• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Mewtwo Update's

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey! I'm an incredibly oldschool M2 main from melee, and literally only played Sm4sh once at an e-sport bar with a pro controller. I'm trying to parse out how M2 works in Ultimate, and what to expect. He looks incredibly solid, top-tier material, so it is pretty hype.

DJC
You say DJC is back, but in the videos I have seen it still seems to function like Sm4sh in that characters using fair during their double jump continue their jump. Does DJC only work during a certain window of the second jump? I'd be very happy to know if something like instant DJC aerials were on the table, cause that could potentially be borderline broken.

Teleports & Teleport Cancels
I'm assuming that jump canceled teleports aren't a thing. In fact you mentioned landing lag was nerfed, meaning that landing is a punishable thing in Ultimate. This makes me sad, cause I use teleport a lot in my movement in melee, and was a very unique attribute of M2. You mention teleport canceling, which is also a thing in melee. In melee you had edge canceled teleports and platform teleport cancels involving your character being at the absolute right height on a platform to trick the game that you had landed without invoking any landing lag. I assume that teleport cancels in Ultimate function more like the latter, meaning you have to have strict timing/spacing to cancel on a platform? Would definitely like more information.

Ultimate Engine Changes
From what I've seen I'm assuming a lot of Brawl-like tech seems to be in this game. Stuff like running turnaround aerials. I also see some B-sticking like tech with M2 and shadow ball. I've also heard that you can run cancel and dash dance. Can you run cancel out of a dash? By that I mean you just press down at any point and you are able to use any grounded move. I assume not, but I know you can at least upsmash out of dash from what I've seen in vids.

In any case, really hoping to get some clarifications and the like. Look forward to the new game, hopefully it will be as great as it looks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom