• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Back in 2006, I received an issue of Nintendo Power with the Zelda: Twilight Princess soundtrack.

Well... it has 8 tracks (one is an original for the soundtrack, the other 8 are before you cross the Bridge of Eldin) and that’s it.

Overall, I’ll stick to hearing the soundtrack on YouTube.
Nintendo's been cracking down on their music being on youtube so you'd better hurry.

Shroob

Sup?
What can even be said now besides that the long arm of the law needs to apprehend this ******?

We have the evidence.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait, if Breloom was lying about being a kid... then who was the kid in his face reveal he did a while ago?
Oh god
Well, since it was already dropped, might as well give you the whole story.

Brelooming Disaster was not a 13-year-old kid. He was a late-20-something man, who messaged a few underage users around here and forced them to roleplay erotic situations with him. I will not post the evidence in such a public space, but know that there is in fact physical evidence to support these claims.
This is literally way beyond ****ed up
Wait WHAT!?
Yeah this is not right at all

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know I'm kinda curious...

who were these alts, if you wouldn't mind PMing me?

I just got here right now and am... a bit lost.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think discord only lets you add people if you share a server. It's one of the many issues with the platform for serious discussion.

I love discord, but man there are some flaws.
You can add people outside of a server, but it's more that the user being added needs to allow that. In other words, it's backwards.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I tried a couple of times but it's not letting me add you.

I have no clue why, unless you have me blocked for some reason I don't know

In which case I'm sorry for whatever it was I did, I sincerely want to be able to make it up to you but if I can't you can always ask one of the other people here for a PM I guess
I'd like to be in this too, I'm in the process of following you

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Look I feel ashamed, looking back this **** was suspicious as hell. We bought the act of him being underage, I dunno why I wasn't suspicious of him not knowing what a fetish was considering the talks from the thread sometimes and that by his age I knew about that stuff.
...I defended him when people questioned why he didn't know the word.

I defended him because, as unusual as it was, I'm pretty sure my own sister didn't know those things back when she was 13. I thought the he might just have been sheltered.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm starting to wonder if I'm more naive then I think...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think discord only lets you add people if you share a server. It's one of the many issues with the platform for serious discussion.

I love discord, but man there are some flaws.
Nah it's a PM here, but the reason here was already cleared up.

And again everyone, I don't want to see all you friends I've made split up and leave because of this one

because of this one monster.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, this is truly a rather dark day on SmashBoards. It's a shame all this ended up happening...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Tonight and probably the next day or two, to be frank. Things are kinda intense right now with the Breloom issue.

That ****** is getting squashed. He's a piece of ****.
I'm glad to hear that action is being taken.

I didn't say it earlier, but I'll be tabling the issue for the time being.

Hopefully some good change comes out of this.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To my understanding, it’s not connected. As some of the “good mods” are saying, they didn’t know it was happening and the Faygo ban was “unfortunate timing”.

Until we have the facts of that, we have to try and find a path to...some sort of peace, whether it’s locking it temporarily or...I don’t even know.

What a day.

EDIT: While I don’t even know if I want to know who the alts are, I feel like I have a responsibility to know.

I’d like to apologize, not for any particular people but just that adults that are supposed to protect kids instead take advantage of them. I devote my career to helping students who live in poverty, and face so many different things everyday.

For somebody to legitimately prey on young people on a site they visit because of a ****ing video game...it’s calculated.

I can’t possibly imagine what that feels like. But there are people who could be considered “adults” that do care about you guys. Don’t forget that.
I don't know how much my word is worth or how much I can share, but it absolutely is unfortunate timing. I promise all of you on my reputation. It was.

But your post edit is my exact feeling. It happened offsite, the staff wasn't aware, but I still feel responsible. And extremely ****ty as a result.

And I'm just trying to stay active right here right now to make amends to everyone best way I can.

This is not what I expected when I became a mod.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know I'm kinda curious...

who were these alts, if you wouldn't mind PMing me?

I just got here right now and am... a bit lost.
I'm also confused as to who the alts are. And also disgusted.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This man is nothing more than a ****ed up coward who deserves no respect or love from anyone

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone already knows who the alts are if you just ask for the PM.

So is it really against the rules to just name drop them in public?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm sorry to @ShinyLegendary for staying silent when you were voicing your grievances. And I'm sorry for not saying my piece on this matter. This is distressing news as I wanted to lay my socializing on this site, but that may be compromised after all this.

Nevertheless, I'll try to stay and try to be a positive force on this site :yoshi:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Nintendo's been cracking down on their music being on youtube so you'd better hurry.
Yeah I guess I better hurry and listen.

Only other Nintendo CDs I have are Smashing... Live! and the Club Nintendo 3DS/Wii U soundtrack.

Non Nintendo Video game soundtracks I have are Call of Duty Black Ops zombies (from purchasing a specific DLC pack for the game) and Killer Instinct 2013 (from Definitive Edition Physical).

I would add to my library, but the biggest problem I have is no CD Drive in my MacBook Pro.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am echoing the other staff members as well that I am open to talk to those who may need it. This is a very trying time for everyone involved. As a father and a teacher, the actions that I have reading about absolutely disgust and disturb me. However, as a mod here, the fact that it happened to our own members without me knowing disgusts me even more. It makes me feel rotten inside.

I do want to encourage people to contact the staff concerning any sort of suspicious behavior or if you feel you were victimized in any way. We will try with our utmost best to help you and the communitybthat we love and care about. I also know it’s easy to lash out at people during times like this and that’s totally understandable. If you feel overwhelmed, please take some time off the site to collect your thoughts and try refresh yourself.

I apologize for not being as available/active as other staff and for not being more vigilant. I know I dropped the ball and I have only myself to blame.

You can find me on Discord at VenusoftheDesertBloom#1994 if you need someone to talk to.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I was just about to fall asleep when I was made aware of this. I don't even know if I can sleep tonight knowing that I witnessed what might be SmashBoards' worst incident.

As for this Social Thread, once this whole thing gets sorted out, shut this thread down and reboot it. And mods and admins, assuming this is the first time SmashBoards has had to deal with this ****, be prepared to have a lengthy discussion of the rules and policies in regards to such matters.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Yeah I guess I better hurry and listen.

Only other Nintendo CDs I have are Smashing... Live! and the Club Nintendo 3DS/Wii U soundtrack.

Non Nintendo Video game soundtracks I have are Call of Duty Black Ops zombies (from purchasing a specific DLC pack for the game) and Killer Instinct 2013 (from Definitive Edition Physical).

I would add to my library, but the biggest problem I have is no CD Drive in my MacBook Pro.
CD players are dirt cheap nowadays. I'm sure that you can find one for like 15 bucks at your local walmart.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
...I defended him when people questioned why he didn't know the word.

I defended him because, as unusual as it was, I'm pretty sure my own sister didn't know those things back when she was 13. I thought the he might just have been sheltered.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm starting to wonder if I'm more naive then I think...
We're all naiive

It's part of what makes all you dweebs so loveable

That makes us vulnerable, but that isn't wrong of us. We have empathy, and that's something Breloom will never have.

You know, anywhere from 1-6% of the population is made up of clinical sociopaths. Considering the number of users here and that three were swept out at once with this, there might be one or two other secret monsters in our midst but just with this we've mostly cleared out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stay strong, everyone. Now more than ever.

And whatever you do, whether you're a victim, a staff member, or just a bystander, don't blame yourselves. This blindsided everyone.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This truly is a terrible moment, but look at the silver lining. We managed to out him and get all of his alts out of this site before he could victimize anyone else.

We are also currently working on getting him IP banned from Discord.

Shroob

Sup?

And whatever you do, whether you're a victim, a staff member, or just a bystander, don't blame yourselves. This blindsided everyone.
He played everyone for the fool.

This is legit sociopath behavior.

Iridium

Smash Hero
He did the same with me and him being suicidal on one of his other accounts. I've never even seen a pile of human refuse mounded up so high.
Not sure if we're remembering the same thing here, but I definitely recall one of those accounts doing that at the NZ social. I put my heart into trying to make whoever that was feel better, and I feel like I did it for nothing. I was fortunate to never get approached by any of them.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Words can't describe how awful this whole ordeal is. But please don't drown in guilt because of it. For whatever reason it was, don't blame yourself. The only one who deserves to have their name dragged through mud is him.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Looking back on my PMs with him, I wish I had felt something was wrong, it should’ve been obvious. I feel like such an idiot.
You’re not an idiot. This person was just great at hiding his true self, hunting down the innocent like they’re just food...what a pathetic man

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Grey, it's not your fault. You knew nothing of this before now. You can't blame yourself.
I'm not blaming myself at all. I'm saying sorry as a moderator for the events that transpired regardless of fault.

I'm going to spend my night trying to make it right in whatever ways possible.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If this is allowed... how was it found out that they were his alts?
He confessed to it himself. We had our suspicions well before then, but the confession sure helped.

D

Deleted member

I can't claim to be involved or know the whole situation since I only lurk nowadays, but I'm sincerely sorry to anyone who's been manipulated and/or abused by someone so evil. It's sad to see so many of you broken up by this situation, and it's a shame that it was ever able to get this far.
If someone could PM me who his alts were I'd appreciate it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Words can't describe how awful this whole ordeal is. But please don't drown in guilt because of it. For whatever reason it was, don't blame yourself. The only one who deserves to have their name dragged through mud is him.
Him, the second him, and the third him.

Who are all the same guy.

So still just him.

Three Names McGee

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

oh fam, I aint blaming myself for nothing, Why feel blame when I have enough disappointment that is now raw. organic anger? And, if you know me, Im rarely this pissed off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom