• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Don't think it's much of a pattern. For Gen I, II, and V he got all of them. For Gen IV and VII he got two of them. For Gen III, and VI, he got only one.
I was looking at the first one he picks, specifically. Anime logic screwed everything else.

Are any of you art students or grads? If so, I may have a question for you at some point in the near future.
I wish.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Don't think it's much of a pattern. For Gen I, II, and V he got all of them. For Gen IV and VII he got two of them. For Gen III, and VI, he got only one.
Only pattern I guess could break is that Ash only gets one starter in a Gen with a multiple of 3.

But even then that’s coincidence.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hmm..I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here..
It's entirely possible that Link's Awakening started development on Nintendo 3DS before it was shifted to Nintendo Switch, its not like its a graphically taxing game and would take very little work to re-work for the Nintendo Switch.

That said, yeah, calling WarioWare Gold and almost calling Link's Awakening for the wrong system is not compelling evidence..that said, I'd love to see a remake of Wario Land VB since I've heard its a good game that few actually got to play.....and we NEED another Wario Land title!
If it started on 3DS then it's been quite some time since the game shifted to Switch. The graphics are too detailed for it to be a simple shift job from 3DS to Switch.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Scorbunny just screams "most pushed starter" to me. I guarantee you when the anime gets to the Galar region, Scorbunny will be the first starter Ash gets.
>Scorbunny shilling
I sleep
>The Pokémon Sun and Moon anime ending and the series moving away from Slice of Life/Whatever the **** it is back to Battle Shonen
REAL ****
>Ash might carry his intelligence from Kalos and Alola into the new generation and could win the League
R E A L

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Rip Grookey

At least it's not straight up **** on like Popplio, mostly it just goes unmentioned.
Don't remind me...I still cannot believe that even the anime puts the poor thing being bullied and in the concept art it's shown crying until someone places a hand on top of its head to confort it. I love Pops to death, and I feel I can even relate to the whole bullying thing. That is why I often put it alongside Shay Cormac, because both are misjudged underdogs overshadowed by others (in the fandoms and even in the games), when they are utterly precious to me, and ultimately, the sircumstances they went thru pay off.

Noipoi

Howdy!
>Scorbunny shilling
I sleep
>The Pokémon Sun and Moon anime ending and the series moving away from Slice of Life back to Battle Shonen
REAL ****
>Ash might carry his intelligence from Kalos and Alola into the new generation and could win the League
R E A L
Don't get my hopes up, dammit.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
>Scorbunny shilling
I sleep
>The Pokémon Sun and Moon anime ending and the series moving away from Slice of Life back to Battle Shonen
REAL ****
>Ash might carry his intelligence from Kalos and Alola into the new generation
R E A L
...inb4 Ash loses all confidence between Alola and Galor

D

Deleted member

cocky. :O

i dunno, we already have pong.
It comes with the competitive teasing. Besides, we have the pacman ghosts and Sheriff too. If we can get these staple video games as assist trophies, Space Invaders should be no different because of how it can be uniquely approached despite appearing simple

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I was looking at the first one he picks, specifically. Anime logic screwed everything else.
If I recall correctly Oshawott was the first he gets in Gen V and Snivy was the last one. Turtwig was the first one he captured in IV. Bulbasaur and Chikorita were the first one in Gen I and II, with Squirtle and Totodile being the last ones.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
First time I've seen someone refer to NiGHTS exclusively as "she/her".
They did in Journey of Dreams, and to be frank saying "they" when referring to one person always jars me. I've tried to accommodate for my nonbinary friends but outside of speaking to them, I'm just not wired to do it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
>Scorbunny shilling
I sleep
>The Pokémon Sun and Moon anime ending and the series moving away from Slice of Life/Whatever the **** it is back to Battle Shonen
REAL ****
R E A L
Ash wil never win a League. All part of the Holy Script.

If I recall correctly Oshawott was the first he gets in Gen V and Snivy was the last one. Turtwig was the first one he captured in IV. Bulbasaur and Chikorita were the first one in Gen I and II, with Squirtle and Totodile being the last ones.
Anime logic screwed up my memory.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I wish.
But then in that case he got Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Oshawott, Froakie and Rowlet as his first picks, which would still be too random for a pattern. At best all it shows is that he leans towards getting Grass types first.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Don't get my hopes up, dammit.
>Scorbunny shilling
I sleep
REAL ****
R E A L
If there's one thing that keeps me from watching more pokemon anime, it's that, and team rocket.

Imagine episodes unburdened by having to take care of them and fly them off.
Of episodes where ash and pikachu dont almost lose to level 5 pokemon on a new adventure. :O

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>Scorbunny shilling
I sleep
REAL ****
R E A L
>ash
>winning the league
>implying he'd break a 30 year old chain of faliures now

MainJPW

M.T.A
Superman 64 is the true sequel to NiGHTS.

CHANGE MY MIND.

They did in Journey of Dreams, and to be frank saying "they" when referring to one person always jars me. I've tried to accommodate for my nonbinary friends but outside of speaking to them, I'm just not wired to do it.
That and the voice actress. I usually try to refer to NiGHTS as “they/them” but sometimes end up using “she/her” anyway. Can’t help it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It comes with the competitive teasing. Besides, we have the pacman ghosts and Sheriff too. If we can get these staple video games as assist trophies, Space Invaders should be no different because of how it can be uniquely approached despite appearing simple
I know, i was just teasing back ;)
Actually, funnily enough, I wasnt thinking of posting it but accidentally clicked the button :p

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If it started on 3DS then it's been quite some time since the game shifted to Switch. The graphics are too detailed for it to be a simple shift job from 3DS to Switch.
Are they though? They are less detailed than Link Between Worlds, they just appeared more detailed due to a more dynamic lighting system similar to Wind Waker HD's and, of course, high resolution textures. The base models and graphics do not look like they'd be too much for the 3DS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everytime you get into a debate you post accidentally?
or you mean something ruins the debate
I think for a minute on whether I should post it, and by the time I think it's not worth it, suddenly the post loaded onto the page XD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think for a minute on whether I should post it, and by the time I think it's not worth it, suddenly the post loaded onto the page XD
uhh heh. i havent had that exact experience, but sometimes it's not too far from it.

I just realized the thread title is called 'the subtitle' right now. some other people arent totally serious or are undecided too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We are never gonna get a new protagonist for the Pokémon anime are we?
Given that they still have the SAME DAMN protagonist who is seemingly immortal for two decades no.

Seriously what more character development can that immortal kid have?

Either they should had done the Jojo approach for every region or ended the anime on the Hoenn region.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Our hopes will never get higher than Kalos.

A serious love interest for Ash, the strength of Ash-Greninja and his team overall, Ash making it to the finals of the League

*sigh*
NEVER FORGET
6E7EFF05-4BAC-4467-A94F-C330C306FD65.jpeg

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
HAHAHA.

Buddy, there are certain things that'll simply never happen in life:
-Two parallel lines intersecting
-Bing being more popular than Google

-Someone actually reading through a contract
-Ash winning a Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom