• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I should note that Dragon Quest: Dai no Daikouben is not much of a crossover series as it was in regular circulation in Weekly Shonen Jump in 1989...

It's much of a crossover series as Saint Seiya is (that series is a part of Akita Shoten now)...

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I'm the only one that thinks this is the grinch leak all over again but with the Erdrick SE Representant thing???
And the only evidence it has is the "brave" word, which is very generical....

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm the only one that thinks this is the grinch leak all over again but with the Erdrick SE Representant thing???
Except all the leakers were against the grinch leak.

That's quite literally the only reason we still believe it's Erdrick. The Brave/Yuusha connection is just the cherry on top.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After the Grinch Leak. We should take every leak with a grain of salt.

I am rather confident on Erdrick and Steve (Sorry Banjo) though. That's the only thing I'm certain will be happening.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
That... ended with Incineroar turning out NOT to be leak bait though.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I know nothing about Dragon Quest, so can someone tell me why Erdrick? Isn't he only from one old game?

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Except all the leakers were against the grinch leak.

That's quite literally the only reason we still believe it's Erdrick. The Brave/Yuusha connection is just the cherry on top.
Actually i never heard about the leakers being against or support the Erdrick leak?
They are?

KMDP

Smash Legend
And his name is Sephirot.
You mean "Sephiroth".

"Sefirot" is the religious concept that the character is named after, but that's not how the character's name is spelled.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Like am I the only one whose certain that Erdrick and Steve are guaranteed. I don't know why but all things seem to indicate they'll be happening and will be surprised if that's not the case.

Which only leaves what the other two DLC might be.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know nothing about Dragon Quest, so can someone tell me why Erdrick? Isn't he only from one old game?
Pretty much the "second mascot", also looking at Slime. Basically is the most iconic hero in the franchise, with numerous references to his character (also through the title, Erdrick), and his equipment among many things.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Erdrick is an important figure in more than one game though. In the first 2 DQ games he's a legendary warrior and the lead characters are descendants of him (including all the party members of DQII). Dragon Quest III is where you finally play as him as it's a prequel...

D

Deleted member

Alright.

Rough sketch is done. I'll start work on line art tomorrow. Gosh, I hate drawing hands; they're gonna look so bad, lol.

Can't figure out how I want the hair to look. Torn between letting part of it cover the face or having it be behind the head.

D

Deleted member

Like am I the only one whose certain that Erdrick and Steve are guaranteed. I don't know why but all things seem to indicate they'll be happening and will be surprised if that's not the case.

Which only leaves what the other two DLC might be.
I'm Certain on Erdrick. Not so much Steve, if the Microsoft rep was Steve then why add those specific Rare Spirits? Why not just General Microsoft Sprits instead? a Theory I personally have is that Brave is Banjo and that's why the Spirits were added so early on. Steve could be happening but I'm nowhere close to 100% more like 50/50%

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright.

Rough sketch is done. I'll start work on line art tomorrow. Gosh, I hate drawing hands; they're gonna look so bad, lol.

Can't figure out how I want the hair to look. Torn between letting part of it cover the face or having it be behind the head.
Cover some of his face.

He's gotta be mysterious, alluring, beautiful.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm Certain on Erdrick. Not so much Steve, if the Microsoft rep was Steve then why add those specific Rare Spirits? Why not just General Microsoft Sprits instead? a Theory I personally have is that Brave is Banjo and that's why the Spirits were added so early on. Steve could be happening but I'm nowhere close to 100% more like 50/50%
I mean it could just be a coincidence. Minecraft is huge though and Sakurai loves Minecraft you really think that's gonna be passed up? As much as I hate to say it Banjo is a dead franchise at this point if we look what happened with Isaac being promoted to Assist again (King K. Rool got in not only because of the huge fan demand but also being he was 1st party and from an active franchise) whereas Minecraft is active and Microsoft probably would want to have one of their biggest franchises added into Smash.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Those Rare spirits seemed to have been a mistake,

Nintendo owns the Japanese names for those two Rare games, so it was likely a misunderstanding...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shueisha owns Dai iirc. Shueisha's the company which tried blocking DBFZ at tournaments a while ago. I highly doubt that Nintendo would consider the legal mess of this all worth it, might as well add Goku then
Shueisha and Toriyama's company Bird Studio both also own part of the main Dragon Quest Series as a whole. The same way both Nintendo and The Pokemon Company own parts of Pokemon.
Those Rare spirits seemed to have been a mistake,

Nintendo owns the Japanese names for those two Rare games, so it was likely a misunderstanding...
Great. This mentality again. Just go back to the previous posts and find out how this argument ended last time. I'm not sitting through it again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean it could just be a coincidence. Minecraft is huge though and Sakurai loves Minecraft you really think that's gonna be passed up especially. As much as I hate to say it Banjo is a dead franchise at this point if we look what happened with Isaac being promoted to Assist again (King K. Rool got in not because of the huge fan demand but because he was 1st party and from an active franchise) whereas Minecraft is active and Microsoft probably would want to have one of their biggest franchises added into Smash.
Maybe as I said 50/50 could be Banjo or could be Steve. Both have things going for them and things going against. Steve makes more sense if you want to expand the playerbase by getting Minecraft fans interested but then Banjo makes sense for giving the dedicated hardcore fanbase a character they wanted as like a 20th anniversary gift or just something Sakurai could do out of the kindness of his heart. Even if Steve gets in that's a good thing for Banjo as it raises his chances for Smash 6. Microsoft will probably choose Steve but Sakurai might want to choose Banjo to celebrate the 20th anniversary or something. It all depends on the circumstances behind their discussions and what Microsoft has in store for Banjo like if B-K was getting a revival or something.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright.

Hmm? What are you talking about?

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
New avi. Think this one's here to stay for a while, unless I create a way better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom