• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
>Using School Boy Joker

Bet you though people can't hit you because you were wearing glasses back at school.

Who? I don't know that person.
Excuse me....

I have something to say.

*coughs loudly to clear throat*

Where the **** have you been? Do you not see the time? I was worried sick young man. Go to your room you're grounded.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'll probably be using default Joker, but I dunno.

I think I might go with P3/Velvet Joker. I like the blue color on him.

Shroob

Sup?
I do find it suspect of:

"Here's a SEGA character, here's some Mii Costumes that were in Smash 4 that we cut that belong to Sega!"

While it's 100% likely that they could just drop the missing costumes whenever, it also seems like they'll strongly tie DLC-content together, for example:

"Here's 'Brave', here's the Chocobo Hat and Geno Costume back."

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll probably be using default Joker, but I dunno.

I think I might go with P3/Velvet Joker. I like the blue color on him.
Dude, now you made me wish his blue costume had white hair and yellow eyes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Does Joker seem a little... small to anyone?

It's probably to account for Arsene, but I think he might look a little odd next to some of the more anatomically realistic humanoid characters (other than Small Mac). I mean in this pic he could be Captain Falcon's heavily-armed tweenaged son.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do find it suspect of:

"Here's a SEGA character, here's some Mii Costumes that were in Smash 4 that we cut that belong to Sega!"

While it's 100% likely that they could just drop the missing costumes whenever, it also seems like they'll strongly tie DLC-content together, for example:

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.

We're getting playable Chocobo at E3 and you're gonna like it.

D

Deleted member

So what did today tell us?

1# We don't even have to look forward to Directs anymore. If Sakurai's going to do something, it's just 'going' to happen when he wants it to.

2# Old 3rd Party Mii Costumes are back, mostly. This is 'fairly' suspect in regards to both Square and Namco.

3# Again, we really can't count on anything anymore. Although I still believe they'll announce a character in Directs, for all we know they could just shadowdrop whoever the **** the next 4 characters are with 0 buildup.
What about Capcom, we don't have any Megaman or MH costumes and they have quite a few franchises that could appear.

D

Deleted member

As far as I'm concerned Joker's purple alt is the best one because purple is scientifically proven to be the best color.

It's probably to account for Arsene, but I think he might look a little odd next to some of the more anatomically realistic humanoid characters (other than Small Mac). I mean in this pic he could be Captain Falcon's heavily-armed tweenaged son.
Holy **** Piranha Plant is huge, was it always like that? It looks like it's taller than Joker is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We can't even get the Chocobo SONG, one of the most iconic FF songs hands down.

:drsad:
I can't even ride my chocobo in FF14 without humming along to that stupid damn catchy ass song.

You want me to have to fight people while it's playing in the background of Midgar?

Do you want me nerfed that bad Shroob Shroob ?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I like blue Joker I guess, would be better if it had been the brighter P3 sky blue but hey I'll take what I can get.

Shroob

Sup?
What about Capcom, we don't have any Megaman or MH costumes and they have quite a few franchises that could appear.
Thank you for reminding me, that was the one 3rd party company no-one could remember.

Yeah, that's definitely on my radar now as well. I'm low-key thinking that RE could be in the running for a spot.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

I did thought he looked small, but he seems to be the same size as Lucina, at least i saw that when they compared up bs, and they didn't seem to change his proportions that much from his source game compared to other characters.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
wait, is the update out now with this colors talk?
You can view a character’s alts on their character page on Smashbros.com by clicking on them, IIRC. The trailer today also came with their adding Joker’s page to there, which came with allowing us to see his alts that way.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Thrilled to come home from work to see the update video. Want to jump back to see the reactions. Anyone know around what page the reactions start on here?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, I love how Joker has color alts for all the previous games, even though they don't match too well.

Shroob

Sup?
So, while I don't put a 'lot' of stock into the "Mii-theory"(Oh god notto disso **** again)

If we go by it, we could expect:

Square Character(PRETEND TO BE SURPRISED)

Namco Character

Capcom Character

???? Character

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do find it suspect of:

...yep.

As sad as it is to say, that makes sense. Geno and Chocobo Mii Costumes are right around the corner...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hmmm so based on more pondering. I've yet again changed my current prediction on remaining DLC fighters.

Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Lloyd Irving
Resident Evil rep

The Resident Evil rep I feel will be revealed for last as a big surprise as Joker was last year at the VGA for this year especially to also represent being the first horror video game character in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, while I don't put a 'lot' of stock into the "Mii-theory"(Oh god notto disso **** again)

Namco Character

Capcom Character

???? Character
Honestly even without that theory (I'm kinda sorry for jumping the gun with it without thinking about Akira from Virtua Fighter), its quite likely we get reps from those companies given that they are quite collaborators to Nintendo and the amount of franchises they possess that are popular and have a huge legacy.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Interesting. Looks like the All-Out Attack Final Smash doesn't actually use the models of the Phantom Thieves that are on the Mementos stage. So that still leaves the Jane and ponytail code in question.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly even without that theory (I'm kinda sorry for jumping the gun with it without thinking about Akira from Virtua Fighter), its quite likely we get reps from those companies given that they are quite collaborators to Nintendo and the amount of franchises they possess that are popular and have a huge legacy.
Oh, I know Akira's costume is missing.

But at the same time, it's not a bad 'theory'.

Joker's in, here's some of the cut costumes back.

We could of course just 'get' costumes whenever, there doesn't have to be a character tied to them, but come the next release, if Brave IS the Square rep, we could be seeing somewhat of a.......

pattern

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Namco Character

Capcom Character

???? Character
I'm not putting a ton of stock into it either. I'd just wait and see on the next character before getting caught up in theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom