• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have an important question to ask cause my Friend on Discord won't answer me. So I was homeschooled for almost all of my School years until now on the last year of School I'm deciding to go to High School to see what it's like and concur over what College is like.

So my question is, for everyone who went to High School how was it? cause I need to do some research before coming to a final say.
High School's going to be different for everyone. Mine was nothing special but for some it was hell and for others it was the best time of their lives.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I just have to take a leap of faith? Okay I can do that, I just need to figure out IF I want to do that or not.
I am of no help here but do you REALLY REALLU want to go to school school or do you not wanna go? My family tells me if I have to keep questioning myself about stuff then I probably dont want to do it in the first place

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I guess Victini would also make sense, but yeah, he would not represent Gen 5 the best.

I mean, it's hard to pin down which Pokemon would represent Gen 5 the best, unless you want to say Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyruem, who would definitely not work in a fighting game, or the Sacred Swords, who really weren't elaborated on at all, and I think Keldeo was an event mon.
Yeah, Keldeo was event exclusive

I've also heard some people bring up N as our possible first fully playable human character, where he would fight alongside his Pokemon, but I doubt Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, or Sakurai would want that. They'd probably want an actual Pokemon.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have an important question to ask cause my Friend on Discord won't answer me. So I was homeschooled for almost all of my School years until now on the last year of School I'm deciding to go to High School to see what it's like and concur over what College is like.

So my question is, for everyone who went to High School how was it? cause I need to do some research before coming to a final say.
People say that everyone is awful and terrible in high school. That's not true in the slightest. Middle school is when people show their true colors, and is probably when people are the worst, but in High School, most people simply don't bother to rag on anyone, and there's always a group for everyone. Unless you want to be the quiet guy who refuses to converse with anyone and lash out on this who come across you. Or the guy who tries to get with everyone, but fails miserably. Then in those instances, yeah, but I doubt you'll be like that. Bring your Switch, find a lunch table that plays Smash or something, converse. I doubt you're gonna get shunned, and you'll make friends easily.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyway, I presume most of you have come home from work/school or about to, anyone up for some arena fights?

D

Deleted member

High School and College are completely different experiences, you're not gonna get a clear picture of college life through High School.

In terms of High School, it was fine for me. Nothing extraordinary, but I still had fun. Everyone is gonna have different experiences based on their academic level and personal preferences.

For example, I was an Honors/A.P student, so those are the people I hung out w/ more at high school. Someone who's in Regular classes and/or plays sports would have a very experience from the one I had.

If you want to know the high school experience, you have to experience it first-hand. You'll never get a good idea of what it's gonna be like for you until you see it for yourself.
One thing is if I go to High School I'm definitely gonna try and keep to myself for the most part and if I get Friends along the way that's amazing too. I'll definitely try to gain Friends as I would want to participate in Art Club plus I already have a Family member who goes to the Same School so I would have a friend right there.

Also about the HS = College thing I definitely know HS won't be one to one at all. the Schedule would be different, the responsibilities are different, the Social aspect is different, the Classes too and Dorms are also a thing in College which is different but it's still closer and helps practice balancing my life instead of do whatever with Home School.

I'm just thinking I want to live my life a little as I feel too sheltered and too comfy I just sit here and do nothing all day I need something to do and to learn, Home School can't provide that for me right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

uhh heh. i havent had that exact experience, but sometimes it's not too far from it.

I just realized the thread title is called 'the subtitle' right now. some other people arent totally serious or are undecided too.
I've gotten better with it over the years. Typically, if I have to think about whether I should post something, I just don't post it at the moment and move onto something else. Saves me a headache and time.

"The Subtitle" is pretty funny.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.
Too many to count, and all for different reasons. It's easy to narrow down my favorite games because I take into account a variety of factors, but just judging by soundtracks, there's a broader pool to think of, since the game might not be one of your all-time favorites in order for you to love the soundtrack. Especially since soundtracks are so different, so it's hard to find one that has everything you like--unless you pick Super Smash, which is cheating.

I could go into a bunch of choices that probably overlap with many other people--Metroid Prime, Halo, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Castlevania, etc. etc.--but I'll pick one that most people don't think about.

Call of Duty gets a lot of unfair **** just because it's popular and comes out yearly. Most people overlook its soundtracks, which are pretty consistently excellent and unique. The games from 2008-2012 in particular--World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, and Black Ops II--all had amazing soundtracks. It'd take me too long to list all the standout tracks for each game, so I'll just pick one for each, even though it's tough:

World at War: "Final Push"
Modern Warfare 2: "Onwards"
Black Ops: "Rooftops"
Modern Warfare 3: "Manhattan Assault"
Black Ops II: "Dogfight"

That's not even counting the easter egg songs for the zombies mode in Treyarch's games, made by the incredibly talented Kevin Sherwood, with great songs like "115", "Archangel", "Dead Ended", and "Drowning". I stopped playing the zombies mode back in 2011 with the end of the first Black Ops, but I'm always eagerly waiting for the next one of Sherwood's songs.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One thing is if I go to High School I'm definitely gonna try and keep to myself for the most part and if I get Friends along the way that's amazing too.

Also about the HS = College thing I definitely know HS won't be one to one at all. the Schedule would be different, the responsibilities are different, the Social aspect is different, the Classes too and Dorms are also a thing in College which is different but it's still closer and helps practice balancing my life instead of do whatever with Home School.

I'm just thinking I want to live my life a little as I feel too sheltered and too comfy I just sit here and do nothing all day I need something to do and to learn, Home School can't provide that for me right now.
Ultimately you'll do you, but just know that the hs experience with friends is so much more preferable (and bearable) to the experience without, even if it's only one year. Putting in a little effort to ingratiate yourself will pay off many times over.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
One thing is if I go to High School I'm definitely gonna try and keep to myself for the most part and if I get Friends along the way that's amazing too. I'll definitely try to gain Friends as I would want to participate in Art Club plus I already have a Family member who goes to the Same School so I would have a friend right there.

Thank god you arent one of those home schooled kids that think they are smarter and better then everyone that went to public school

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What about N himself representing Gen 5?
Yeah, Keldeo was event exclusive

I've also heard some people bring up N as our possible first fully playable human character, where he would fight alongside his Pokemon, but I doubt Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, or Sakurai would want that. They'd probably want an actual Pokemon.
I mean, N himself would be great Gen 5 representation, but him as a fighter it would be so horrendously inaccurate that I doubt it'll happen. As a Pokemon Trainer like fighter, I can see it, but since he never has a set team, idk what it could be.

Though, admitedly, I would trade Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard if it meant a fully playable Red/Leaf. Yes, it would not be accurate at all, but come on, imagine just having them riding a bike all over the stage, doing bunny hops and wheelies on Ganondorf.

D

Deleted member

Ultimately you'll do you, but just know that the hs experience with friends is so much more preferable (and bearable) to the experience without, even if it's only one year. Putting in a little effort to ingratiate yourself will pay off many times over.
My first two years of HS were **** because I was a stupid depressed teen who actively pushed people away

I learned how to not be a **** in my junior year and it was super pleasant and less "This sucks I wanna kill myself" moods

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

If there's one piece of advice I'd give you, don't intentionally isolate yourself from other people.

As someone who generally prefers being alone, I know for a fact I wouldn't have gotten through High School as well as I had w/o the friends I made along the way.

So while I understand not wanting to go out of your way to communicate w/ others, if someone does try to have a conversation with you, go with it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.
NeiR Automata
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc_RJ2laVnkAwYhZ7V8t4n4y-U1zd0fOj

Skyrim
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8CB7943AB56938F8

Skyward Sword
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC5AE6E1EEA630D30

Metroid Prime 3
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhHcMbVmbwCfmEXbNKWKAkNALoewczsRf

Final Fantasy X
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8DBF93E1D0FCAED5

Final Fantasy XII
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4253C5C473A12A64

Final Fantasy XIII
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7C498688F14F6A0D

Xenoblade Chronicles
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvNp0Boas722S8F_-p4qiR7XDZZbHRzkV

Xenoblade Chronicles X
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvXMARe51eeakpkIZczyy3RsWlOQx3M4R

Mass Effect 3
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA10D6BE808DD1BBF

Chrono Trigger
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL21BAA7C6EDEB63A3

Sim City 3000
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9BBC203F81DA09E2

D

Deleted member

Luckily for me as I mentioned in my edit I'll have three friends there already plus two of them being Family Members I can certainly feel somewhat comfortable.

In terms of the Social aspects I'm worried about other people mainly as sometimes I don't know when to stop joking around when I'm in big groups of people. Though I think for the most part I'll be somewhat Comfortable just branching out will be somewhat hard admittedly.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, I won't be at all surprised if we do get two more Fighters Pass' but I don't at all expect it. Seems odd to think that we COULD MAYBE get 15+ DLC characters over the course of 3 years but, hey, it's not impossible.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Does anyone else wonder if maybe we'll get more echo fighters as free DLC eventually, like maybe part of an update?
Not sure if this'll happen, but it would be pretty neat.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I won't be at all surprised if we do get two more Fighters Pass' but I don't at all expect it. Seems odd to think that we COULD MAYBE get 15+ DLC characters over the course of 3 years but, hey, it's not impossible.
If we do get Three season passes As Melee puts it *Ahem* MISHON COMPREE

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
My first two years of HS were **** because I was a stupid depressed teen who actively pushed people away

I learned how to not be a **** in my junior year and it was super pleasant and less "This sucks I wanna kill myself" moods
at leaste you gotnrid of those moods, High school. made me want me to kill myself
college made me want to kill myself even faster

Hurray I graduated, what did I get, A deploma worth nothing and depression

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Does anyone else wonder if maybe we'll get more echo fighters as free DLC eventually, like maybe part of an update?
Not sure if this'll happen, but it would be pretty neat.
I'd be down for them as long as they're not just shoehorned in and not make any sense. Like, as much as I like Isaac, if he was, say, another Roy echo, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean, N himself would be great Gen 5 representation, but him as a fighter it would be so horrendously inaccurate that I doubt it'll happen. As a Pokemon Trainer like fighter, I can see it, but since he never has a set team, idk what it could be.

Though, admitedly, I would trade Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard if it meant a fully playable Red/Leaf. Yes, it would not be accurate at all, but come on, imagine just having them riding a bike all over the stage, doing bunny hops and wheelies on Ganondorf.
I was thinking maybe N could be like :ultpeach: and Toad with his Pokémon but I guess it is a long shot, besides I think if there was another character with the Pokémon switch mechanic it should be Cynthia.

D

Deleted member

at leaste you gotnrid of those moods, High school. made me want me to kill myself
college made me want to kill myself even faster

Hurray I graduated, what did I get, A deploma worth nothing and depression
dont get me wrong im still decently sure im depressed

but having an actual social life made me want to kill myself slightly less

D

Deleted member

Two questions with the 16 character slots
-Are they counting PP and Joker already? Alts?
-did they exist before? They could be added or removed as they please
Because there is the possibility that these slots only account for the fighter pass and there's a character or characters with multiple alts.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
dont get me wrong im still decently sure im depressed

but having an actual social life made me want to kill myself slightly less
lucky you, I want to die the normal.amount as Indid in high school and college. Even more knowing I wont be successful because no one will hiring me, you know. I wasted all those years in college that people wont even pay attention to

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If there are indeed two more fighters pass' and there's somehow no Geno in sight I will be BIG surprised. Like, literally shocked.
The total price of it all would probably be around, if not more, than the price of Ultimate, itself

Not sure how I'd feel about that
Welcome to the 21st century, mate. Dead or Alive 6's season pass is $93.

D

Deleted member

If we do get 14 DLC Characters It'll be weird to not upgrade Assists in my opinion, People have been wanting them and it's less work with somewhat decent Models already being readily available. It's less work from a Character to Character basis for More Characters We might even get Isaac and Skull Kid that way!

Maybe some of my Wanteds will be realized in DLC, And if not Geno could show up as one of those 14 if we do indeed get such. I just think it's weird to have that many characters and not re-purpose Models though the 14 is likely future proofing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom