• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Could use some work. Colors don't play nice with each other and artstyles are clashing pretty heavily.
Will work on the background colors.
Also, they are all characters from different franchises, of course they aren't going to use the same art style. :p

MainJPW

M.T.A
I was just thinking about Nights. Actually, I never played a Nights game, but I remember them being playable in Sonic Riders.
NiGHTS appears in more Sonic games than their own come to think of it. SA1&2, Shuffle, Sonic Pinball Party, Battle, Riders 1&2, Lost World, Runners...

Sonic was also playable in a NiGHTS game.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.
It's impossible for me to pick a favorite, as it depends on my mood, but since we're on the subject: Panzer Dragoon Saga had a phenomenal soundtrack, particularly for a 1998 Sega Saturn title.

But a seriously underappreciated one is the soundtrack for the 2009 reboot of Bionic Commando. Its soundtrack was surprisingly diverse, melodic and powerful for having very little to work with.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack?
why do you people like giving me excuses like this to spam Etrian Odyssey stuff

If I have to pick a particular one, I'd go for Etrian Odyssey IV. Just have a link to the entire soundtrack because it's all too good. As for some of the highlights:
- Battlefield - Storm (first regular battle theme)
- Labyrinth II - Misty Ravine
- Battlefield - Faith is my Pillar (second regular battle theme)
- Labyrinth V - Forgotten Capital
- Unrest - The Legend's Successor (final boss theme)
- Unrest - The End of the Raging Winds (special battle theme)

I should stop here before I get too engrossed in this stuff again. :p

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.
There's a lot, but my vote would go to Sonic Adventure 1. With that said though, a lot of games come close, including Splatoon 1, Mario Kart 8, Sonic CD, Heroes, Mania, Gens, Adventure 2, 06, Colors, Wind Waker, Galaxy 1, Odyssey, Castlevania as a whole, Mega Man as a whole, and Pokemon Gen 5 and 7.

I feel like I'm forgetting something though...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Ohhhh gosh that, that's a toughie.
Probably Smash Bros. Ultimate, though. It's just a bunch of OSTs in one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nice chatting with you guys n gals.
enjoy whatever youre doing. look forward to some cool new stuff sometime
It's impossible for me to pick a favorite, as it depends on my mood, but since we're on the subject: Panzer Dragoon Saga had a phenomenal soundtrack, particularly for a 1998 Sega Saturn title.

But a seriously underappreciated one is the soundtrack for the 2009 reboot of Bionic Commando. Its soundtrack was surprisingly diverse, melodic and powerful for having very little to work with.
Havent played those games but totally getting some nostalgia. Makes me think stuff ive played in those days, including Secret of Evermore and stuff like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No doubt DKC2.
Contains 3 of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.
Dang how could I forget DKC2 that's a classic it has so many good songs in it too! For Examples there's Crocodile Cacophony, Stickerbush/Stickerbrush Symphony, Mining Melancholy and a ton more. I can't believe I forgot it as it's definitely in my top 5.

My top 5 would likely consist of Mother 3, SMRPG, K:SSU, Banjo-Kazooie and DKC 2, If Crossovers counted SSBU would definitely be in my top 5 somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also if people are gonna start spamming links to music videos, just post the links instead of media embeds, please. Too many media embeds on a page makes it hell for users on mobiles and less powerful computers.

Noipoi

Howdy!

can't pick just one.
Undertale, Mother, Kirby, Sonic, Portal, Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Pokemon, Splatoon...

Can't pick one.

D

Deleted member

why do you people like giving me excuses like this to spam Etrian Odyssey stuff

If I have to pick a particular one, I'd go for Etrian Odyssey IV. Just have a link to the entire soundtrack because it's all too good. As for some of the highlights:
- Battlefield - Storm (first regular battle theme)
- Labyrinth II - Misty Ravine
- Battlefield - Faith is my Pillar (second regular battle theme)
- Labyrinth V - Forgotten Capital
- Unrest - The Legend's Successor (final boss theme)
- Unrest - The End of the Raging Winds (special battle theme)

I should stop here before I get too engrossed in this stuff again. :p
I have only heard of this game and nothing more but based off of First Impressions the Music is great and the Artstyle really catches my eye I hope you don't mind me asking but where can I find these games are they on PC, Switch etc?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also if people are gonna start spamming links to music videos, just post the links instead of media embeds, please. Too many media embeds on a page makes it hell for users on mobiles and less powerful computers.

People use less powerful computers?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Hmmmm

I got a couple... But for time's sake, I'm only gonna mention Pokemon Black and White, my first ever Pokemon games. A couple of my favorite tracks include, The Title Theme, Skyarrow Bridge, Route 10, Driftveil City, Battle! Team Plasma, Battle! Wild Pokemon, Poke Transfer Lab, VS Legendary Pokemon, and Village Bridge. But that one that takes the cake for me, is Undella Town (Spring, Autumn, & Winter). Whenever I hear it, it makes me reminisce my entire Pokemon journey, and just sounds so good. There's probably some nostalgia bias, but I'd argue these tracks would still gravitate to me, regardless.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why didn't they make another NiGHTS game in general? I'm hopin' the Switch will bring the series back.
Twist ending:

Sega partners with Nintendo to bring a NiGHTS sequel exclusively to the Switch and in turn NiGHTS gets into Smash as the token promotional DLC character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally the entirety of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia's soundtrack is amazing.

Special shoutouts to Twilight of the Gods, Those Who Challenge Gods, With Mila's Divine Protection, Lord of a Dead Empire, March to Deliverance, The Scions' Dance in Purgatory, The Ark of Dawn, Unity, The Sacrifice and the Saint, Sea Winds and Travelers, What Lies in the End, Undiscovered Horizons, The Afterglow Fades, Omen, In a Silver Garden With You, The Course of Gods and Men, A Distant Promise, and The Heritors of Arcadia. And SoV's version of the Fire Emblem Theme.

So there's nineteen songs for y'all to listen to and thank me for later. Hohoho.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hmmmm

I got a couple... But for time's sake, I'm only gonna mention Pokemon Black and White, my first ever Pokemon games. A couple of my favorite tracks include, The Title Theme, Skyarrow Bridge, Route 10, Driftveil City, Battle! Team Plasma, Battle! Wild Pokemon, Poke Transfer Lab, VS Legendary Pokemon, and Village Bridge. But that one that takes the cake for me, is Undella Town (Spring, Autumn, & Winter). Whenever I hear it, it makes me reminisce my entire Pokemon journey, and just sounds so good. There's probably some nostalgia bias, but I'd argue these tracks would still gravitate to me, regardless.
This list is missing the rival theme.

And the Gym Leader last Pokemon theme.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hmmmm

Unova Gang

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I have only heard of this game and nothing more but based off of First Impressions the Music is great and the Artstyle really catches my eye I hope you don't mind me asking but where can I find these games are they on PC, Switch etc?
The entire series is on Nintendo DS and 3DS. You can get demos of some of the games on the 3DS eShop, so that's a good place to start if you're interested. Good starting points are probably 4 (since it's probably the easiest game in a series known for its difficulty), 2 Untold (comes with a story mode and predetermined characters if making your own isn't your thing), or 5 (one of the most recent entries and has a ton of quality-of-life improvements over older games).

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Literally the entirety of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia's soundtrack is amazing.

Special shoutouts to Twilight of the Gods, Those Who Challenge Gods, With Mila's Divine Protection, Lord of a Dead Empire, March to Deliverance, The Scions' Dance in Purgatory, The Ark of Dawn, Unity, The Sacrifice and the Saint, Sea Winds and Travelers, What Lies in the End, Undiscovered Horizons, The Afterglow Fades, Omen, In a Silver Garden With You, The Course of Gods and Men, and The Heritors of Arcadia. And SoV's version of the Fire Emblem Theme.

So there's eighteen songs for y'all to listen to and thank me for later. Hohoho.
Seconded, though I still think Awakening's soundtrack is slightly better.

But we've had that conversation like twice on these forums already.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I use a Chromebook fairly often, and it does chug somewhat when trying to load a page full of tons of videos. That's the sort of thing I'm referring to.
I know. It was a bad joke.

My body hurts and I'm upset by work so I'm posting too much as a way to alleviate stress.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
WHY. ISN’T. THIS. SONG. IN. ULTIMATE?!?
Beats me.

For all the Fire Emblem "over-representation" in characters, it's surprisingly very under-represented in music.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Time's Scar from Chrono Cross
Melodies of Life from Final Fantasy 9
Unbreakable Chains from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Dragoon Roost Island from Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Oath to Order from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Boss Rest from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Memories of You from Persona 3
Starry Heavens from Tales of Symphonia
Stage of Death from Xenogears
Battle of Your Soul from Xenosaga 3

That's all I could think of for now. I actually yet to start progress in Xenoblade (I just have to finish Gears first) but I've fallen in LOVE with this track in particular.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky.
Final answer.
Any other answer is objectively wrong.
Bye

NineS

Smash Lord

NieR: Automata.
Do I even have to explain myself?
I mean, just listening to a couple of those songs it's got playing will get you feeling something, which is saying something coming from someone as apathetic as me. Pretty sure one of the admins on here gave Wretched Weaponry a listen, and really felt it.

The Keiichi Okabe got an award at the GotY awards just because of how magnificient the OST is. He's also working on smash.

yet another reason why 2B should get in. i want to fight to the amazing music of nier in smash. you should too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom