• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Then you're probably right. I played it once over and didn't like it nearly as much as the original. The motion controls feel tacked on. I simply remember commenting on how Nights's gender wasn't ambiguous anymore, but as MainJPW MainJPW mentioned, it's likely just because of the clearly female and very British voice they attached to the character.

I apologize for innately getting defensive. The people of Portland, OR are very, very quick to bust one's chops over anything, so it's become somewhat of a reflex. There are times when I feel that people here want me to be the bad guy and it's disheartening when I want to be an ally.
The reason for NiGHTS having an English accent is actually pretty interesting.

According to Iizuka-san, the setting for NiGHTS is designed to be European styled like how Sonic is American influenced.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2007/12/interview_takashi_iizuka_talks_nights

NiGHTSintoDreams.com: Some people say that Bell Bridge (the games fictional setting), resembles parts of London. Is there any truth to this? And if so, why did you choose this setting?

Takashi Iizuka: Well like the character of Sonic is designed to be more like American style, NiGHTS has been designed to be more like that of European. So that is why the stages have the look of a more European setting.
It is also why the characters in NiGHTS have English accents.
As for NiGHTS’s gender:
SEGANerds: Why did you decide to give NiGHTS a voice? And why did you choose a female voice?

Takashi Iizuka: [LAUGHS] Well the original game had voice clips for NiGHTS, but in Journey of Dreams I wanted to use more voice acting. The voice helps to add depth to the game play, and tell the story in the cut scenes.
NiGHTS is neutral, and therefore has no gender. The impressions of the character with regards to gender are totally up to the player.

D

Deleted member

There better be a HECC of a lotta Splatoon stuff.

Excuse my language.
They have the same dev team and everything! Would be a real peck neck move not to have at least some.

Also amiibo villagers for Pearl and Marina, please.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
aight :)
I specifically looked for a girl fox when i decided to restart. Usually I just dont want a negative nature so that was another criteria. I got lucky and it ended up being a good nature. I suspect the evs arent that good, but still cool and i was glad. Popplio on the other hand i didnt mind it being a fabulous boy XD
I dont really pay any attention to stats/nature pff I just grabbed what I wanted to flew with it

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I would like to take this time to mention that while I won't yell at you for NiGHTS' gender, I will yell at you for EVEN THINKING OF MAKING THEM AN ASSIST TROPHY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU THEY DESERVE FULL FIGHTER STATUS OR NOTHING AT ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Now that, I deserve.

Allow me to atone for my sin with this funny art I just found.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The reason for NiGHTS having an English accent is actually pretty interesting.

According to Iizuka-san, the setting for NiGHTS is designed to be European styled like how Sonic is American influenced.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2007/12/interview_takashi_iizuka_talks_nights

As for NiGHTS’s gender:
Nice find. I'd read that before but apparently completely blanked on it all.

Now I feel the need to play Journey of Dreams for the first time since, what, 2009?+

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont really pay any attention to stats/nature pff I just grabbed what I wanted to flew with it
I just dont like having a pokemon im going to use a lot have less of a good stat it's going to use. Resetting a few times to at least not have it be negative is worth it to me. That said, I'd never do it to get a shiny that would take way too long. At worst i'd do it for a good nature if im up to it. (if im not impatient)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
By poor boy Oshawott was DOA because apparently NOBODY liked a single Gen 5 design whose name wasn't Chandelure.

Me personally, I was tryng to grind for that Hydregion, but then he was killed with X&Y.
It actually had a few highly popular Pokemon, including Hydreigon who was just short of Top 60 in the official Japanese poll from a few years ago. Gen V's biggest issue is that reception-wise it's balanced out by having a few very hated designs like the Elemental Monkeys, so it ends up being very mixed relative to other generations. Additionally, it doesn't have a Lucario or Greninja that stands heads above the rest to help push the generation, which didn't help its reputation.

As for Oshawott, the issue is more on Samurott. People really don't like how much it jumped.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Y'know, on the subject, why did they never make a NiGHTS 3DS game in the flavor of Sonic Rush? NiGHTS is one of the only games that would genuinely benefit from the 3D to separate the foreground from the background.

Sega get your **** together.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I just dont like having a pokemon im going to use a lot have less of a good stat it's going to use. Resetting a few times to at least not have it be negative is worth it to me. That said, I'd never do it to get a shiny that would take way too long. At worst i'd do it for a good nature if im up to it. (if im not impatient)
Intried to get a shiny in the begining once, I gave up after a while pff it got mega annoying.

also, yall wanna see some sweet Pokemon Gijinka
f6080085c5538410220084631c70a3dd.jpg
bd169b2b3cae1301d794eb9cb06e75d6.jpg
9ed98e8e70d497b8ede74f6470d56f79.jpg
01428039dcee86ecbd3b1799ee4843a3.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I never played a Nights game.. except maybe a demo at a store once? I think it's a game i'd enjoy, probably.

D

Deleted member

You could have a character be able to talk normally and fluently from the beginning but then later on have Nintendo INSIST that they can only say their names afterwards...

*sigh* :yoshi:
:cries in bring-ha:

It is indeed. Can't afford a drawing tablet yet, so I'm working what with I have. which is apparently a torture device
There’s a good iPad drawing app caled ibisPaint if you’re interested.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The mantra of Sega fans for the past decade.
I still can't believe they made one of the greatest RPGs of all time and lost the ****ing source code so it'll never be rereleased on anything else ever again, leaving the hundreds of players who actually own a copy on a deserted island surrounded by rehashed copies of a million different unironically named Final Fantasies.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I start a new drawing and I'm working on the rough sketch, I use food as a reference for my shapes and proportions.

When drawing an Inkling head, I think of a tomato.

When drawing a pony body, I think of a bean.

My process is very odd. :drshrug:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still can't believe they made one of the greatest RPGs of all time and lost the ****ing source code so it'll never be rereleased on anything else ever again, leaving the hundreds of players who actually own a copy on a deserted island surrounded by rehashed copies of a million different unironically named Final Fantasies.
Wait really?

D

Deleted member

Whenever I start a new drawing and I'm working on the rough sketch, I use food as a reference for my shapes and proportions.

The worst part is that actually makes a lot of sense.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ponies are good beans.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yes. Not that I would expect anyone to read this, but this is a thorough dissection of the game, its history and why it's so ****ing great: https://www.theringer.com/2018/1/29...games-panzer-dragoon-saga-missing-masterpiece

From the piece:
Sadly, aside from a newly released rearrangement of the game’s soundtrack, one almost certainly won’t be forthcoming because of a final, fitting twist to Saga’s semi-cursed story. According to multiple sources, Sega lost Saga’s source code amid the massive restructuring that followed Team Andromeda’s demise, which means that the company can’t “remaster” the game. Instead, it would have to recreate it from scratch, as Square Enix is doing with Saga’s old rival, Final Fantasy VII. Although Saga is a staple of lists about the best games that people never played, rebuilding a title that didn’t sell well the first time would be a dubious investment for Sega. “It’s such a shame that it couldn’t enjoy a second life as a remastered version on the latest consoles,” Nulty says. “I think there is the appetite now in the West for quality Japanese RPGs, whereas the market for them back in 1998 was very niche/hardcore.”

D

Deleted member

I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.
No doubt DKC2.
Contains 3 of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.

D

Deleted member

This’ll sound cliche, but Undertale. Normally, when listening to video game music, it’s ok at best, but Undertale’s OST just... Yes.

(Also, the game has Ness.)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'know, on the subject, why did they never make a NiGHTS 3DS game in the flavor of Sonic Rush? NiGHTS is one of the only games that would genuinely benefit from the 3D to separate the foreground from the background.

Sega get your **** together.
Why didn't they make another NiGHTS game in general? I'm hopin' the Switch will bring the series back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom