• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Do you guys remember the very first character you thought:

“hey, this character should be in Smash?”

For me, it was Mewtwo in Smash 64.
For me, it was Ghirahim in Smash 4.
Kid me just seemed to roll with whatever Smash put out, but Smash 4 was the first time I followed a pre-release period for the series, so that's when I had the realization that I could hope for characters to get in.
Does that make me weird?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't associate ToasterBrains and Incels together in my mind lol
I used it as a term of convenience, but I ended up developing an attraction towards anyone who was nice to me and had a pretty bad victim "nice guy" complex because everyone found me creepy and it was how I was able to cope with it at the time.

It's been a big topic in therapy for me because I'm too scared to talk to girls who aren't my girlfriend at times because I'm scared of developing feelings for anyone else (I'm proposing to my girlfriend this year, btw).

OCD sucks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I used it as a term of convenience, but I ended up developing an attraction towards anyone who was nice to me and had a pretty bad victim "nice guy" complex because everyone found me creepy and it was how I was able to cope with it at the time.

It's been a big topic in therapy for me because I'm too scared to talk to girls who aren't my girlfriend at times because I'm scared of developing feelings for anyone else (I'm proposing to my girlfriend this year, btw).

OCD sucks
Make sure you update us live about the wedding.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Nah, it's just a case of minority fetishization as it has been done for so long. Bigots will accept them as long as they're not considered people.
I.E.: anime "tr*ps", yaoi, yuri, characters like Poison, etc.
Why are you like this? Not even being mean but Jesus Christ.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I ended up getting the spicy fish egg mayonnaise toast for ¥120. The reason this and my picture post ties in with Smash is cause Smash has food in it. And I was looking for food to eat.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You're not guilty of doing any of that, what are you talking about?
I feel as though I have a position of social "power" because I'm a suburban straight white male in a suburban straight white male's world, and I'm obligated to use that to the advantage of people without the same privilege because I care about their well-being and I know the way they're currently treated isn't okay. But I'm also not a very outspoken or proactive person; I speak on the subject if it comes up and I support my friends regardless of what race/gender/sexuality/faith/whatever they are. But I don't make LGBTQ rights my fight so much as I side with them and cheer for them from the sidelines. And even then I'm no expert, so I always listen more than speak. I'm old and ignorant and I want to be less so. Less like the Midwesterner I am at heart.

I suppose I feel guilt for the state of my bigot family, even if I've mostly disassociated myself with them. They're still bigots even if I'm not there to see it. Is it hypocritical of me to say "trans rights!" when I know my own dad supported that ****ing bathroom bill in North Carolina? Can I escape that shadow and feel like my own efforts outweigh those of a man more successful and influential than me? Is my inactivity part of the problem while I pat myself on the back for doing the bare minimum of treating people like people? Am I just befriending minorities to make myself feel better?

This post got way deeper than I expected when I started writing it lol.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

OCD sucks
Congrats man. You're making quite the life jump. The rest will come over time because you'll have your girlfriend/fiance/wife to support you.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel as though I have a position of social "power" because I'm a suburban straight white male in a suburban straight white male's world, and I'm obligated to use that to the advantage of people without the same privilege because I care about their well-being and I know the way they're currently treated isn't okay. But I'm also not a very outspoken or proactive person; I speak on the subject if it comes up and I support my friends regardless of what race/gender/sexuality/faith/whatever they are. But I don't make LGBTQ rights my fight so much as I side with them and cheer for them from the sidelines. And even then I'm no expert, so I always listen more than speak. I'm old and ignorant and I want to be less so. Less like the Midwesterner I am at heart.

I suppose I feel guilt for the state of my bigot family, even if I've mostly disassociated myself with them. They're still bigots even if I'm not there to see it. Is it hypocritical of me to say "trans rights!" when I know my own dad supported that ****ing bathroom bill in North Carolina? Can I escape that shadow and feel like my own efforts outweigh those of a man more successful and influential than me? Is my inactivity part of the problem while I pat myself on the back for doing the bare minimum of treating people like people? Am I just befriending minorities to make myself feel better?

This post got way deeper than I expected when I started writing it lol.
We come from similar backgrounds I think and I also struggled coping with my family’s views (my grandfather was a straight up racist. Like chasing African Americans out of his supermarket in the 90’s with a stick).

I wouldn’t put too much energy on trying to make up for your family’s shortcomings. They have their beliefs and the best you can do is show them a good example. They are them and you are you. The You is what matters. Yeah, they raised you until adulthood but that’s so you can become your own person... not a carbon copy of your family.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Keep fighting the good fight.

D

Deleted member

If I’m honest, I don’t have much to add to conversations like this sense I’m Christian, but I will say that any Christian who makes fun of your or anything along those lines, then that’s honestly extremely hypocritical. Do whatever you want. I don’t iwn your life and neither do they.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom