• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Yeah. I'll see what I can do.

I am complete Undertrash and everyone will vouch for that.
That's cool to hear. I sorta knew Toby Fox back when he was developing Undertale because I was over at Starmen.Net (due to being a huge EarthBound geek) and that's where he would be a lot of the time too. The game is definitely one of my favorites of all time, and I just recently replayed it about a month ago, it's always nice to go back to. I'm hoping we get some Deltarune news this year...

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well... there is Labrys from P4A.
You might like her.

His name is literally Blade Wolf.

Granted, one, he's a robot, and two, that's a chainsaw.
A chainsaw is not one blade. It is many blades, working together in sync.

So he counts, like, a thousand times over.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Man, now I miss going into a giant tower with a dog, a grade schooler and a robot while an anemic girl shouts into my head.

D

Deleted member

It definitely has a better story.
Hey now, all y'all Persona 5 stans, I didn't say anything. This is on him.

Though admittedly there are very few games that I can think of that Persona 5 probably won't top, story-wise.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't highlight this earlier but I'd like to say I'm proud of you @ShotoStar. I wish I'd shown such commitment to health when I was your age. Keep up the good work! :D
Hm? Thanks!

The reason I work hard to lose weight and all is for a multitude of reasons as I've always known I was unhealthy is just wasn't until recently that I really got into the spirit of doing so. It was only a few months back when I realized that if I continue to live the way I was doing I wouldn't only not look good, Not feel good but probably die in my mid 20's-early 30's.

My old thought process was that I'm not here to live a long life but instead I'm here for a "Fun" life needless to say that's not a very good way to think and I realized that sometime in December, I was to the point of being 256 or so pounds in October to now where I'm down to almost under 206 pounds that's a huge difference and if I go the pace I've been going I'll reach my goal before June.

So thanks it means a lot!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 208616
... consider playing more games.

While I'm on MGS Dogs, how could I forget D-Dog!
Well, I can't really say that with full certainty since I still need to play it, but there are a few games I've played that really just have me at a standstill story-wise that I always wonder "if they can get beaten".

That and my neverending backlog and schedule too. :drflip:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Did DD Dog use a knife? We are counting animal that uses weapon.
Bro, that image of DD has him with a knife in his mouth.

And yeah, if you want him to, he can slit a man's throat before he even realizes what's happening.

I don't though, because he's a good boy and he deserves long walks and rides in the jeep with an Abba cassette tape playing.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey now, all y'all Persona 5 stans, I didn't say anything. This is on him.

Though admittedly there are very few games that I can think of that Persona 5 probably won't top, story-wise.
Now, P3 has its own problems, namely horrible pacing, too many characters and half of the story being an Evangelion knock-off.

But it still surpassed P5 in terms of story telling imo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did DD Dog use a knife? We are counting animal that uses weapon.
The dude can literally slit a mother ****ers throat with a knife before anyone can notice.

Edit:
And yeah, if you want him to, he can slit a man's throat before he even realizes what's happening.
What the actual hell we said the same exact thing what the hell

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Now, P3 has its own problems, namely horrible pacing, too many characters and half of the story being an Evangelion knock-off.

But it still surpassed P5 in terms of story telling imo.
I didn't like how your party acted on their own, encounters felt kinda dice-rolly.

I was glad when P3P did away with it but they also got rid of the stamina system, which while I didn't 'like', I pretty much was able to get to every end-point in Tartarus without it every time.:drshrug:

TheBeastHimself

Anyone here interested in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Endgame? So far we know we're getting a Spider-Man sequel, a Black Widow movie, a movie about the Eternals, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and a movie about Shang-Chi. It's also highly likely we will be getting Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel sequels. Iron Man and Cap are most likely not going to be main characters in upcoming films.

With Disney's acquisition of Fox's Marvel characters, they can now also include the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and other cosmic characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus. The latter two's inclusion would make sense because it was confirmed that MCU movies would be focusing more on cosmic stuff. And theoretically, Deadpool can also fit in somewhere after Disney figures out how they're going to implement him.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyone here interested in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Endgame? So far we know we're getting a Spider-Man sequel, a Black Widow movie, a movie about the Eternals, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and a movie about Shang-Chi. It's also highly likely we will be getting Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel sequels. Iron Man and Cap are most likely not going to be main characters in upcoming films.

With Disney's acquisition of Fox's Marvel characters, they can now also include the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and other cosmic characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus. The latter two's inclusion would make sense because it was confirmed that MCU movies would be focusing more on cosmic stuff. And theoretically, Deadpool can also fit in somewhere after Disney figures out how they're going to implement him.
They'll likely meld Deadpool into the MCU through his iconic 4th wall breaks and then explain the X-Men and Mutants through him... Other than that. Give me my ****ing Nova movie please!

TheBeastHimself

They'll likely meld Deadpool into the MCU through his iconic 4th wall breaks and then explain the X-Men and Mutants through him... Other than that. Give me my ****ing Nova movie please!
I think that's only inevitable, I mean they already introduced the Nova Corps in Guardians right?

D

Deleted member

If we don't get an interaction between Holland's Spider-Man and Reynold's Deadpool then what is even the point of living.

TheBeastHimself

If we don't get an interaction between Holland's Spider-Man and Reynold's Deadpool then what is even the point of living.
I know, Spidey and Deadpool are a hilarious pairing! I'm really hoping during the next big Infinity War-like saga Spidey teams up with Deadpool when all the heroes are splitting off into groups or what-not.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I didn't like how your party acted on their own, encounters felt kinda dice-rolly.

I was glad when P3P did away with it but they also got rid of the stamina system, which while I didn't 'like', I pretty much was able to get to every end-point in Tartarus without it every time.:drshrug:
While I don't recall having any big problems with it, yeah, it's a good thing they done away with AI controlled party. And agreed, I think later game could use stamina or at least a similar mechanic. SP isn't limiting enough and it's harder to encounter the Reaper.

Though I was only talking about the writing. P5 by far has the best gameplay in the series, I'll give it that. In P3, most of the new mechanics felt unpolished and awkwardly implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom