• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I've never really played Metroid. Just a few minutes of the NES version.
I mean, I can understand it if you're not familiar with the games or if you're not into the genre, but the phrase "I'm not a huge fan" usually means "I don't like it" which is not true in that case.
Even if the game is "not for you", you still have to admit that Metroid Prime is objectively the best game ever made...

Let me try that again

One of the best...

Again

A pretty good game...

No. I just can't do it. I just can't move myself to understand it.

Objectively the best game ever made

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I mean, I can understand it if you're not familiar with the games or if you're not into the genre, but the phrase "I'm not a huge fan" usually means "I don't like it" which is not true in that case.
Even if the game is "not for you", you still have to admit that Metroid Prime is objectively the best game ever made...

Let me try that again

One of the best...

Again

A pretty good game...

No. I just can't do it. I just can't move myself to understand it.

Objectively the best game ever made
I wasn't the one who said "I'm not a huge fan". That was someone else. Just stating my opinion.
Also, I can't admit it's the best because I don't know, I haven't played it yet.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I wasn't the one who said "I'm not a huge fan". That was someone else. Just stating my opinion.
Also, I can't admit it's the best because I don't know, I haven't played it yet.
Yeah I know.
I was hoping for the other Guy to respond so I could give this ready response

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
More descriptive please? xD
He owned a channel that uploaded "High Quality Rips", in which he uploaded modified versions of video game music and titles them just like channels that focus on extending video game music, so people get tricked into watching his modified versions instead of the original songs. He adds memes to songs or just makes some mashups, sometimes even changing to song structure to make it sound like a different song. His channel description says that "I only upload the most high quality of rips", and that became an inside joke of the channel. The Wood Man you saw earlier is another inside joke of his channel, where he remade Wood Man's theme with MIDI sounds. There's actually a lot of "lore" about the channel, but it's hard to tell what is and what isn't lore, because of how many videos there are. He literally uploaded a new video every few minutes.

D

Deleted member

Today has been a great day:
>I talked about a lot of stuff with my friends.
>I helped a user here with a problem without messing up.
>Retro Studios isn’t shutting down.
>I had a laught with the Little Shop Of Horrors ****posts.
>I did a fantastic presentation in psycology.
>And I finished my long but worthy post for Piranha Plant’s release day.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This leak reminded me of something, RIP SiIvaGunner's YouTube channel.
man I didn't know about this until I searched 'em up on Youtube.

Dang it Nintendo and whoever else, they were high quality versions of your music >:[

now I have to remove a bunch of deleted videos in my likes list.

Oh well at least SiIvaGunner2 exists:

(warning: this one has a small use of "the F word"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cZ9CVrbJs

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Today has been a great day:
>I talked about a lot of stuff with my friends.
>I helped a user here with a problem without messing up.
>Retro Studios isn’t shutting down.
>I had a laught with the Little Shop Of Horrors ****posts.
>I did a fantastic presentation in psycology.
>And I finished my long but worthy post for Piranha Plant’s release day.
:D Very good

I'm glad you're having a good day :3

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
dang it SiIvaGunner getting terminated genuinely makes me sad.

I've loved the meme music ever since I discovered it in early 2017/probably really late 2016 I don't remember.

So many rips I've liked that it feels like I should just say I liked 'em all even if there were some I didn't.

The Banjo-Kazooie rips, Shrek, We Are Number One, Undertale, EarthBound, SpongeBob, Wood Man, Mario, Fallen Kingdom by CaptainSparklez and other Minecraft rips, Sans is Ness, Space Jam Megalovania, Snow Halation even though I know nothing about it other than Smol supposedly being a witch or something and the music somehow sounds nice (>:]), Waluigi's Taco Stand, the haunted mansion level from Sonic Heroes, Christmas...

The Slider rips...the many, many Slider rips including the Sans + Ness + Game Theory one...

The lore...

7 Grand Dad/Flintstones...

Nutshack was funny, too, even though I don't know that one either...

Heck, there was a Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme rip that was based on a piece of music...don't know the name...but the same piece of music was the base for a Periodic Table song we listened to/watched in my 11th-grade Chemistry class...so I played the rip as a joke...

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Hey this might be off topic, but do any of you have any Smash traditions? They don’t have to be big, they can be little things!

Some that I have are to go into training mode and zoom in all the way to my character and just move around! I like doing it with moving stages too! Feels like I’m playing a side-scroller!

A more morbid one I do is have the only one character drown my entire time playing. It’s always Lucas, not because I don’t like him but it’s a tradition of mine. Back when I first played Brawl I didn’t really like Lucas. I also had never played smash before and the first time you play as Lucas in subspace there’s a lot of water. You can probably guess what happened next

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So any chance we could still be getting an Nintendo Direct next week? Otherwise if not guess we'll have to wait until March for something besides Piranha Plant and possible Joker gameplay revealed in February.

D

Deleted member

His might be off topic, but do any of you have any Smash traditions? They don’t have to be big, they can be little things!

Some that I have are to go into training mode and zoom in all the way to my character and just move around! I like doing it with moving stages too! Feels like I’m playing a side-scroller!

A more morbid one I do is have the only one character drown my entire time playing. It’s always Lucas, not because I don’t like him but it’s a tradition of mine. Back when I first played Brawl I didn’t really like Lucas. I also had never played smash before and the first time you play as Lucas in subspace there’s a lot of water. You can probably guess what happened next
Mine is to have as many battles as I can with the Mother characters, Ness and Lucas, on whichever Mother stage, preferably Fourside and Magicant.

I have to because I love the Mother series so much lol

ccllr

Smash Cadet
Hey this might be off topic, but do any of you have any Smash traditions? They don’t have to be big, they can be little things!

I go to Training mode and set the camera to Zoom and the speed to 1/4 so I can see the details on the animations and the character expressions. I've done it for as long as I can remember.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A more morbid one I do is have the only one character drown my entire time playing.
That is a little disturbing. Lol.

I don't have any traditions other than playing as the green palate of a character. I may like a different palate for some characters, but at this point I feel like I will do worse somehow if I go a color other than green. If I play as a different palate and lose, it is because I wasn't green.

Pakky

Smash Hero
1548453139448.png

So I found out her Banana color back in 64 (Which I have never played) is purple which is cool but this color scheme is a god damn mess to be honest.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So, RIP Sylux?
What if Sylux was actually planned to be a DLC, and now he will be replaced with someone else?

Anyway, I'm ok with the delay (also because I'm delaying the purchase of Switch, so an interesting game coming out later means that I may get it at launch without getting it completely spoiled because a Youtube thumbnail slapped the final boss right in my face).
But Retro Studios.... I liked MP1, I loved MP2, but I kinda disliked MP3... I hope they go back to the MP1/2 route because IMO MP3 was bland (except Phaaze, that was awesome, too bad that it was so short and linear).
I also liked the level design in Hunters; just like MP2, I appreciated how vertical the level design was, and I think that this is the right way to design levels in a Metroid game, considering the structure of the original 2D games. I want to feel like I'm going deeper and deeper in the core of an unexplored planet, surrounded by surreal environments mutated by alien creatures.

Pakky

Smash Hero

So I found out her Banana color back in 64 (Which I have never played) is purple which is cool but this color scheme is a god damn mess to be honest.

Like do I go with the blue or just make everything magenta?

Didn't mean to make this another post but yeah.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What did SilvaGunner get terminated for?
I think it was multiple third-parties claiming copyright infringement, at least it said something like that when I clicked one of the many deleted videos in my likes...

Makes sense...even if the tracks weren't really the actual tracks, they were still arrangements of some piece of copyrighted music...

But...you think this would fall under Fair Use and be legal...though that didn't stop them from making it so CaptainSparklez and whoever helped him with his music videos needed to make 100% original arrangements...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, RIP Sylux?
What if Sylux was actually planned to be a DLC, and now he will be replaced with someone else?
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't DLC already planned at this point? Doubtful they'll change it honestly especially if it was planned since the development of Ultimate.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I’ve been messing around with Spirit teams. And I finally got one! What do you all think? It’s a combination between characters/items that I like and characters/items that are useful in any situation.
DB8883CC-1A26-47F7-B9B0-4C3CDBE191C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom