• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Look on the bright side Erdrick detractors, atleast unlike Incineroar he won’t be a threat to your most wanted DLC character since we don’t know the other 4 yet.

Unless it’s Geno...or Sora...or Crono....

Oops.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Maybe as I said 50/50 could be Banjo or could be Steve. Both have things going for them and things going against. Steve makes more sense if you want to expand the playerbase by getting Minecraft fans interested but then Banjo makes sense for giving the dedicated hardcore fanbase a character they wanted as like a 20th anniversary gift or just something Sakurai could do out of the kindness of his heart. Even if Steve gets in that's a good thing for Banjo as it raises his chances for Smash 6. Microsoft will probably choose Steve but Sakurai might want to choose Banjo to celebrate the 20th anniversary or something. It all depends on the circumstances behind their discussions and what Microsoft has in store for Banjo like if B-K was getting a revival or something.
Here's the thing...

Nintendo chose the DLC, not Sakurai

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's the thing...

More the reason to believe it'll be Steve. Nintendo is all about making money and you know what makes tons loads of money?

Minecraft.

At this point I'm confident Steve is the Microsoft rep. I just don't see Banjo's chances being good anymore.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
unknowable.png

Creating images is fun. Or actually, it's quite taxing. But yet, seeing the end result softens any hurt.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
More the reason to believe it'll be Steve. Nintendo is all about making money and you know what makes tons loads of money?

Minecraft.
It's not like Microsoft just mailed Nintendo a list of characters and said "Pick One". There had to be negotiation. And even if Nintendo doesn't care about Banjo all that much, Microsoft has at least acknowledged the request in the past and they probably brought him up at negotiations. And who's to say Nintendo doesn't care about Banjo? SOMEBODY had to read the smash ballot results and I doubt he didn't do well. Either way, it's not as black and white as all these Banjo-Pessemists want us to think it is. I won't go as far as to say it's 50/50, but it is NOT 100% in favor of ANY character.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's not like Microsoft just mailed Nintendo a list of characters and said "Pick One". There had to be negotiation. And even if Nintendo doesn't care about Banjo all that much, Microsoft has at least acknowledged the request in the past and they probably brought him up at negotiations. And who's to say Nintendo doesn't care about Banjo? SOMEBODY had to read the smash ballot results and I doubt he didn't do well. Either way, it's not as black and white as all these Banjo-Pessemists want us to think it is. I won't go as far as to say it's 50/50, but it is NOT 100% in favor of ANY character.
Thing is Minecraft is one of the biggest games in the industry. I don't see Nintendo passing this up.

I also said it before Banjo is a dead franchise, same reason Isaac remained in Assist Trophy limbo (Which even then was absent in 4) despite how highly requested he was. As much as I hate to say it his chances are good dead. King K. Rool only got in because not of his demand but he's from an active franchise as well as 1st party.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's the thing...

Yeah Starting to realize no matter how you look at it Steve seems more likely. I was about to say "Oh Sakurai may have had more influence than we thought" the thing is that Sakurai loves Minecraft so even then if Nintendo said they could get Steve Sakurai would Likely take the offer. At least there's always smash 6 whenever that will be.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The best part of your most wanted being almost impossible is that you don't really stress over any competitors since it hardly matters anyway.
Madotsuki would still be really great though...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thing is Minecraft is one of the biggest games in the industry. I don't see Nintendo passing this up.
I'd also like to point out that there is no rule that says we're ONLY getting one Microsoft character or even only 5 characters. We obviously don't know but the point is it could happen and sense we don't know the actual factual odds of any particular outcome we can't be 100% sure of anything. Sure, they could do one or the other. They could also do neither. They could do Banjo AND Steve. They could do my idea of having the character be Banjo, the stage be Minecraft, the and the Xbox Logo be the series symbol. All of those things are potential outcomes and we don't know which one is gonna happen. So if people WANT to have hope that Banjo will make it, DO. NOT. STIFLE. IT. I completely understand if you are the type to keep your expectations low to avoid disappointment, but don't try to force others to do the same because what's best for you is not what's best for me!

I'm sick of this whole "If someone dosn't want my character I must defend them and make sure they KNOW that they character they want is completely IMPOSSIBLE" idea. It's really irritating.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay.

The expression I gave Warlestio somehow came out looking a lot like Rosalina. What the heck.

I'm curious...Who wants to see the ugly rough sketch? Or would everyone prefer to be surprised by the final product?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd also like to point out that there is no rule that says we're ONLY getting one Microsoft character or even only 5 characters. We obviously don't know but the point is it could happen and sense we don't know the actual factual odds of any particular outcome we can't be 100% sure of anything. Shure, they could do one or the other. They could also do neither. They could do Banjo AND Steve. They could do my idea of having the character be Banjo, the stage be Minecraft, the and the Xbox Logo be the series symbol. All of those things are potential outcomes and we don't know which one is gonna happen. So if people WANT to have hope that Banjo will make it, DO. NOT. STIFLE. IT. I completley understand if you are the type to keep your expectations low to avoid dissapointment, but don't try to force others to do the same because what's best for you is not what's best for me!
Fair enough. I didn't realize I was being that way apologies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay.

The expression I gave Warlestio somehow came out looking a lot like Rosalina. What the heck.

I'm curious...Who wants to see the ugly rough sketch? Or would everyone prefer to be surprised by the final product?
I would. I have no idea what you are drawing, though. What is it?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd also like to point out that there is no rule that says we're ONLY getting one Microsoft character or even only 5 characters. We obviously don't know but the point is it could happen and sense we don't know the actual factual odds of any particular outcome we can't be 100% sure of anything. Sure, they could do one or the other. They could also do neither. They could do Banjo AND Steve. They could do my idea of having the character be Banjo, the stage be Minecraft, the and the Xbox Logo be the series symbol. All of those things are potential outcomes and we don't know which one is gonna happen. So if people WANT to have hope that Banjo will make it, DO. NOT. STIFLE. IT. I completely understand if you are the type to keep your expectations low to avoid disappointment, but don't try to force others to do the same because what's best for you is not what's best for me!

I'm sick of this whole "If someone dosn't want my character I must defend them and make sure they KNOW that they character they want is completely IMPOSSIBLE" idea. It's really irritating.
Sorry if I was being that way...

My apologies

I'm just tired of people bashing Steve, so I tend to go in full defense mode

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways though if it does turn out to be Banjo. I'll eat my own words and will be pretty darn hyped and jumping in joy as he's one of my most wanted.

I still expect it to be Steve though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sweet. Snake, Pokemon Trainer, and it looks like they're sticking with a Charizard reprint and will have Ivysaur and Squirtle separate. I hope Leaf gets an amiibo as well. It would be neat if Pokemon Trainer and Leaf's amiibo also were usable in both versions of Let's Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom