• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
But it's... not based on the Grim Reaper at all...
Probably has something to do with the Reaper Cloth. But Houndoom:

"Long ago, people imagined its eerie howls to be the call of the grim reaper."

My favorite soundtrack would probably be Yoshi's Island, but there's not a lot of songs to begin with...

So I'll go with Skyward Sword :yoshi:
I aggressively type on your computer.

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.
I have many favorite soundtracks in video games (Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Mario 64, Mario 3D World, pretty much all the Animal Crossing games,) but above all, Majora's Mask has my favorite soundtrack in gaming.
The Astral Observatory theme is absolutely beautiful. I wish Nintendo would make a fully orchestrated remaster of Majora's Mask's soundtrack, (but Theophany did a hell of a good job with their renditions.) And also, it's such a shame that they didn't remix many tracks from MM in Smash. A MM medley would have been perfect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The entire series is on Nintendo DS and 3DS. You can get demos of some of the games on the 3DS eShop, so that's a good place to start if you're interested. Good starting points are probably 4 (since it's probably the easiest game in a series known for its difficulty), 2 Untold (comes with a story mode and predetermined characters if making your own isn't your thing), or 5 (one of the most recent entries and has a ton of quality-of-life improvements over older games).
Thanks! I'll definitely check them out when I have the chance.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
ADVENTURES OF ______
The Story So far:

Part I:
Upon waking up in an empty room with a "nice" looking carpet, our hero's first instinct was to try to carve some fashionable gear out of it. To their dismay, however, they had no tools with which to do this. The hero promptly stuck the solitary window in this empty room with their head, shattering it and lodging three glass shards into their head. A stranger, wearing crocs and socks, comes around to check on the hero. Unfortunately for him, the hero starts sprinting at the stranger. This comes AFTER carving a "shirt" out of the carpet and finding a lighter.

Part II:
They... both... dab. Eventually, the hero decides to throw a glass shard at the stranger after yelling at him about his fashion choices. The glass doesn't do much but hurt just a bit, annoying the stranger, who stops and lectures the hero on "Dad Fashion" and why people shouldn't throw broken glass. The hero's immediate reaction is to choke the Dad and ask him out. The Dad passes out and is promptly revived, reminiscing over a lost love. He accepts the date invitation and tells the hero to meet him at the steakhouse at 8:00PM

Part III:
The hero promptly makes moves to hunt down fancy clothing for the big date. First step: return to the building. Second step: open the door and enter the hallway. Third step: harass a doorknob, apparently! In an attempt to enter (?) the room directly to the right of the previous room, the hero: tries to yank the knob off, headbutts the door, seduces the doorknob with cinnamon breath (yes), folding the knob, and eventually manages to get the knob to pop off. All the while, the hero managed to open the door the normal way without noticing.
This ends with the hero unfolding, paying respect to, and eating the knob to gain its powers of potential knob friendship. Then the hero takes a 6 hour nap, awakening while the moon is out.

Part IV:
Our hero enters into what appears to be a child's bedroom, complete with bed, unusual TV, wardrobe, and toy box. Using their newfound powers and realization that things happen when you eat things, the hero attempts to eat the old-looking television. Shortly thereafter, he starts communicating with the knobs on the television, one of which can actually talk. Trying to seduce the television with cinnamon did not work so well as it did on the door knob- It annoyed the knobs and sent the power switch into anaphylaxis. Somewhere along the line, the hero also picked up a gift card for the steakhouse!

TL;DR SO FAR:
The hero currently breathes cinnamon, eats random objects, is wearing a carpet, talks to knobs, and has a date. For now.​
----
I look at the sun to see what time it is, while attempting to not go blind by looking at the sun
You look up at the sun. Incidentally, it turns out that the sun is the moon right now!
Ask the Power Switch if it's ok, allergic reactions are no joke.
You walk over to the television and hastily turn the volume control knob down a little.
You: "Uh, is your switch okay?"
VC: "Which one? The one that's dying or the one sitting on the TV stand?"
Help the power switch to gain trust from the tv, we can use this for deceit.
You: "Well I want to help out."
VC: "Yeah? And how do you suppose you do that?"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My favorite game soundtrack would have to be Kid Icarus: Uprising, easily.

DKC: TF, FE: Awakening and FE: Echoes all come fairly close though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack? Of course excluding things like Crossover games and Smash as that's sort of cheating since it takes from a ton of franchises.

My personal Favorite Soundtrack is Mother 3 as it conveys Emotional, Peaceful and Tense feelings very well. My Second would have to be a Mix between Kirby Super Star Ultra and Super Mario RPG for K:SSU has Masked Dedede's theme, Dedede's theme, Meta knight's theme and Gourmet Race while SMRPG has Beware the Forest's mushrooms, Still the road is full of Dangers and Battle against an Armed Opponent.
There's too many game soundtracks I love to just have one particular favourite so have a sample from a variety
- BFG Division (DOOM 2016)
- Bullet Dance 2 (BlazBlue)
- Pledge of Demon (Yakuza 0)
- One Final Effort (Halo 3)
- Collective Consciousness (Metal Gear Rising)
- Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3)
- Devil Trigger (Devil May Cry 5)
- Tusk's Theme (Killer Instinct 2013)
- Purity and Strictly (UNIST)
- Unfinished Battle (Xenoblade Chronicles)
- Shinryu's Theme (Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood)

Also I could cheat and plug every RWBY song in BBTAG lmao

D

Deleted member

Dont have a particular title but OG Megaman (2&3 particularly), Castlevania, and Contra are probably the series that I like the most OST-wise. DKC and Zelda would follow.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know it!

I'm still mad that it got snubbed in the Smash character department...

Oh well, at least it got a pretty sweet stage. That's more than what Hoenn got
Who would the Gen 5 character be anyway?
Zoroark? Chandelure? I mean, Chandelure was in Pokken, and Zoroark just faded away when it was supposed to be the mascot for Gen 5.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Off the top of my head I can think of Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade 2. Both consistently impressed me or grew on me the more I listened.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
My top 5 Game OSTs (in no particular order):

- Mother 3
- Child of Light
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Beyond: Two Souls
- Final Fantasy XV

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Super Mario 64, Hyper Light Drifter, Metal Gear Solid 4, Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Last of Us

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
ADVENTURES OF ______
The Story So far:

Part I:
Upon waking up in an empty room with a "nice" looking carpet, our hero's first instinct was to try to carve some fashionable gear out of it. To their dismay, however, they had no tools with which to do this. The hero promptly stuck the solitary window in this empty room with their head, shattering it and lodging three glass shards into their head. A stranger, wearing crocs and socks, comes around to check on the hero. Unfortunately for him, the hero starts sprinting at the stranger. This comes AFTER carving a "shirt" out of the carpet and finding a lighter.

Part II:
They... both... dab. Eventually, the hero decides to throw a glass shard at the stranger after yelling at him about his fashion choices. The glass doesn't do much but hurt just a bit, annoying the stranger, who stops and lectures the hero on "Dad Fashion" and why people shouldn't throw broken glass. The hero's immediate reaction is to choke the Dad and ask him out. The Dad passes out and is promptly revived, reminiscing over a lost love. He accepts the date invitation and tells the hero to meet him at the steakhouse at 8:00PM

Part III:
The hero promptly makes moves to hunt down fancy clothing for the big date. First step: return to the building. Second step: open the door and enter the hallway. Third step: harass a doorknob, apparently! In an attempt to enter (?) the room directly to the right of the previous room, the hero: tries to yank the knob off, headbutts the door, seduces the doorknob with cinnamon breath (yes), folding the knob, and eventually manages to get the knob to pop off. All the while, the hero managed to open the door the normal way without noticing.
This ends with the hero unfolding, paying respect to, and eating the knob to gain its powers of potential knob friendship. Then the hero takes a 6 hour nap, awakening while the moon is out.

Part IV:
Our hero enters into what appears to be a child's bedroom, complete with bed, unusual TV, wardrobe, and toy box. Using their newfound powers and realization that things happen when you eat things, the hero attempts to eat the old-looking television. Shortly thereafter, he starts communicating with the knobs on the television, one of which can actually talk. Trying to seduce the television with cinnamon did not work so well as it did on the door knob- It annoyed the knobs and sent the power switch into anaphylaxis. Somewhere along the line, the hero also picked up a gift card for the steakhouse!

TL;DR SO FAR:
The hero currently breathes cinnamon, eats random objects, is wearing a carpet, talks to knobs, and has a date. For now.​
----

You look up at the sun. Incidentally, it turns out that the sun is the moon right now!

You walk over to the television and hastily turn the volume control knob down a little.
You: "Uh, is your switch okay?"
VC: "Which one? The one that's dying or the one sitting on the TV stand?"

You: "Well I want to help out."
VC: "Yeah? And how do you suppose you do that?"
Haha, of course I got the last post on the page after typing this out.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Poor Delphox got shafted harder than any other starter yet.

Had its thunder stolen by Charizard with a new form in XY
Again had it stolen by a Speedboost super chicken during XY's release window, even if you picked Squirtle or Bulbasaur, Blaziken completely outclassed Delphox in every single way
Even if you ignore Torchic and Charmander, Talonflame is an early-game Fire type option, literally no reason left to pick Delphox unless you really like it
Useless Hidden Ability
Greninja in Smash
And to top it all, Braixen in Pokken
I've come to appreciate the Fennekin line after nuzlocking Pokémon Neo Y (a challenging ROM hack of Pokémon Y). Because if you don't pick Fennekin you ****ing die to the first gym leader.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Not to mention Lost in Thoughts pretty much being Wii U’s Jungle Hijinks equivalent and the only Fates song so far...
Fates has too many problems to count. But the soundtrack is not one of them.

That OST is phenomenal.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Zoroark? Chandelure? I mean, Chandelure was in Pokken, and Zoroark just faded away when it was supposed to be the mascot for Gen 5.
I'm not really sure who they would choose, tbh...

But my go-to choice would be Victini

Imo, the best designed Pokemon of that generation. And it'd be our first playable Mythical Pokemon, too.

Though, with it being an event only Pokemon, not sure it would qualify for being a very good representation of that generation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have an important question to ask cause my Friend on Discord won't answer me. So I was homeschooled for almost all of my School years until now on the last year of School I'm deciding to go to High School to see what it's like and concur over what College is like.

So my question is, for everyone who went to High School how was it? cause I need to do some research before coming to a final say.

D

Deleted member

I have a random question so What is everyone's favorite Video Game soundtrack?
Oh gosh, that's a really tough question. Video game OSTs are 90% of what I listen to, so I have a lot of favorites. However, if I had to list what I listen to the most...

Katamari OSTs
Donkey Kong Country OSTs
Metroid OSTs
Kingdom Hearts OSTs
Yoshi OSTs
Kirby OSTs
Animal Crossing OSTs
Shadow of the Colossus OST
Mario OSTs
Zelda OSTs
Persona OSTs
Splatoon OSTs
Chrono Trigger's and Cross' OST

These are probably what I listen to the most nowadays. Some of the best music I've ever heard comes from these, and I love them all.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'll also second Moydow Moydow here: check out the Etrian Odyssey and Etrian Mystery Dungeon soundtracks. They're really good and often feel underappreciated considering how under the radar Etrian Odyssey can be.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have an important question to ask cause my Friend on Discord won't answer me. So I was homeschooled for almost all of my School years until now on the last year of School I'm deciding to go to High School to see what it's like and concur over what College is like.

So my question is, for everyone who went to High School how was it? cause I need to do some research before coming to a final say.
Find out how high school is for yourself because some liked it and some wanted to die all through high school and college like me and how others likes school wont help you reach a conclusion of you personal opinions.

yes, Sorry I was no help

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

My top 3 are Yakuza 0, Ghost Trick, and Xenoblade Chronicles. In no particular order.

D

Deleted member

Find out how high school is for yourself because some liked it and some wanted to die all through high school and college like me and how others likes school wont help you reach a conclusion
Hmm... Fair enough. I was curious cause I have no experience with it at all so I really don't know what to do and how to do it, I want to research but I don't exactly know what to look for and what to research neither do I really want to jump in without some level of research.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

High School and College are nothing alike, so don't use one to gauge the other.

Anyways, for me High School was **** for the most part. The teachers and classes were good, but the kids were absolutely horrible. Never have I seen more mean, snotty, untrustworthy, and disrespectful people. College is infinitely better compared to the hell that was my High School experience.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hmm... Fair enough. I was curious cause I have no experience with it at all so I really don't know what to do and how to do it, I want to research but I don't exactly know what to look for and what to research neither do I really want to jump in without some level of research.
Best way to find out is by personal experience. no level of research online can help you with high school. and college and such as everyone has different outcomes

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm not really sure who they would choose, tbh...

But my go-to choice would be Victini

Imo, the best designed Pokemon of that generation. And it'd be our first playable Mythical Pokemon, too.

Though, with it being an event only Pokemon, not sure it would qualify for being a very good representation of that generation.
I guess Victini would also make sense, but yeah, he would not represent Gen 5 the best.

I mean, it's hard to pin down which Pokemon would represent Gen 5 the best, unless you want to say Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyruem, who would definitely not work in a fighting game, or the Sacred Swords, who really weren't elaborated on at all, and I think Keldeo was an event mon.

D

Deleted member

Best way to find out is by personal experience. no level of research online can help you with high school. and college and such as everyone has different outcomes
So I just have to take a leap of faith? Okay I can do that, I just need to figure out IF I want to do that or not.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Zoroark if I were to guess since 2012 was still a good year for it, but I always wanted to see Haxorus as a fighter.

NineS

Smash Lord
The high school experience is highly subjective. It can be good or bad. It depends on the circumstances, being what the students you are stuck with are like, what classes you attend, how you attend them, whether you do your work, make good impressions, what teachers you are stuck with, life at home, etc.

There's no average high school experience. Similar ones no doubt, but always on different extremities.

Also, college is extremely different from any high school experience, so that's also not a good way of gauging things out.

But hey, when I can't decide between taking a leap of faith or not, I just do a coin flip.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm not sure if I'd say it's my favorite game soundtrack of all time, but I just want to give a really big shoutout to SMT4.

Like, out of any game I've ever seen, it probably handles the concept of "atmosphere" better than anything else I've ever seen. While its battle themes are really good as well, they're not really as memeable compared to the abstract text-to-speech bible spouting SMT3 OST, those are also really good as well. It really gives the tone of a Tokyo plunged underground and blocked from the sunlight eternally, having adapted and coming into contact with technology and turning into a bizarre cyberpunk society infested with demons.

Probably the best song to explain what I mean is its main overworld theme. It really does feel like you're an outsider that's descended into an underground metropolis, stuck in a 1980's cyberpunk aesthetic, shrouded in an eternal darkness. It's a really powerful sense of melancholy exploring the city. However, once you find civilization, every. single. town. has its own cheery music, showing that despite being in a demon-infested hell, people are still living their lives and adapting to their circumstances. Seriously, as a JRPG, there aint a thing like it.

I could go on and on, but seriously, if you're ever in the mood for synths, pull up the SMT4 soundtrack. It won't disappoint. The battle themes are rad as hell too. Any more though and I'd be spoiling.

Also shoutouts to Devil May Cry having some of the worst songs I've ever heard on first listen, before making me playing with them and begrudgingly learn to not just like those songs, but love them, to the point of learning the lyrics by heart.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cant help much, experence varies from place to place. For example I went to a religious one that was mostly chaos.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

That's a loaded question. My advice is everything that seems monumental when you're in highschool isn't actually that big a deal, so don't get too hung up on things. Or people.

But if you feel like you're in hell in the moment, that's pretty normal.

What I can tell you for sure is HS won't be a very close approximation of college. Closer than home school, but still not that close.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The high school experience is highly subjective. It can be good or bad. It depends on the circumstances, being what the students you are stuck with are like, what classes you attend, how you attend them, whether you do your work, make good impressions, what teachers you are stuck with, life at home, etc.

There's no average high school experience. Similar ones no doubt, but always on different extremities.

Also, college is extremely different from any high school experience, so that's also not a good way of gauging things out.

But hey, when I can't decide between taking a leap of faith or not, I just do a coin flip.
Hmm.. I may try that actually. On one hand I want to branch out and live my life a little as admittedly I am very sheltered to the point it's kind of unhealthy so I definitely want to branch out but on the other hand I don't know if it's a good idea to do a leap of faith.

I have time to think about it anyways, I have about 6 months to think about it as I wouldn't join until next semester.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I guess Victini would also make sense, but yeah, he would not represent Gen 5 the best.

I mean, it's hard to pin down which Pokemon would represent Gen 5 the best, unless you want to say Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyruem, who would definitely not work in a fighting game, or the Sacred Swords, who really weren't elaborated on at all, and I think Keldeo was an event mon.
What about N himself representing Gen 5?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

High School and College are completely different experiences, you're not gonna get a clear picture of college life through High School.

In terms of High School, it was fine for me. Nothing extraordinary, but I still had fun. Everyone is gonna have different experiences based on their academic level and personal preferences.

For example, I was an Honors/A.P student, so those are the people I hung out w/ more at high school. Someone who's in Regular classes and/or plays sports would have a very experience from the one I had.

If you want to know the high school experience, you have to experience it first-hand. You'll never get a good idea of what it's gonna be like for you until you see it for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom