• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Someone say something.
The silence is killing me.

Uhh, the weather’s not too bad at the moment, huh?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway to go back a few pages
Anyone here interested in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Endgame? So far we know we're getting a Spider-Man sequel, a Black Widow movie, a movie about the Eternals, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and a movie about Shang-Chi. It's also highly likely we will be getting Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel sequels. Iron Man and Cap are most likely not going to be main characters in upcoming films.

With Disney's acquisition of Fox's Marvel characters, they can now also include the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and other cosmic characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus. The latter two's inclusion would make sense because it was confirmed that MCU movies would be focusing more on cosmic stuff. And theoretically, Deadpool can also fit in somewhere after Disney figures out how they're going to implement him.
Honestly there's not much confirmed that's interesting to me. Far From Home's there but the rest of the confirmed movies don't interest me at all. Though if Shuri and Kamala Khan get movies I'll absolutely check them out. X Men and Fantastic Four would be dope too

D

Deleted member

I'm getting it on the 24th and I'm currently planning a night out with friends for it. The movie will be terrible if they just undo the snap though
I’m getting it on the 24th too, I intend to go to the first screening available at 10:00am, just like Infinity War.
Another problem is that it’ll also be terrible if they do a crappy time travel thingy and fix it that way too… I’ve got faith in the Russo brothers, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried..

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’m getting it on the 24th too, I intend to go to the first screening available at 10:00am, just like Infinity War.
Another problem is that it’ll also be terrible if they do a crappy time travel thingy and fix it that way too… I’ve got faith is the Russo brothers, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried..
Ok turns out I actually get it on the 23rd lol

I dunno but all that build up for over 5 years is likely wasted as we know BP2 and Far From Home exist

D

Deleted member

Ok turns out I actually get it on the 23rd lol

I dunno but all that build up for over 5 years is likely wasted as we know BP2 and Far From Home exist
I’m really concerned about it, but I’ve got a feeling it’ll be good.
Turns out the first screening will be at 7:30am.
Early morning, considering it’s during the holidays. Oh well.
It’s interesting to see that Thanos appears to be wearing his armour this time.

D

Deleted member

I’m really concerned about it, but I’ve got a feeling it’ll be good.
Turns out the first screening will be at 7:30am.
Early morning, considering it’s during the holidays. Oh well.
It’s interesting to see that Thanos appears to be wearing his armour this time.
It’s seeing your friend without their glasses for the first time. /s

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not especially craving for news but something new to talk about would be nice. I'm tired of Banjo thread spending pages on explaning why their childish jabs at Steve are not childish.

Honestly there's not much confirmed that's interesting to me. Far From Home's there but the rest of the confirmed movies don't interest me at all. Though if Shuri and Kamala Khan get movies I'll absolutely check them out. X Men and Fantastic Four would be dope too
Ms. Marvel Gang, represent.

D

Deleted member

I'm not especially craving for news but something new to talk about would be nice. I'm tired of Banjo thread spending pages on explaning why their childish jabs at Steve are not childish.

What are some of these jabs? You’ve peaked my curiosity. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I’m dying for some casual conversation I can contribute to.

D

Deleted member

Broke: waiting for MCU movies after Endgame
Woke: waiting for Spider-Verse to become its own animated cinematic universe with each film having a differing animation style

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So like, where do all you people live? Not addresses or anything, but how diverse is the cultural user base here?
The Netherlands, a beatifull stamp-sized mudpool below sea level.
We're about 5 Times the size of New York city, maybe even less, but we have more different cultures within ours then the entire US somehow.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 208386

Like, even if we're not personally interested in it, we're far more invested in what you have to say about it than you posting things you don't know about and don't intend to know about.

Hell, I don't have ANY interest in FNAF, but I'd rather hear taylorf talk about some creepy animal mascot robots than him post a picture of Mara and be like "haha funny green penis demon xddDD"
haha funny green penis demon xddDD

Jokes aside, I hope I don’t talk about FNAF to much. xD I suppose it’s a game I’m more involved with the community, but I’m trying to get more involved with the Nintendo community in general by coming places like here.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Yeah Avengers is fun and all but I cannot wait until we finally get to see a good Fantastic Four movie. Some of my favorite characters in comic history, amazing villains, so much potential, and finally coexisting in the MCU. I hope F4 is at least teased in some way during Endgame, like Spider-Man was in Ant-Man.

I am here for that too, Kamela Khan is awesome, Ms. Marvel Gang rise up

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, you know those leaked images of Thanos’ sword?
Well, LEGO knew about it all along. No wonder they gave him that giant butter knife.
9CFB0C4B-4342-487C-8F12-FFAF341F18E2.jpeg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So speaking of Marvel, I was rereading Nick Spencer's run of Ant-Man since it's one of my favorites. And what a lot of people don't know is that one particular thing from it actually made it into the MCU, despite how recent the run was.

Scott starting a security business run by ex-cons actually comes directly from the Spencer run. In Ant-Man and the Wasp, the company was known as X-Con, but in the comic it had a different name, as Scott legally can't operate under the Ant-Man name in the MCU due to the Sokovia Accords.

But after rereading it, I remembered its original name, and the very same joke the comic made of it.

image.jpeg

Guys. The key to Thanos's defeat has been out in the open for years now.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You know when you see an image on the internet and it becomes an obsession?

D

Deleted member

Well, back to playing Mega Man 9.
I really like the theming of Tornado Man's level. Each section represents a different form of weather: Sunny, snow, rain, windy, and thunderstorm. Those sections in the rain are ****ers though. My heart skipped a beat every time I had to make a jump and was pushed back. Tornado Man himself is pretty easy though. His design is actually pretty cool, but something about those like, antlers on his head bother me.

D

Deleted member

Anyone here interested in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Endgame? So far we know we're getting a Spider-Man sequel, a Black Widow movie, a movie about the Eternals, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and a movie about Shang-Chi. It's also highly likely we will be getting Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel sequels. Iron Man and Cap are most likely not going to be main characters in upcoming films.

With Disney's acquisition of Fox's Marvel characters, they can now also include the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and other cosmic characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus. The latter two's inclusion would make sense because it was confirmed that MCU movies would be focusing more on cosmic stuff. And theoretically, Deadpool can also fit in somewhere after Disney figures out how they're going to implement him.
late reply buuuuut

i would really like them to set up more of the marvel cosmos after endgame, since we've been focusing on earth basically this whole time outside of gotg and thor at times

granted looks like they're taking things a bit slow after endgame, probably as a palette cleanser with just a bunch of solo movies and introducing some new guys, but i'm alright with that because they probably need to set up the future of the mcu before they head into the big stuff so they don't run into a justice league problem

but i'm super interested in the eternals despite knowing **** about them and i ****ing love peter and t'challa so hmu with that far from home and black panther two

shang-chi is also gonna be pretty cool just by sheer virtue of introducing a new character, buuuut i'm not super interested in a black widow movie unless she's more in line with the russo's portrayal of her yeah

i'll care about doctor strange two more if it's not just kung-fu with magic weapons and like, actual magic and the such like what we saw from him in infinity war

and i do feel like gotg 3 could be our first tease of the greater marvel cosmos, like with a galactus post credits scene or some mention of silver surfer or hell even just galactus or some **** in the story just **** my **** up fam

ofc x-men would be hype but i wouldn't expect them for a while since it'll take some time for them to integrate them into the mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom