• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

DUB

Smash Lord
Divekick is too hype because its only raw skill that determines who wins. Divekick for EVO.

In another news, just bought Shuma :troll:

Edit: Recommendations for a point character for my Ammy team? Somebody/Taskmaster/Ammy. I was considering Firebrand for some Cold Star setups. It seems Cold Star/Arrows is good enough shell for any offense oriented point character.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Edit: Recommendations for a point character for my Ammy team? Somebody/Taskmaster/Ammy. I was considering Firebrand for some Cold Star setups. It seems Cold Star/Arrows is good enough shell for any offense oriented point character.
Heh, that's funny. Just recently I've been using Iron Fist/Hawkeye/Ammy. It's working pretty well for me. I've also used Firebrand/Ammy before, I personally didn't like it but I've seen it work. Zak Bennet (iirc) uses Firebrand/Dorm/Ammy, if you want to see it in action.

:038:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why are smashers so godlike at marvel
like not even high level smashers lol...I wonder what'd happen if m2k started playing XD

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I think its because its easy to learn stuff in umvc3 than in other competitive games like street fighter, tekken and mortal combat. And plus its a little similar to smash since it has characters from different worlds/games/series. Its also kinda traditional

Turazrok

Smash Master
Dude Chris G Dieminion play sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lame. What possible enjoyment is there in playing like that. Because if you don't enjoy it why do you play?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Damn.

ChrisG's got his number.

I hope he pulls through, but there is absolutely no shame in getting second.

Edit: Boooooo. Good job, Brightside.

Smooth Criminal

stingers

Smash Obsessed
chris g did his thing...morrigan/doom is seriously the most boring thing ever, I dont even feel like watching marvel when chris g is playing x.x

Turazrok

Smash Master
That playstyle is painful to watch. I honestly have zero respect for it. :/

Like IDC how hard people claim it is..

It's lame, boring... stupid

TL?

Smash Ace
UFGT8 was awesome. I just got back. I'm kinda sad I went 0-2 in marvel and SCV though. It was fun to see brightside 3-0 THE EVO CHAMP, and make it all the way to second through the finals. I was yelling like crazy in all them matches. It was a fun weekend. I did manage to perfect someone with point arthur, and got to play two other arthur players. Pretty amazing for my first tournament!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Play to win!
When does playing to win go too far?

Someone wrote an article about that once. can't remember who sadly. But nevertheless there does come a point when playing to win can go too far.

I mean there's no inscribed rule saying I can't slap the stick out of my opponent's hands on accident in an extremely ludicrous and unrelated case.

I'd actually take that over morrigan tho

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
When does playing to win go too far?

Someone wrote an article about that once. can't remember who sadly. But nevertheless there does come a point when playing to win can go too far.

I mean there's no inscribed rule saying I can't slap the stick out of my opponent's hands on accident in an extremely ludicrous and unrelated case.

I'd actually take that over morrigan tho
Playing to win in a video game =/= acting like a douchebag in real life.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
SPIT ON DIS MOTHA****A!

OHHHHH

Great job, man. Only caught GFs against ChrisG but I'm definitely gonna pour over the archives tonight for the rest of your matches.

Smooth Criminal
I only had 3 matches recorded. Flocker, Dieminion, Chris G. Me vs Viscant, Andre, and Wentinel were all off stream.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
No, you vs viscant was on stream wasnt it? Or maybe Im just thinking of flocker lol. all the damn phoenixs blend together

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I did some looking and I couldn't find those offstream matches you mentioned. That would probably explain why---they were offstream. Lol.

Oh well. Good **** anyway.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom