• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
nintendo actively struggling to implement a rhythm-based character because of their ****ty online is the kind of karmic justice i can get behind

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dunno, the Valm arc didn't seem particularly important compared to Gangrel or Grima.
It's not as crucial, and it could've been executed better (I have tons of issues with how Yen'fay was handled and it could've done with more showing over telling, considering we never even get to step foot in Chon'sin or Rosanne, and Virion was woefully underutilized), but I do think the arc gets too much flack. Namely I disagree with it being called irrelevant when the arc features major character development for Chrom.

The decision to go to war with Valm was the first major thing Chrom had to face after becoming acting Exalt, and through it he learns how to become a true leader of his country instead of just defaulting to what Emmeryn would do. His conversations with Cervantes, Pheros, and Walhart help develop his worldview, and in particular the juxtaposition between his and Walhart's ideologies (with the whole King vs Conqueror thing) fleshes out Chrom a great deal.

D

Deleted member

Amazing, we’ve gone from a cult of a character who has had 2 minutes screentime total from a game that hasn’t even come out yet to a cult of a hypothetical character that probably doesn’t exist. Smashboards always innovates, like Mark Suck a berg.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
nintendo actively struggling to implement a rhythm-based character because of their ****ty online is the kind of karmic justice i can get behind
the real nintendo move would just be to release the character completely ignoring that they're hell to play online

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the real nintendo move would just be to release the character completely ignoring that their hell to play online
oh yeah baby, it's like playing a rhythm game with 2.5 second input lag

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Norhing because I dont have a partner.
To be fair, he never said what sort of partner. Could be a platonic friend of yours, for instance. I'd burn that one specific Grookey to ashes if it laid its grubby primitive posable thumbs on my friend's bum-bum.

But if he meant romantic partner, then you and me both, Baby (don't take that out of context). Loners UNITE!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Amazing, we’ve gone from a cult of a character who has had 2 minutes screentime total from a game that hasn’t even come out yet to a cult of a hypothetical character that probably doesn’t exist. Smashboards always innovates, like Mark Suck a berg.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , i want dancing baboom on my desk at eight o'clock tomorrow morning

what does he look like? god damnit man, what does it matter what he looks like? we need dances, and we need em now or you're fired!

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
To be fair, he never said what sort of partner. Could be a platonic friend of yours, for instance. I'd burn that one specific Grookey to ashes if it laid its grubby primitive posable thumbs on my friend's bum-bum.

But if he meant romantic partner, then you and me both, Baby (don't take that out of context). Loners UNITE!
Is it real lonely hours?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

We all know what kind of partner he meant lol.

I would do anything if it were anyone else either. It's a little **** stain grass chimp. Just kick it and be done.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
How would a rhythm based character in smash even work? Doesn't seem like it could feasibly function in smash outside of a special move or something.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I love it when a "leaker" gives their backstory and how they obtained their infornation to try to make themselves more credible.

"Oh by the way I got hired last month on the 15th as a part of the Treehouse marketing team, pls believe me I'm credible I swear.

Boy I sure do hope Nintendo isn't able to use this information to weed me out and fire me, that would be awful."

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
With Super Mario 3D World being in Super Mario Maker why would anyone use the New Super Mario Bros theme?

D

Deleted member

spider in the shower
crawling on the wall
bit my shoulder
had a great fall
died underwater
wonder how it feels
while he was drowning to death
i stepped on his heels

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This post has been infracted due to flaming/harassment.
Stopped reading at that point.
If you're going to pull that when I'm being calm in pointing something out, I couldn't care less what you have to say.
"I'm completely calm."

"**** you, ********. If you're gonna call me out like that, then your entire post is forfeit. I don't give a **** what you have to say."

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I’ve been at work for 10 hours and I’ve had 13 customers in total. This had been the most boring day of my life and so I went on here to pass the time. Only to find out the grass starters final evo isn’t “Son Grookong”

Very disappointed at the moment

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's been what, nearly three months since the tournament started now? Guess I can wait a bit longer to see how this plan of yours fails to come to fruition. :lucina:
Hey can we get a Chrom emote to match the Lucina one since his birthday is coming up? :V

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I’ve been at work for 10 hours and I’ve had 13 customers in total. This had been the most boring day of my life and so I went on here to pass the time. Only to find out the grass starters final evo isn’t “Son Grookong”

Wait, their names are actually known?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I've seen an image somewhere that theorizes Grookey's final evolution as having the most feminine appearance of the Galar Region starters, based on how Delphox and Primarina were designed. Given the numerous fan interpretations out there, I support that theory.
Grookey_fan_evo.jpg

Is it real lonely hours?
That's my secret, cap:
Hulk_secret.jpg

I'm always lonely.

Roberk

Smash Champion

1558397608442.png

>tfw Son Wukong is used as inspiration for a starter's final evolution twice

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've seen an image somewhere that theorizes Grookey's final evolution as having the most feminine appearance of the Galar Region starters, based on how Delphox and Primarina were designed. Given the numerous fan interpretations out there, I support that theory.
View attachment 222657
Reminds me of someone...
7013A2A6-B5BE-4889-9127-BBD1AD726803.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I remember months ago, I made a Eggman pisses on the moon joke, and absolutely nobody got it.

But now, everyone is making these jokes and getting tons of likes for it.

So I knew the meme before it was cool. Get off my cloud.

Get roasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom