• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Bloody hell. Bloody ****in ell. I already knew about some of the uhh, finer details before it was posted here, but this really is awful. If anybody needs someone to talk to I'm always available.
What's this about a group pm?
Well, if you're talking about the one from last night, that was to discuss Brelooming's alts. I've joined and left the PM since it has a member limit.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Bloody hell. Bloody ****in ell. I already knew about some of the uhh, finer details before it was posted here, but this really is awful. If anybody needs someone to talk to I'm always available.
What's this about a group pm?
The guy responsible for all of this **** apparently had two alt accounts (which long predated the Brelooming one). I think the group PM is for people who want to know what these accounts were, though I've been told their identities privately

**** is very, very manipulative and very ****ed up

D

Deleted member

The guy responsible for all of this **** apparently had two alt accounts (which long predated the Brelooming one). I think the group PM is for people who want to know what these accounts were, though I've been told their identities privately

**** is very, very manipulative and very ****ed up
Yeah, I already know who they were then since yesterday. Still unbelievable that all this happened, over such a long period of time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m not going to trust anything until further confirmation...

Also, Androobie’s account says he’s a nurse? Now we don’t even know his gender. This ****s wild,
Oh no

I knew a former friend named Andrew who supposedly disappeared cause he went to nursing school

He liked a lot of the same games and anime I did but when I caught up with him again he responded at first before ghosting and eventually blocking me

If they’re the same person...

D

Deleted member

Haven't been here in awhile. I stop by and it seems there was Chaos and it has already passed. I swear, miss a week and it seems like everybody could die, then be revived, and get over the issue all without some people even realizing anything happened at all.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I see a lot of people leaving for other sites, and that's fine, do that if you want. But remember, no where on the internet is safe. No matter how good a community might seem, this can happen anywhere. It's why I never try to become close with people online. On the internet, you can always put your best foot forward. Anyone with self restraint can trick and deceive extremely easily.
Edit: I realize I come off as preachy but I feel it's a good thing to keep in mind

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I see a lot of people leaving for other sites, and that's fine, do that if you want. But remember, no where on the internet is safe. No matter how good a community might seem, this can happen anywhere. It's why I never try to become close with people online. On the internet, you can always put your best foot forward. Anyone with self restraint can trick and deceive extremely easily.
Edit: I realize I come off as preachy but I feel it's a good thing to keep in mind
i got no where else i want to go mostly because

1. smash bros is the only fighting game im decent at
2. it aint easy racking up 19,000 posts during my own high school years, something i'll barely have the free time to use coming up
3. this **** aint bothering me that much g

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s a good thing that as a teenager I was internet safety-savvy

For once I’m glad my mom was overbearing back then

And that they TAUGHT internet safety in schools. It may have made me and others roll our eyes but we knew how to keep ourselves safe

Hell im even glad that up until I was 14 I had one of those kid safety internet blockers and that school computers blocked forums.

If I ever have kids I’m teaching them internet safety as of young. And NO IPAD/YOUTUBE UNTIL THEYRE AT LEAST 14. You know that there’s been stuff in the news about those demented bootleg kids cartoons and **** there that are possible breeding grounds for predators

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ok guys, let’s say you could add an entirely new series to Smash along with a represented character. The following are what you can add:

1. A character
  2. A stage
  3. Twelve musical tracks
  4. 8-12 Spirits
  5. A trailer for the character
Be as descriptive as you want. I’ll put mine up later this evening.
Since someone has already done Professor Layton for this topic, I'll go with something else: a BlazBlue character!

1) Ragna the Bloodedge from the BlazBlue series.

2) Master Unit Amaterasu: The stage has a similar feel to Halberd where fighters fight on a platform that travels around the location giving us many different perspectives on it, this one showing the Master Unit Amaterasu that appears in the latter two BlazBlue games. At one point, the platform rest either at the top of the Master Unit or at the entrance that leads to its inside, and this is here Izanami would appear as a stage boss.

I also imagine the Cauldron from the first BlazBlue game would make a fitting stage, where Nu-13 would make a fitting stage boss. Only difference would be that the stage would be stationary and not a traveling one like the Amaterasu idea. The main platform would most likely be that long bridge that leads to the Cauldron gate/where Nu-13 stands.

3) Some awesome BlazBlue music that deserves to be in Smash:

Rebellion II (Ragna's theme)
Bullet Dance II (Noel's theme)
Lust Sin II (Jin's theme)
SUSANOOH II (Hakumen's theme)
Awakening the Chaos (Nu-13's theme)
Gluttony Fang (Hazama's theme)
Plastic Night II (Relius's theme)
Under Heaven Destruction II (Ragna vs Jin theme)
Bloodline (Ragna/Jin vs Izanami theme)
SIX HEROES (Six Heroes' theme)
The Highlander (Gigant: Take-Mikazuchi's theme)
MUST DIE (Susanoo's theme)

4) I can delve into how each of those spirit battles would play out, but since I don't have the time right now, I'll just list which Smash characters would fit as certain BlazBlue spirits for the time being:

:ultshulk: Jin Kisaragi
:ultzss: Noel Vermillion
:ultzelda: Rachel Alucard
:ultgreninja: Bang Shishigami
:ultmetaknight: Hakumen
:ultganondorf: Azrael
:ultike: Kagura Mutsuki
:ultrobinf: Kokonoe
:ultdarksamus: Nu-13
:ultjoker: Hazama/Yuki Terumi
:ultrob: Gigant: Take-Mikazuchi (would fittingly be a giant ROB)
:ultmetaknight::ultjoker::ultganondorf::ultbayonetta1::ultrosalina::ultswordfighter: (The Six Heroes: Meta Knight = Hakumen, Joker = Yuki Terumi, Ganondorf = Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, Bayonetta = Nine, Rosalina = Trinity Glassfile, Mii Swordfighter wearing a cat costume = Jubei) (This would also be the Legendary Spirit battle of the 12 BlazBlue spirits)

5) This would be an animated trailer, animated in the same style as the cutscenes from the BlazBlue series. The trailer begins with Fox, Snake, Zero Suit Samus, and Cloud fighting at the Cauldron where Nu-13 first appears in the first BlazBlue game.

Suddenly, Nu-13 descends from above and enters the battlefield in a manner that looks a lot like her cutscene from Calamity Trigger. Awakening the Chaos starts playing, and Fox, Snake, and Zero Suit Samus all charge toward Nu-13 after she starts speaking like a robot and talking about wanting to eliminate her enemies, but she proceeds to easily take out the three fighters. Cloud watches from afar and analyzes the situation, trying to understand who the new enemy is. The guitar solo part of Awakening the Chaos would play during this particular battle sequence.

Then, Nu-13 notices Cloud, and she now switches into her yandere personality with her cute voice as she mistakes Cloud for Ragna (because they both have that prominent anime hair and wield giant swords), and the two proceed to have an epic duel (the epic opera part of Awakening the Chaos that kicks in at 2:15 of the song starts playing at this point). Cloud shouts things like, "I don't know who this 'Ragna' is, but I am NOT who you think I am!" Nu-13 ignores his pleas and just laughs away as she fights Cloud, ultimately gaining an upper hand and eventually knocking Cloud to the ground in quite the brutal fashion. As she approaches him, she tells him that she will take him down the Cauldron so that they can be together forever.

Just as she is about to pick Cloud up from the ground and embrace him, a familiar voice shouts, "Like hell I'm gonna let you do that, you crazy woman!" A young man in silver hair and a red cloak jumps from above and delivers a powerful sword strike, then follows up with an "Inferno Divider" attack (he shouts the attack name as well), hitting Nu-13 and causing her to be knocked back. Cloud looks up at awe as we learn the identity of the fighter that just intervened: it's Ragna the Bloodedge! Rebellion II starts playing as Ragna's face is first shown on screen. He turns to Cloud and tells him, "Don't worry, I'm not going to let that crazy woman hurt you or your friends any longer!" Nu-13 recognizes Ragna and rushes toward him in yandere-like manner, but he knocks her back and tells her, "I'm not going to let you win!" Ragna then activates his BlazBlue. As Ragna delivers his next attack, his intro card kicks in: "Ragna - Awakens the Chaos!"

We now see Ragna's gameplay footage, featuring commentary from Noel Vermillion, Kokonoe, Kagura Mutsuki, Jin Kisaragi, and Rachel Alucard during the entirety of it. The last gameplay footage would show Ragna's Final Smash, Black Onslaught, with the Smash Ultimate title kicking in after the move is finished.

The trailer ends with a scene where we see the aftermath of Ragna and Nu-13's battle. Nu-13 is on the ground, defeated, and Ragna puts his sword into his sheath. He helps Cloud stand up and asks him if he is alright, to which Cloud says he is fine. Suddenly, a familiar voice screams out: "Well, good to see you're still doing well, Rag-boy!" Ragna and Cloud turn toward the direction the voice came from, and they see a familiar face in the distance: Yuki Terumi! Ragna screams Terumi's name, and Terumi can be seen holding a defeated, unconscious Pit in the distance as he tells Ragna, "Awwww, not going to welcome me? I thought Smash was supposed to be a fun, friendly thing, but after a bunch of Nintendo characters tried to stop me a short while ago and seeing your WARM welcome, I guess not! Well, all the more reason to dispose of all the trash!" He violently throws Pit aside and then says, "Come on Ragna, let's see how truly ready you are for Smash, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" As Terumi laughs, we see Ragna having an angry yet determined expression while posing in a battle ready stance. The trailer ends right there.

------

I also think Noel Vermillion would make a fitting BlazBlue rep since she is the series' heroine and would make a really fun fighter with dual gun-wielding moves, but I need to come up with a trailer idea for her first.

If Noel were to be in Smash instead of Ragna, I can totally see :ultcloud: being the fighter for his spirit battle.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ain't wrong, technically.

But at least for myself it ain't how I wanna live.

That someone could try and toy with my friendship still ain't no reason to shut the world out. For the kind of folks I've met and made connections with here I'd gladly risk getting burned a dozen more times.

For my part I'm just gonna be who I am and do what I do, wherever I go. Que sera, sera.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you guys ever played the NES Batman game

genuinely a pretty good game i think

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
From a coding perspective that'd be hella sloppy and just begging for all sorts of degenerate bugs. Pretty hard no.

Didn't know they confirmed a new Dragon Quest Monsters though. I'd be all over that if it gets a release stateside.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi.

Looks like I missed another **** storm. I dont know all the details, but I will say that I'm sorry so many were affected by this. I'm a bit sad that people are thinking of leaving the site..

It's definitely not any mod's fault. They're here to run a forum site, not take care of everyone. The internet carries some harsh things and you have to be careful wherever you go. This site actually has more people who care than on some others. Just the reactions shows that too.
All in all, learning collectively isn't a bad thing, and I think it's normal to be outraged, I would be too if I hadn't already dealt with a lot of **** these last years, but ultimately, as bad as something is, you can't let it ruin the rest of your experience around.

There's people who are messed or broken and do bad things. I hate emotional manipulation, and that's probably the part I hate about this the most. In one sense I'm glad people are rising up against that ****. On another I hope people dont let it get to them to the point that it becomes even more of a downer, because if there's anything i've learned through all the ****, is that you mustn't let bad stuff ruin even more the good stuff around. In order to win over with more good, you have to make sure stuff gets taken care of, but also value the good and make even more of it for there to be more good around. (and find a way to vent, but also in a way that doesnt overtake things)

I just wanted to share my quick take. take good care.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hi.

Looks like I missed another **** storm. I dont know all the details, but I will say that I'm sorry so many were affected by this. I'm a bit sad that people are thinking of leaving the site..

It's definitely not any mod's fault. They're here to run a forum site, not take care of everyone. The internet carries some harsh things and you have to be careful wherever you go. This site actually has more people who care than on some others. Just the reactions shows that too.
All in all, learning collectively isn't a bad thing, and I think it's normal to be outraged, I would be too if I hadn't already dealt with a lot of **** these last years, but ultimately, as bad as something is, you can't let it ruin the rest of your experience around.

There's people who are messed or broken and do bad things. I hate emotional manipulation, and that's probably the part I hate about this the most. In one sense I'm glad people are rising up against that ****. On another I hope people dont let it get to them to the point that it becomes even more of a downer, because if there's anything i've learned through all the ****, is that you mustn't let bad stuff ruin even more the good stuff around. In order to win over with more good, you have to make sure stuff gets taken care of, but also value the good and make even more of it for there to be more good around. (and find a way to vent, but also in a way that doesnt overtake things)

I just wanted to share my quick take. take good care.
I'd give it 3 days and we'll be back to normal, people just need time. And it's totally normal.

We just encountered a bad apple in a bunch of other emotional apples.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They're delaying the Sonic film

Sounds like a great time on Valentine's Day
This is good news for multiple reasons, the biggest one being that the workers won't have to crunch (as much?) to get the movie out.

I was listening to the CUPodcast talk about this very thing last night in regards to the new Batman casting. Studio executives might be more receptive to positive critique/feedback than negative. Hell, Detective Pikachu used voice tracks of Danny Devito during the pre-planning stages.

That said, I still have low low expectations for this movie. I'm honestly the most curious if this means that they'll be doing reshoots as well?

you guys ever played the NES Batman game

genuinely a pretty good game i think
The Joker fight took me a few hours. Getting to him to begin with is hard, but fighting him is basically getting lucky that he doesn't move around the arena too much so you can button mash in close quarters.

Believe it or not, the OST for the game got an official physical release a few years ago as part of Rom Cassette Disc in Sunsoft alongside other Warner Bros./Sunsoft games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom