• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The spendthrift DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon obviously.

No kidding I actually really like finding deals for stuff. I found a riser for an Arcade1Up machine for $5 at Walmart the other day (they typically retail for $40-$45, and can go upwards of $120 if sold by scalpers) and I was pretty excited.

I'm hoping they announce an MvC machine soon so I can get one for when I have my own place.
Someday you're going to marry a nice coupon cutting spouse, I can already tell.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai finds out Namco makes anime games, fires them and takes Pac-Man out of Smash. How do you react?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
shield shrug.gif

**** it Capcom, if you won't localize Dai Gyakuten Saiban, I'm gonna pirate the **** out of it and there's nothing you can do about it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sakurai finds out Namco makes anime games, fires them and takes Pac-Man out of Smash. How do you react?
Jokes on you.

At that point I can expose John Dylan Smith of mind controlling Sakurai and finally depose him and his reign over the universe.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Yes. There are explosions involved in this plan.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I try putting the address as www.nintendo.co.uk/SmashBros/FightersPass in my browser and it just sends me to a page not found.

Does the ad still appears on your side?
it's not a real 'page', per say - the real joker ad uses it as a redirect towards nintendo.co.uk's smash ultimate page. the fake ads didn't have this capability, so they just tried to send you directly to that page and threw up a 404 because it doesn't exist.

my point here is more that it is an actual URL nintendo have been using, but as we've established, anyone can advertise on any URL.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Jokes on you.

At that point I can expose John Dylan Smith of mind controlling Sakurai and finally depose him and his reign over the universe.

View attachment 220810

Yes. There are explosions involved in this plan.
You're Megumin. There's explosions involved in every plan.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Sakurai doesn't already know what kind of games Bandai-Namco makes
  2. Sakurai hates anime games with a passion
  3. Sakurai is petty enough to remove a video game character because said character's company makes licensed games
  4. Other companies in Smash doesn't make games for anime and manga games

Ideally, I prefer fanfiction having less baseless assumptions.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
  1. Sakurai doesn't already know what kind of games Bandai-Namco makes
  2. Sakurai hates anime games with a passion
  3. Sakurai is petty enough to remove a video game character because said character's company makes licensed games
  4. Other companies in Smash doesn't make games for anime and manga games

Ideally, I prefer fanfiction having less baseless assumptions.
damn my guy osby really doing it to 'em huh

tenor (1).gif

keep up the good work

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'm honestly going to be so disappointed if Nintendo doesn't give us the option to play as Luigi, Toad, or Toadette instead of Mario in Solo Gameplay as well..it'll be such a waste if they lock them behind Co-Op/Versus...especially now that they are actually re-using the Super Mario All-Stars+Super Mario World Luigi sprite..even if its edited to have movements more like Mario's.

D

Deleted member

Well I actually have a long list of games I want to try out that's exclusive to the 3DS, Or at least to my knowledge:
-LoZ: OoT Remake (I never actually finished OoT before which is a shame)
-LoZ: MM Remake (A Few years back I was so close to beating the game and it was the first game I ever pre-ordered but I lost it, I want closure.)
-Animal Crossing New Leaf (I've been interested in the game for years now and with Isabelle in Smash what better time to play it than now)
-Whatever EO games Moydow suggests (I looked up the games and I like the art style at least)
-Bravely Default (Gentlepanda obsesses over the games so they must be good)
-Bravely Second
-FE: Awakening (I main Lucina, It's about time I played the game she's from)
-DQ Games (I would like to try the 3DS DQ games and try DQ one more time before giving my final call on the franchise, Which is why I'm considering picking up DQXI S)
-There are a lot of regular DS games I would like to have physically too (Kirby Super Star Ultra, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon Black 2/White 2, The OG Phoenix Wright Trilogy, Etc.)
-The 3DS Phoenix Wright Games (Like Animal Crossing New Leaf I've been interested in these games for a long time)
-A Link Between Worlds (Another game I've been interested in and almost played but I never got around to it and by the time I was ready to play it my original 3DS broke.)
-Wario Ware Gold (I've been interested in trying a Wario Ware game for a long time and I think Gold would be the perfect time to do so.)
-Tomodachi Life (Another game I've been interested in for awhile.)
-Kid Icarus: Uprising (Another game I've been interested in.)
-The 3DS Virtual Console
That's like at least 20+ games right there? Yeah I don't think my investment would be all too wasted and if I have spare money and if I ever have the chance I may as well get Fates just to complete the 3DS FE games if nothing else. And that's a maybe, I want to see how bad the game actually is.

D

Deleted member

it's not a real 'page', per say - the real joker ad uses it as a redirect towards nintendo.co.uk's smash ultimate page. the fake ads didn't have this capability, so they just tried to send you directly to that page and threw up a 404 because it doesn't exist.

my point here is more that it is an actual URL nintendo have been using, but as we've established, anyone can advertise on any URL.
now I'm confused :b

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and if people are over exaggerating or not.
Fates has a lot of problems but people over exaggerate it's faults by a land slide.

The best way you can describe Fates is that its a game of extraordinary highs and shocking lows.

When its good, its really good... but when its not.... eh.

I personally like it. Not my favorite Fire Emblem, but its pretty nice.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well I actually have a long list of games I want to try out that's exclusive to the 3DS, Or at least to my knowledge:
-LoZ: MM Remake (A Few years back I was so close to beating the game and it was the first game I ever pre-ordered but I lost it, I want closure.)
-Animal Crossing New Leaf (I've been interested in the game for years now and with Isabelle in Smash what better time to play it than now)
-Whatever EO games Moydow suggests (I looked up the games and I like the art style at least)
-Bravely Second
-DQ Games (I would like to try the 3DS DQ games and try DQ one more time before giving my final call on the franchise, Which is why I'm considering picking up DQXI S)
-There are a lot of regular DS games I would like to have physically too (Kirby Super Star Ultra, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon Black 2/White 2, The OG Phoenix Wright Trilogy, Etc.)
-The 3DS Phoenix Wright Games (Like Animal Crossing New Leaf I've been interested in these games for a long time)
-A Link Between Worlds (Another game I've been interested in and almost played but I never got around to it and by the time I was ready to play it my original 3DS broke.)
-Wario Ware Gold (I've been interested in trying a Wario Ware game for a long time and I think Gold would be the perfect time to do so.)
-The 3DS Virtual Console
That's like at least 20+ games right there? Yeah I don't think my investment would be all too wasted and if I have spare money and if I ever have the chance I may as well get Fates just to complete the 3DS FE games if nothing else. And that's a maybe, I want to see how bad the game actually is.
While it's not exclusive to the 3DS, Woolly World is great and perhaps a better deal on that system than the Wii U version :yoshi:

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
now I'm confused :b
Basically, the ads were real in the sense that they did exist at some point. But somebody else used an advertisement program to make the ads, meaning they were not Nintendo official, and thus resulted in 404s when people tried to access them.

TL;DR The ads were real, but they were made by some random joe, not Nintendo, so they're not a leak.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Basically, the ads were real in the sense that they did exist at some point. But somebody else used an advertisement program to make the ads, meaning they were not Nintendo official, and thus resulted in 404s when people tried to access them.

TL;DR The ads were real, but they were made by some random joe, not Nintendo, so they're not a leak.
So...

Google ad leak yay or nay?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Alright so.

Eyes are burning. Head is spinning couple different directions, internal and external.

First thing Imma do is get a shower.

Second thing I do is gonna depend on whether I've got enough in me to work on something or if I just

1486319032_puppy-falling-asleep.gif

But we'll see how that is after the first thing.

Wish me luck.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
and yeah, just to return to my "google leak characters needed a very specific phrase whereas joker works with anything" bit:

1557993343721.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
-Bravely Second
-The 3DS Virtual Console
Just gonna make a little recommendation to play SMT4 considering you seem to be a fan of JRPGs with how many are on your list.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright so.

Eyes are burning. Head is spinning couple different directions, internal and external.

Second thing I do is gonna depend on whether I've got enough in me to work on something or if I just

Wish me luck.
You can do it! :kirby:

Twas naught but a jape.
I'm seriously considering not taking another leak that contains Banjo seriously before seeing him in Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm seriously considering not taking another leak that contains Banjo seriously before seeing him in Smash.
Buuuuuut it wouldn't be much of a leak to speculate about anymore at that point, though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright so.

View attachment 220815

Wish me luck.
Best of luck!

Maybe get some coffee.
02B56447-5401-4FC8-8065-8E4FE2EE9217.gif

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

I have questions regarding the legality of fake ads.

Meh, either way, it did generate a lot of interest in Artorias (mostly from some 4chan post back in February)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can do it! :kirby:

Seriously, "leaks" are getting more ridiculous with each time.

Meh, either way, it did generate a lot of interest in Artorias (mostly from some 4chan post back in February)
Here you go, its perfectly fine to do:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i also have questions about the legality of stealing a french guy's identity and potentially ruining his career just to rile up some randos online but hey ho

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
i also have questions about the legality of stealing a french guy's identity and potentially ruining his career just to rile up some randos online but hey ho
Remember that post talking about how the Grinch leak couldn't possibly be faked due to how elaborate it was, and it got, like, 200 likes?

I hella bought into the Grinch hype, and crashed hard during the November Direct.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Remember that post talking about how the Grinch leak couldn't possibly be faked due to how elaborate it was, and it got, like, 200 likes?

I hella bought into the Grinch hype, and crashed hard during the November Direct.
the grinch leak was the result of someone with too much time, and the google leak was the result of someone with too much money

now what happens if we get someone with too much time and money?

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
the grinch leak was the result of someone with too much time, and the google leak was the result of someone with too much money

We get the Smash leak equivalent of Thanos with all the Infinity Stones. An unstoppable force.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

AND talent?

An HD render, gameplay footage for a modded character, new original art, advertisements, the works...

All under a layer of bluriness and low resolution and boom.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
We get the Smash leak equivalent of Thanos with all the Infinity Stones. An unstoppable force.
i can't believe the laundry rack leaker actually paid off gamexplain and tansut to back up the gameplay video of hatsune miku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom