• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
*checking the Three Houses rumor threads*
"thanibomb has made over 400 comments and replies just over the past day. Would a troll go to that much effort?"
*looks at Smash's speculation scene*

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
the grinch leak was the result of someone with too much time, and the google leak was the result of someone with too much money

now what happens if we get someone with too much time and money?
A mod of Ultimate that includes characters people want with some randos peppered in.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here
Oh, hey. I found it. It was at 128 likes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*checking the Three Houses rumor threads*
"thanibomb has made over 400 comments and replies just over the past day. Would a troll go to that much effort?"
*looks at Smash's speculation scene*
Honestly that makes me more suspicious.

People don't typically leak THAT much.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
but who was it, hinata?

we need someone to mercilessly mock with the power of hindsight
A user named xpnc.

He later went on to reply to the post himself by saying he was eating a whole lotta crow now.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly that makes me more suspicious.

People don't typically leak THAT much.
to be fair a good half of it is 'i can't comment on that yet' or 'wait and see ; )', but i still don't think just being a well-known user is enough grounds to trust everything/anything they say

like ****, i might be 'well known' on this thread, but that doesn't mean you should believe a word i say if i suddenly kicked down the door and started screaming that i'd seen the remaining 7 DLC smash characters and that they're erdrick, sol badguy, phoenix wright, artorias, octoling, proto man, and kasumi

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, hey. I found it. It was at 128 likes.
Was he the originator of the pasta? wow, I'm kinda surprised by the amount of people that liked it. Kinda surprising twist now in that how it is mocked upon.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Was he the originator of the pasta? wow, I'm kinda surprised by the amount of people that liked it. Kinda surprising twist now in that how it is mocked upon.
It had a lot going for it.

It would have been unanimously thought to have been real if it wasn't for insiders knowing it was fake.

And whenever they tried to tell the truth they got mocked...

And they got mocked a LOT.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
the grinch leak was the result of someone with too much time, and the google leak was the result of someone with too much money

now what happens if we get someone with too much time and money?
mariotehplumber strikes back

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It had a lot going for it.

It would have been unanimously thought to have been real if it wasn't for insiders knowing it was fake.

And whenever they tried to tell the truth they got mocked...

And the got mocked a LOT.
gamexplain: doesn't comment on grinch leak because they've heard from sources that incineroar is in
also gamexplain: continues to make money off direct prediction/speculation videos even though they already know the final roster

who the real villain??

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
gamexplain: doesn't comment on grinch leak because they've heard from sources that incineroar is in
also gamexplain: continues to make money off direct prediction/speculation videos even though they already know the final roster

who the real villain??
YouTube's algorithm

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

who the real villain??
Probably us.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Alright so.

Had some caffeine, had a snack, chilled out. What's the verdict on getting some work done?

Let's go to a live feed of my brain then:

download.jpg

Oh no.

tenor.gif

Oh no.

Maybe tomorrow.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway sounds like it's uhhhhh

time to spend the day watching konosuba at last instead of doing work

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyone else remember the Gillybal "leak" that was popular for like, a day?

And how some people were still humoring it even after it was pointed out that "Gillybal" sounds an awful lot like "gullible"?

Ah, memories.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Anyone else remember the Gillybal "leak" that was popular for like, a day?

And how some people were still humoring it even after it was pointed out that "Gillybal" sounds an awful lot like "gullible"?

Ah, memories.
I remember the "gullible" part, but I don't remember what the whole thing was about :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I remember the "gullible" part, but I don't remember what the whole thing was about :yoshi:
I think it was going into detail about a Nintendo direct? I don't actually remember it that well either.

Anyway a lot of people were acting like it was more credible just because it was posted here on Smashboards for some reason. It died pretty quickly though (and rightfully so), so that was rare case of a hoax that amused more then irritated me.

If that hoax meant anything to me though its that the pre-launch speculation scene will eat up any potential "news" that comes there way like a pack of starving hyenas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom