• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyways 19th wouldn't make sense because of Jane and the idle pose is suspect so yeah probably fake.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m going to assume nobody’s talked about this yet.
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1555332041846.png
Thoughts?
These are pretty safe claims since I have no real way of going about disproving any of ‘em, and we know Joker and Mementos, and stage builder, are going to be in already.
If you spent 5 minutes thinking about what joker might possibly do, and what mementos might be, you might end up along the same lines.
“Joker’s down throw is like when he rips off an enemy mask” “his victory theme is his victory theme and his animation is his victory animation” etc.

D

Deleted member

Something about the stage background looks super cheap, can’t put my finger on it but it just does look that way
Also, why is Joker facing the screen? TBH this could very easily be faked.

Also, I'm not quite sure Atlus would want Joker's stage to spoil P5's endgame. That would be really weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

My dark circles are becoming increasingly dark. Not a good look… I’ve been sleeping relatively well, too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Something about the stage background looks super cheap, can’t put my finger on it but it just does look that way
Perhaps it’s due to the perspective, or the filter, or what have you- but it looks like a Paper Mario environment lmao

D

Deleted member

Duel Smash sounds dumb either way because what's the point of an items on version of a 1v1 FD-only mode and it's also strictly worse than Quickplay anyways as long as it has no BF forms.

D

Deleted member

I’m going to assume nobody’s talked about this yet.
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1555332041846.png
Thoughts?
The Idle animation is pretty suspicious and something about the image is off somehow I can't quite put my finger on it but it's also quite sus..

Not to mention that all of these are very safe predictions except for Duel Smash which doesn't seem real I can't debunk that part but it came out of nowhere and it's weird.

This entire thing just seems suspicious though I can't quite debunk it either way.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>that crunchy *** stage background
View attachment 208662
Honestly if this is real somehow, I’m pretty sure it’ll end up looking better in the game.
Also, why is Joker facing the screen? TBH this could very easily be faked.

Also, I'm not quite sure Atlus would want Joker's stage to spoil P5's endgame. That would be really weird.
official media has had characters face the camera before.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
People are ignoring the biggest flaw here, and that’s that the stage is the final dungeon of the game.
Sakurai might not care that much about spoilers but I seriously doubt he’d spoil the ending of a game that isn’t even on the Switch like that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well I already went ahead and started saving my replays. I do think they'll give us a warning ahead of time before the update drops but I'd rather get that done and over with sooner then later anyway.

I've got a handful of fun Bowser and Ridley clips. I'm planning on making a mixed :ultbowser::ultcharizard::ultridley: mini-montage at some point today or tomorrow. Even if my last montage never took off I'm still a little excited to share it though, so here's a little sneak peak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People are ignoring the biggest flaw here, and that’s that the stage is the final dungeon of the game.
Sakurai might not care that much about spoilers but I seriously doubt he’d spoil the ending of a game that isn’t even on the Switch like that.
Yeah like

Character spoilers is nothing to Sakurai, like with Mecha-Fiora being added to Shulk’s Final Smash, Palutena casually name dropping the Chaos Kin in her trailer, and Lucas’s entire Brawl Trophy description

But stages? Especially third party stages, having spoilers? To my knowledge that hasn’t been done before

(FYI I don’t count New Pork City as such an area, it’s only the final town)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah like

Character spoilers is nothing to Sakurai, like with Mecha-Fiora being added to Shulk’s Final Smash, Palutena casually name dropping the Chaos Kin in her trailer, and Lucas’s entire Brawl Trophy description

But stages? Especially third party stages, having spoilers? To my knowledge that hasn’t been done before

(FYI I don’t count New Pork City as such an area, it’s only the final town)
It's not even minor spoilers either. It's legit the final act of the game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Does the Gecko, Rex & Ray on Shadow Moses count as a spoiler for MGS4?:4gaw:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
im not changing this

chris evans' face cgi'd onto this skinny little kid was the most unnerving ****
Skinny Rogers was perfectly balanced
It's been like 2 minutes since he retired what do you mean 'still'?
...50 years have passed...
Oh c'mon it wasn't that bad, right?

Therapist: "Skinny Chris Evans isn't real. He can't hurt you"
Skinny Chris Evans:
View attachment 208650

This thread can't go two minutes without Smash news, 2 minutes are, like, 10 Hunter x Hunter episodes to them
Skinny Steve was well done imo
So... he's gone.

I sensed the light fading from the world.
All hope is lost. With Reggie gone... We have to have faith in who we have left.
Sakurai, Anouma and Miyamoto.
Can you fulfil the role of Reggie? I hope so, for all our sakes.
We need a hero to save us now
Marvel...do this now
I mean, if we're being technical, Sakurai hasn't worked at Nintendo in a very long time. He's a freelancer.
HE’S STILL NINTENDO TO US DAMMIT!!!!
I’ll believe it just because
Sakurai doesn't care for spoilers

D

Deleted member

Sakurai really doesn't care for spoilers, this man spoiled Sheik and Mecha Fiora, he yearns for the possibility of spoiling games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, the Shadow Moses is clearly based on the MGS1 version.
Yeah but the Gecko didn't exist back then, and neither is Ray, like I get what you're saying, but those two were cleary put here as spoilers for MGS4, not that anyone paid attention to it at the time, mind you.

Roberk

Smash Champion
After seeing Xenoblade trohpies, spirits, and Shulk’s Final Smash, I highly doubt Sakurai cares about spoilers.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah but the Gecko didn't exist back then, and neither is Ray, like I get what you're saying, but those two were cleary put here as spoilers for MGS4, not that anyone paid attention to it at the time, mind you.
Gekkos appear in the first act, like they were from 4 yes but I wouldn't say they were spoilers in 4 because I don't think anyone predicted we'd be going back to Shadow Moses in it. Ray also could just be seen as a 2 reference.

Snake in Smash is still such a weird amalgamation of every game in the series. I love it. It makes no sense and isn't accurate at all and yet it's perfect.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random question

IF Brave is indeed Erdrick or some other third party character, wouldn’t it make more sense to reveal them at E3? It’s literally only 2 months away

And yes I am completely aware that Cloud and Bayonetta were non-E3 third party reveals, but again, E3 is rather close and Brave is the second datamined placeholder

D

Deleted member

Beat Concrete Man. That third elephant is truly awful. If you get damged by the ball you're pretty much guaranteed to get sucked into the hole and die. Concrete Man even with the Lazer Trident is still a pretty tough boss, you really have to dodge the concrete shots.
Now it's on to the Wily stages. Can I just quickly mention that this game's OST is a banger?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If the Shadow Moses stage spoiled MGS4, it was in a subtle way - Shadow Moses hadn't even been announced as returning in MGS4 when the Smash Bros. stage was made, (the announcement video for that reveal included Smash footage) and the inclusion of other Metal Gears could easily be seen as a fun easter egg, or a way to add some variety to the background.

There's a big difference between that and including the final area of a lengthy RPG as a Smash Bros. stage (I haven't finished Persona 5 yet, so I don't know the stage or its significance) - Smash tends to lean towards early game material with its third party stages (Cloud got Midgar, the first area in FF7; all of Sonic's stages have been intro stages), with Mega Man being the only exception that I can think of.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Random question

IF Brave is indeed Erdrick or some other third party character, wouldn’t it make more sense to reveal them at E3? It’s literally only 2 months away

And yes I am completely aware that Cloud and Bayonetta were non-E3 third party reveals, but again, E3 is rather close and Brave is the second datamined placeholder
I kinda think Brave will be revealed outside of E3, Erdrick is such a Japan-centric character I just don’t think he’d get hype out of an American convention.

D

Deleted member

Random question

I'm still thinking we're not getting anything more than 3.0.0 and Joker this month.

May is gonna be completely silent, as usual. E3 will be a month away by then, it makes more sense for Nintendo to wait and potentially have Erdrick be an "Available now!" reveal akin to Ryu and Roy.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Random question

i'm skeptical because erdrick doesn't seem that recognisable a character for a western-only gaming event

half the reason 'microsoft or bethesda rep at e3' caught on is because it's so western focused

D

Deleted member

I kinda think Brave will be revealed outside of E3, Erdrick is such a Japan-centric character I just don’t think he’d get hype out of an American convention.
Brave (clap) is (clap) Chocobo (clap)

Last edited by a moderator:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I kind of wish they cared LESS about spoilers so we could get some cooler stages TBH.
I'm a tad disappointed by the amount of "Level 1" stages in Smash, as games often save the coolest areas for the endgame.

Like the various Bowser's Castles/Worlds/Planets. Or imagine getting a Hyrule Castle stage from BotW instead of the starting field. Or any of the cool Metroid Prime areas that aren't the ship you spend five minutes on at the start of the game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kind of wish they cared LESS about spoilers so we could get some cooler stages TBH.
I'm a tad disappointed by the amount of "Level 1" stages in Smash, as games often save the coolest areas for the endgame.

Like the various Bowser's Castles/Worlds/Planets. Or imagine getting a Hyrule Castle stage from BotW instead of the starting field. Or any of the cool Metroid Prime areas that aren't the ship you spend five minutes on at the start of the game.
At least Green Hill Zone and Midgar are very iconic for the series they came from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom