• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Given that they still have the SAME DAMN protagonist who is seemingly immortal for two decades no.

Seriously what more character development can that immortal kid have?

Either they should had done the Jojo approach for every region or ended the anime on the Hoenn region.
He is obviously stuck in a never-ending coma.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I survived the Delphox hate squad, I can survive the Bunny hate squad
Poor Delphox got shafted harder than any other starter yet.

Had its thunder stolen by Charizard with a new form in XY
Again had it stolen by a Speedboost super chicken during XY's release window, even if you picked Squirtle or Bulbasaur, Blaziken completely outclassed Delphox in every single way
Even if you ignore Torchic and Charmander, Talonflame is an early-game Fire type option, literally no reason left to pick Delphox unless you really like it
Useless Hidden Ability
Greninja in Smash
And to top it all, Braixen in Pokken

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also, can I just say I hate how the games explicitly put in Ash-Greninja? Not "Full Synch" Greninja. Not "Strengthened Bond" Greninja. Not "Dual Link" Greninja.

So now, we have a Greninja tied explicitly to Ash that we don't really own, which we can't nickname, breed, or find shiny versions thereof.

SMH, gamefreak.

S M H.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Again had it stolen by a Speedboost super chicken during XY's release window, even if you picked Squirtle or Bulbasaur, Blaziken completely outclassed Delphox in every single way
Even if you ignore Torchic and Charmander, Talonflame is an early-game Fire type option, literally no reason left to pick Delphox unless you really like it
Useless Hidden Ability
Greninja in Smash
I'm good with Braixen :) Glad she's in pokken.

I certainly think they couldve given the actual starters mega evolutions, since they're supposed to be stars of the game, but delphox is still cool :)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, in majority of the seasons, Ash is pretty intelligent, aside from the early seasons because he was just starting off, and Best Wishes because it was Best Wishes. It's just blatantly obvious that they don't want Ash to win a league (except for that one time he did), because either they suddenly make him dumb, or they do things like Tobais's Action Replay team, or Blasto Burn.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
They did in Journey of Dreams, and to be frank saying "they" when referring to one person always jars me. I've tried to accommodate for my nonbinary friends but outside of speaking to them, I'm just not wired to do it.
I've played Journey of Dreams several times over, and I'm pretty sure NiGHTS is never referred to as anything other than "they".

But hey, I ain't tryin' to bust your chops over it. I just thought it was neat, since usually if people refer to NiGHTS as any gender, it's male.

D

Deleted member

The thing about Pokemon is at this point they straight up can’t have ash change. Every generation is gonna bring in new kids who are seeing the show for the first time, so it has to repeat ad infinitum. Maybe they could get a new protagonist if it was gen 3, but at this point it’s too late,they stuck with ash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, in majority of the seasons, Ash is pretty intelligent, aside from the early seasons because he was just starting off, and Best Wishes because it was Best Wishes. It's just blatantly obvious that they don't want Ash to win a league (except for that one time he did), because either they suddenly make him dumb, or they do things like Tobais's Action Replay team, or Blasto Burn.
Ash is a goddamn battle genius. He's practically Yugi with the stupid **** he does that somehow magically works.

Issue is, he has to sell some merch and him achieving his goal kinda puts an end to that. At the same time he's part of a series that is nonstop tournament arcs. Together, he eats **** at the 11th hour every time. Otherwise, he's going to go Dragonball and keep fighting bigger and more ridiculous tournaments.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Which again is why they should had done to Jojo approach for every region since the start but nope rather keep beating the dead empty husk shell of a character that was once Ash to a dead horse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Listening to Animal Crossing music has obviously got AC Switch on my brain, so I'm just gonna say this:

There better be a heck of a lot of Splatoon furniture in there, or we're gonna have problems.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still remember the ****storm of Alain beating Ash.
Pikachu knocked out two ****ing pseudo-legendaries and weakened Charizard, it looked perfect, it was a belief of victory, but the goddamn Naruto frog still choked the match.

A ton of people dropped the series despite the Flare arc was pretty good.

Im actually happy with the chill SM after that shonen fest without any sense of triumph lol.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Useless Hidden Ability
Greninja in Smash
Its a shame, because Delphox is a good pokemon. Especially when you get good ass Gijinka like this
Delphox.full.1619687.jpg
d9ny4k8-cd890785-5bb8-4993-95b3-397ea7373799.png
2b5eb7a7b5afbfb5d0859d6fb4e3cd4d.jpg
938e803c332d78b13e43e12f743165f7.jpg
Yeah they are all male but I like Male humanoid Delpox better then the girls because every female delpox is drawn the same

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've played Journey of Dreams several times over, and I'm pretty sure NiGHTS is never referred to as anything other than "they".

But hey, I ain't tryin' to bust your chops over it. I just thought it was neat, since usually if people refer to NiGHTS as any gender, it's male.
Then you're probably right. I played it once over and didn't like it nearly as much as the original. The motion controls feel tacked on. I simply remember commenting on how Nights's gender wasn't ambiguous anymore, but as MainJPW MainJPW mentioned, it's likely just because of the clearly female and very British voice they attached to the character.

I apologize for innately getting defensive. The people of Portland, OR are very, very quick to bust one's chops over anything, so it's become somewhat of a reflex. There are times when I feel that people here want me to be the bad guy and it's disheartening when I want to be an ally.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Its a shame, because Delphox is a good pokemon. Especially when you get good *** Gijinka like this
Yeah they are all male but I like Male humanoid Delpox better then the girls because every female delpox is drawn the same
If anything, Mega Gardevoir also kind of handles the other side that delphox could've been good with, being psychic.

Ironic to have them steal her (or his, if you like that) thunder, when delphox is the one meant to steal with the magician ability :p

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
By poor boy Oshawott was DOA because apparently NOBODY liked a single Gen 5 design whose name wasn't Chandelure.

Me personally, I was tryng to grind for that Hydregion, but then he was killed with X&Y.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Then you're probably right. I played it once over and didn't like it nearly as much as the original. The motion controls feel tacked on. I simply remember commenting on how Nights's gender wasn't ambiguous anymore, but as MainJPW MainJPW mentioned, it's likely just because of the clearly female and very British voice they attached to the character.

I apologize for innately getting defensive. The people of Portland, OR are very, very quick to bust one's chops over anything, so it's become somewhat of a reflex. There are times when I feel that people here want me to be the bad guy and it's disheartening when I want to be an ally.
Fair enough. Besides, if you want my opinion, I think it'd be cooler if NiGHTS was canonically female anyway. The voice is already there, and it'd make them even more of a foil to Reala.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Listening to Animal Crossing music has obviously got AC Switch on my brain, so I'm just gonna say this:

There better be a heck of a lot of Splatoon furniture in there, or we're gonna have problems.
There better be a HECC of a lotta Splatoon stuff.

Excuse my language.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Fair enough. Besides, if you want my opinion, I think it'd be cooler if NiGHTS was canonically female anyway. The voice is already there, and it'd make them even more of a foil to Reala.
All I needed to know is that they/she has a british voice, and that's enough to get me hooked. British accents are the best man.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can't speak for everyone else, but your one of the chillest dudes on the fourms in my opinion.
Lol thank you, but I meant the people in Portland, not the people here. You all are cool.

I am far too liberal and free-thinking for my hometown back in the midwest, but I'm still somehow too conservative and old-fashioned for people out here. There are a lot of friend groups where I feel like I just shouldn't talk so I sit quietly and drink my alcohol then leave.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If anything, Mega Gardevoir also kind of handles the other side that delphox could've been good with, being psychic.

Ironic to have them steal her (or his, if you like that) thunder, when delphox is the one meant to steal with the magician ability :p
My Delpox was a male, I cant remeber what I named him but man, did he kick ass

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Lol thank you, but I meant the people in Portland, not the people here. You all are cool.

I am far too liberal and free-thinking for my hometown back in the midwest, but I'm still somehow too conservative and old-fashioned for people out here. There are a lot of friend groups where I feel like I just shouldn't talk so I sit quietly and drink my alcohol then leave.
I would like to take this time to mention that while I won't yell at you for NiGHTS' gender, I will yell at you for EVEN THINKING OF MAKING THEM AN ASSIST TROPHY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU THEY DESERVE FULL FIGHTER STATUS OR NOTHING AT ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There better be a HECC of a lotta Splatoon stuff.

Excuse my language.
WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE YOUNG MAN!
Around here, we say "peck" not "heck." GOT IT?! /s

I was actually referring to your comment on how you feel like due to your the people of your hometown, people would expect you to act like a certain way, Just be who you are.

Of course I could've like, completely misinterpreted what you said.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I still remember the ****storm of Alain beating Ash.
Pikachu knocked out two ****ing pseudo-legendaries and weakened Charizard, it looked perfect, it was a belief of victory, but the goddamn Naruto frog still choked the match.

A ton of people dropped the series despite the Flare arc was pretty good.

Im actually happy with the chill SM after that shonen fest without any sense of triumph lol.
The backlash from that moment was legendary, it was even worse then the Tobias and Cameron losses in terms of how the internet reacted. If you were a Pokemon fan, you couldn't go anywhere without hearing about it, and people were still dislike bombing the new episode previews for over a month so the hate didn't go away for quite some time. It really goes to show how squashing hype can be more damaging within a fandom then just plain disappointment.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My Delpox was a male, I cant remeber what I named him but man, did he kick ***
aight :)
I specifically looked for a girl fox when i decided to restart. Usually I just dont want a negative nature so that was another criteria. I got lucky and it ended up being a good nature. I suspect the evs arent that good, but still cool and i was glad. Popplio on the other hand i didnt mind it being a fabulous boy XD

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anyone else find humming really soothing?

My sister hates when I hum cuz I do it to much.
Humming is neat. and yes soothing. Not loud like singing so maybe yous sister is just jealous ;p
nah but ti's sweet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom