
I don't see much point in having:
"random social thread" and "random social thread that sometimes talks about Smash."

There's no longer a conglomerate of Smash related topics that can bounce off each other, just specific niche areas that get very little traffic in comparison.

D

Deleted member

Especially now that the rush of pre-release Smash speculation is over.
DLC speculation is also going to be insanely quiet with nothing going on, similar to Smash 4's

Smash 4 DLC only had one major leak. I wouldn't expect Ultimate's to be any different; the fact they scrubbed Brave means they know we're watching now and are gonna be way more careful.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Aw **** Doom, Crash and Dark Souls are all discounted and I'm torn whether or not I should buy them
I feel like Doom is constantly discounted. It pops up on like every big sale I see.

Bethesda's motto seems to be "if it's not Elder Scrolls or Fallout, put it on sale every chance we get".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom