• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mobile is so weird to use but no one has come into work for the past hour and I got nothing to do

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean i’ll be completely honest. I think the more we tell people what they’re allowed/not allowed to say or do, the more we label people because of the things they say or do, the more negative things become.

Are there a lot of issues that need fixing in the world today? Absolutely. None of those problems will be solved overnight, none of them will be solved by telling the internet stranger that they’re “racist, homophobic, sexist” or any of the other bad stuff, and nothing will change if we don’t stand up for it.

I was thinking about it, and it’s a damn good thing younger people are speaking up, because things would be on a worse path if people weren’t speaking up. I do believe in this process though, something has to change in terms of inclusivity.

Inclusivity, I mean, by including everybody. Even that racist uncle. Include the people who need to change, because if you don’t, and you cast them out because they aren’t as likable or don’t fit what the average person should be, then they won’t learn from the conversation.

That’s why I think much of social media has broken up into echo chambers, and while those chambers can be extremely cozy they’re...not so great for societal progress. We have to find reasons to like each other, and then work on the bad stuff.

Telling a person things they do are bad, without considering the why or how, and then helping them change the behavior is what makes angry/sad people angrier or sadder. We all just want to be happy. Help people be happy, you know?
Hell yeah im all for people fighting for what they believe in, but I’ve never really been a huge fan of, say, someone calling me an idiot or a bigot after saying something without explaining why or something

Y’all know me. Last thing I want to do is to come off as a bigot, or what have you, and if I make a mistake, id like to know about it... just calling me something doesn’t really help anything

I was just using myself as a placeholder example, but yeah. I firmly believe we culturally progress quicker with proper communication (after all, we can do that better and better when time goes on).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
PsySmasher PsySmasher
Now you got to do that thing you said you would do if you got 10k likes!
Oh ****. Someone actually remembered that.

Uh...

I'll get back to you on that.

Welp, I promised that at 10K likes, I'd show off my own art. So...

BEHOLD MY MASTERPIECE:
IMG_3564.JPG

His name is Jeff.

OK, seriously if you wanna see a piece of my art, here's something I threw together in Illustrator in like... an hour:
Cartoon (Mega Rayquaza)- Elijah Harris copy.png

Still a beginner when it comes to art, but I think it came out... OK-ish.

Noipoi

Howdy!

BEHOLD MY MASTERPIECE:
View attachment 211811

His name is Jeff.

OK, seriously if you wanna see a piece of my art, here's something I threw together in Illustrator in like... an hour:
View attachment 211813

That's a top tier drawing

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
SF proportions have always been ****ing weird. It's part of its distinct visual style, though.

I do like it, and I think SFV basically looks like a much better version of SFIV, but whenever they make SFVI they should really consider a design overhaul.
They should hire whoever was in charge of designing those characters in Ultimate.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I just noticed these scans and FByleth's outfit doesn't look so *** here

Edgelord looking smug with her Hawaiian Punch tights.
That Sothis art though ... yikes. I’m excited for Three Houses but at the same time this game has already has so many red flags.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

BEHOLD MY MASTERPIECE:
View attachment 211811

His name is Jeff.

View attachment 211813

yo that's some pretty af ****

the rayquaza drawing's alright, too

D

Deleted member

Eugh, public pools... After all the horror stories I've heard about them, I've avoided them like the plague any time I'm out on vacation...

Underaged characters? Alright fine, that I get. I respectively disagree with the rest though. It's not that black and white.

...What? Was it because I said he was Mesopotamian? :v
I really don't see how objectification can be good how is this not a black-and-white issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

BEHOLD MY MASTERPIECE:
View attachment 211811

His name is Jeff.

View attachment 211813

You sure that's not official art?

Also I think I found your Reddit lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Unpopular opinion, but I'll give credit where credit is due: Those designs look rad.

Wait, what? That has got to be a lie...
I admit I **** a lot on the designs when they were recently shown, mostly FByleth as it looked boxy and tacky (well it was ingame, but still) but here everything looks much better and polished, specially the hair, her face needs some work, but if these are in general the final character designs then they are pretty cool.
Also Byleth was my last lewd, I someone wants to see it just tell me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I really don't see how objectification can be good how is this not a black-and-white issue?
I think the miscommunication here is a differing in understanding of what “objectification” is in the context of a fictional character.

It would probably help if you explained- I’m all for civil conversation if we can all educate each other.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
KH3 Critical Mode releases in an hour and while I'm not at home and can't play it I'm excited to see what abilities they add.

Hopefully they nerf Attractions since that ****'s broken in base game.

I'm already happy they allow you to carry over Keyblades, so let's hope they provide some more good ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am thinking about getting realms...
If so, would you all like to see what my Hardcore World looks like?

D

Deleted member

I think the miscommunication here is a differing in understanding of what “objectification” is in the context of a fictional character.

It would probably help if you explained- I’m all for civil conversation if we can all educate each other.
In that case
Objectification
"the action of degrading someone to the status of a mere object."
"Degrading" is the key word here, which means to disrespect someone or, in this case, a group of people. And more especifically, this means the disrespectful treatment of female characters through degrading them into mere sex objects.

D

Deleted member

BEHOLD MY MASTERPIECE:
View attachment 211811

His name is Jeff.

View attachment 211813

That Rayquaza looks really good!

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
started the world ends with you recently. So far, I really like it but everything's waaay more complicated than I ever thought it could be. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this though, very interesting story

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In that case
Objectification
"the action of degrading someone to the status of a mere object."
"Degrading" is the key word here, which means to disrespect someone or, in this case, a group of people. And more especifically, this means the disrespectful treatment of female characters through degrading them into mere sex objects.
So, in this case it it’s black and white a character would either be a sex object, or not a sex object, right?

I... really don’t follow how that translates to Yaomomo. I’d get it if her entire personality is **** and being perversion object, and I’m not saying she isn’t one, but isn’t there a whole lot to her character besides that? Like... unless I missed something it’s a pretty minor part of her character to begin with.

Eh, but maybe I’m just kinda stupid at this kinda thing. I honestly really don’t mean any harm by this

Boi you know that's a lie
nah. I’m serious. People can have conversations and stay calm lol... or maybe it’s just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom