• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is how Ant Man's actually going to defeat Thanos. Not by entering his grimace down under, but by growing giant and having captain marvel repeatedly smash him into thanos like a club.
alternatively, he makes captain marvel small and puts her in thanos' ass. then she kills him by using his intestines as a club

D

Deleted member

I’d say you really shouldn’t expect anything to change from how Reggie ran things.
Doug’s probably just gonna be Reggie 2.
Reggie didn't have any overly major say in what Nintendo as a whole did either, though. His decisions were more about marketing, not what games were made or how services worked. That's all decided by NoJ.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Alternate universe where Erdrick was announced first and Joker was announced later so this hellwait ends up never actually happening and update 3.0 is out by now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alternate universe where Erdrick was announced first and Joker was announced later so this hellwait ends up never actually happening and update 3.0 is out by now.
Man, we're lucky that we live in the one where ATLUS is a mega corp that can order around Nintendo.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This wait is nothing compared to the gap between Ryu and Cloud. You'll be fine.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
This wait is nothing compared to the gap between Ryu and Cloud. You'll be fine.
The thing is though, back during the Sm4sh days we had no clue whether new content was coming or not. The definitive end was when Sakurai said Bayo was the last fighter reveal. There was a point in time where most people were convinced Cloud won the ballot.
We KNOW there’s more content coming, and exactly how much content there is that’ll be coming, and I feel like that makes the wait worse than if we didn’t know anything.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
yeah, If only twitter would listen to its users for once pff. At least I can retweet r-18 stuff and not get in trouble. Tho you didnt mind I retweeted it right?
It doesn’t bother me, you’re not the only one I follow that does. lol

The thing is though, back during the Sm4sh days we had no clue whether new content was coming or not. The definitive end was when Sakurai said Bayo was the last fighter reveal. There was a point in time where most people were convinced Cloud won the ballot.
We KNOW there’s more content coming, and exactly how much content there is that’ll be coming, and I feel like that makes the wait worse than if we didn’t know anything.
Honestly I thought Roy and Ryu were the final dlc characters for a while.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
It doesn’t bother me, you’re not the only one I follow that does. lol

Honestly I thought Roy and Ryu were the final dlc characters for a while.
The only character we knew for certain was gonna be coming was the ballot winner, and we had no way of knowing who that would end up being.

D

Deleted member

Man, we're lucky that we live in the one where ATLUS is a mega corp that can order around Nintendo.
I imagine it's more respect than ordering around. Probably a request from Atlus that Nintendo waits a little while so that it doesn't complicate things at PSL. There's also the potential for different legal agreements in Nintendo and Atlus' deal for Joker that Atlus has some say in how they proceed with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Y'all there should be 10 days left at most. You can survive.

D

Deleted member

Yup. I'm good to wait; we've gone so long without seeing gameplay of him and are now so close to his launch that it doesn't really matter to me if we get prerelease footage. We'll most likely be playing Joker for ourselves in a little over another week, maybe two at most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wait, how in the name of hell is someone convinced that Cloud is the ballot winner, when he was never specified as such, and right after his trailer it's announced that there will be a broadcast in December?

I don't see where such uncertainty comes from in general. We knew we were getting a ballot character at the very least, the problem was that we didn't know when we would get such information. That made the wait way worse, because there was no end in sight. Here however, we have a deadline. That's much better than living in the dark during the 4 DLC era.

D

Deleted member

sonic is a horrible little rat. he is a danger to all. he spins around and kills fish and other things. he is very careless. i would think he would have landed on his neck and broken it one of the times from being so hyperactive. dr eggman should call animal control and say “hello some blue rascal hedge is after me and killing things” and they could come and lock him up. gremlin man sonic.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Wait, how in the name of hell is someone convinced that Cloud is the ballot winner, when he was never specified as such, and right after his trailer it's announced that there will be a broadcast in December?

I don't see where such uncertainty comes from in general. We knew we were getting a ballot character at the very least, the problem was that we didn't know when we would get such information. That made the wait way worse, because there was no end in sight. Here however, we have a deadline. That's much better than living in the dark during the 4 DLC era.
Knowing we’re getting more info but not knowing when we’re getting it is worse than just not knowing anything period. On paper it sounds better, but in practice it just makes the wait worse.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
cars have four wheels

obviously this means that knuckles can use his penis as a wheel and drive himself around with it
As a result, whenever people get his assist trophy in battle, the player is required to throw their Switch into a pond

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm actually not all too distressed over Reggie leaving. He's retiring because he wants to. It's not like he's dead or anything.

Besides, the company is in good hands.
King Bowser.jpg

...I think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Splash Woman's stage is mostly alright, but it's token 'oh god what the ****' section is the bit near the end with the water platforms. You have to be really precise with you jumps to actually land and one missed jump means spikes. Splash Woman isn't super hard but her lazer trident does a ****ton of damage.
I like Splash Woman's design even if it is a bit generic, but I'm surprised we haven't gotten another female robot master yet. The only other one we have is only in an arcade spin off.

D

Deleted member

I only just bought the Fighters Pass yesterday and even then I'm not very hyped for Joker sure I look forward to using him but he's not a Character I'm dying for.

So yeah totally.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Knowing we’re getting more info but not knowing when we’re getting it is worse than just not knowing anything period. On paper it sounds better, but in practice it just makes the wait worse.
We have a deadline though. The only question is how far before said deadline may we get that info. In the Smash 4 era, we knew we would get info eventually, but we knew absolutely nothing about when that would happen. Going by your own logic, this wait is much better still.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
To kickstart today's **** no one cares hype about because expectations are a lovely thing:

I can't believe they're adding Capcom to the Capcom fighting game series.

Have you tried yelling into your humidifier? It always works for me.

View attachment 208648
I have in fact tried this. It didn't go well because my humidifier is shaped like an owl, and my dog doesn't appreciate it when I fight with its best friend.

D

Deleted member

To kickstart today's **** no one cares hype about because expectations are a lovely thing:

I have in fact tried this. It didn't go well because my humidifier is shaped like an owl, and my dog doesn't appreciate it when I fight with its best friend.
I am trying very hard to keep my expectations in check here but if it's actually some sort of capcom crossover fighting game then hnggggggh.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m going to assume nobody’s talked about this yet.
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1555332041846.png
Thoughts?
Only says 19th for Japan, not worldwide... no mention of a direct or any other potential newcomer either, though if that’s the case we may not even GET a direct, it’ll be just bam, here’s Joker, like they did with Piranha Plant

Can’t see anything blatantly fake but I’ll still take it with a grain of salt

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

They're adding Even More Violent Ken to their next game!

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Idea: What if they did updates the way TF2 did them where they set up a whole webpage with an overview of the update, and over the course of three days the webpage is updated more until finally Joker’s reveal trailer is shown and the update is released?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
On second thought, Duel Smash does sound pretty suspect. And it’s still funny the leaker only said the release date for Japan and not the rest of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom