• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

guys who's futaba

i just got her spirit and i love her even though i have no idea who she is

i need to play persona 5

D

Deleted member

Yeah. But Mishima said that their parents KNEW. And they’re keeping quiet. That doesn’t make any sense.
Likely a case of cultural differences combined with indifference and fear. It's not uncommon in America for parents to tell their kids to suck it up, so imagine what it's like in Japan's more rigid society.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know they won’t be...
and then we’ll have another “BUT WHY” vs “BE GRATEFUL” war :p
See, here’s the thing. Both sides have valid points, but it’s not like both sides can’t coexist.

Should people be calling for firings because they can’t play an update for a video game, which is a luxury as it is? No, that goes without saying.

However, should folks be saying, “lol deal with it and stop complaining”? That’s a no as well.

For some people, it’s easier said than done to just “deal with it”. I stayed up until almost 1am like an idiot because I just wanted to play. I get overly hyped for anything Smash because it’s been my favorite since 64, and Persona 5 has recently become a favorite of mine. To see those two come together, especially after the mini-Direct, I was excited. Then I...couldn’t play that at all yesterday.

Neither extreme is ok in that situation. I will also say, I think there’s absolutely a thing on either side that lends itself to people trying to “take a stand” on either side and get “clout”. Some folks want to look like a good person or the “right” person, whereas it’s a gray issue with a gray solution.

Yes, being impatient won’t make it go any faster and neither will complaining. But at the end of the day, these sorts of issues with the online are too common and shouldn’t be a problem in the first place. That’s all anyone, especially me, has been saying.

osby

Smash Obsessed
guys who's futaba

i just got her spirit and i love her even though i have no idea who she is

i need to play persona 5
Hacker gremlin girl who gone through some hard ****, easily one of my favorite characters in Persona.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ok. Still watching through Persona 5. I get the teachers not reporting Kamoshida, but the parents!?! Is this another cultural divide? Because I can’t imagine a parent who’d willingly keep quiet about a teacher abusing their kid.
Coming from the south in a southern town where football was everything and even the parents acted like they were on the team?

I could fully believe that plot point.

D

Deleted member

See, here’s the thing. Both sides have valid points, but it’s not like both sides can’t coexist.

Should people be calling for firings because they can’t play an update for a video game, which is a luxury as it is? No, that goes without saying.

However, should folks be saying, “lol deal with it and stop complaining”? That’s a no as well.

For some people, it’s easier said than done to just “deal with it”. I stayed up until almost 1am like an idiot because I just wanted to play. I get overly hyped for anything Smash because it’s been my favorite since 64, and Persona 5 has recently become a favorite of mine. To see those two come together, especially after the mini-Direct, I was excited. Then I...couldn’t play that at all yesterday.

Neither extreme is ok in that situation. I will also say, I think there’s absolutely a thing on either side that lends itself to people trying to “take a stand” on either side and get “clout”. Some folks want to look like a good person or the “right” person, whereas it’s a gray issue with a gray solution.

Yes, being impatient won’t make it go any faster and neither will complaining. But at the end of the day, these sorts of issues with the online are too common and shouldn’t be a problem in the first place. That’s all anyone, especially me, has been saying.
Couldn't people just do the third option and just go to bed or work on homework? Maybe I was too tired yesterday to Smash :laugh:

Coming from the south in a southern town where football was everything and even the parents acted like they were on the team?

I could fully believe that plot point.
Given the sports scandals we some times see on the news, it sure is a thing that happens but we just don't see it SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 . A running theme in Persona 5 really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
guys who's yusuke

i just got his spirit and i love him even though i have no idea who he is
He has fangirls irl

i merely talk about the extremes

If everyone was somewhere in the middle I doubt we’d be constantly arguing in extremes in this thread as much haha. Which is virtually all the time honestly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yo **** these caroline and justine assholes and their stupid ****ing spirit battle

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ann is best girl in Persona 5. That's why they have you meet her first.

Leading with the best, finishing with the rest.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Sorry to drag this back up from a few pages ago but I never got to respond.
Did you read @staindgrey's argument?

Nintendo is catering to both "new and existing" fans of Smash Bros. Banjo would be a concession to those core fans who might be alienated by the other DLC picks.
When it comes to Smash DLC picks, Super Successful Mainstream Characters >>>>>>> Characters Popular in the Fan Community.

This is something that I learned when I saw Cloud as a fighter and Geno as a costume. Now this doesn't mean Banjo won't get in. He might. But I'm still betting on Minecraft. If the only argument for Banjo over Minecraft is "it's what the fans want" then I'm sorry but that's not good enough. I learned over the years that when it comes to Smash, the fans only sometimes get what they want. And sometimes it takes years and years before it happens. :ultridley:

All I'm saying is, it might happen but it's more likely that Mainstream will win over Core Fans.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I told you guys that stage builder is much better this time around.

Anyways, I'm glad people are making much more dynamic stages than they did in Smash 4 and Brawl, it's no Mario Maker, but it's pretty servicable.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I told you guys that stage builder is much better this time around.

Anyways, I'm glad people are making much more dynamic stages than they did in Smash 4 and Brawl, it's no Mario Maker, but it's pretty servicable.
It's much better yeah, but a copy-and-pasta option is a must in the future. Alongside other stuff but this is the big one imo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
...What's wrong with this dialogue, again?
You got me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a little flowery but it's grammatically correct and a valid statement.

Could he have said "Is that the cat everyone's been talking about?"? Yes, but he didn't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To answer someone's question earlier, this is Futaba:

Can't wait to try out Stage Builder later today. Trying to think up some ideas for it now. Also gonna see about joining one of those Joker only arenas and get my butt kicked 'cause I have no idea how to play him. :teeth:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

Any chance y’all will add Joker’s school uniform alt as a Premium post bg...?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In general, the Smash fanbase in my humble opinion needs to dial back expectations of a western character or a Microsoft character in general. People everywhere on the internet are banking on it, and almost every time this sort of thing happens it ends in disappointment.

At this point, Steve and Chief are basically out of the running. Banjo is a popular pick among Smash fans, but:

1) His series is dead, and arguably doesn’t have the same legacy as Castlevania or other 3rd parties
2) Similar to Geno, is a popular Smash fanbase pick. Geno is a Mii Fighter costume (most likely)
3) Banjo is western, which we have not gotten yet in Smash. Certainly, Microsoft has had a cooperative relationship with Nintendo recently, but...there are Japanese 3rd parties with similar if not better relationships, and have stellar picks left that reach wider audiences than Banjo.

I would love Banjo. I still think he’s a pipe dream.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You got me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a little flowery but it's grammatically correct and a valid statement.

Could he have said "Is that the cat everyone's been talking about?"? Yes, but he didn't.
Also don't quote me on that, but Ushimaru talks in an old-fashioned way in the Japanese script too, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom