• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Gaming Zone Presents: Sector B

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Brawl Singles:

1: Meep ($420.75) (Ice Climbers)
2: NEO ($191.25) (Marth)
3: P~S ($114.75) (Olimar)
4: ChuDat ($38.25) (Kirby)
5: Sonic Master (Sonic)
5: Takeover (Snake)
7: Candy (Snake)
7: Sin (Metaknight)
9: HAT (Metaknight/Snake)
9: Boss (Luigi)
9: Tantalus (R.O.B./Metaknight)
9: Deez (Diddy Kong)
13: NinjaLink (Diddy/Snake/others)
13: Waffle (Zero Suit Samus/Lucario)
13: EE (Dedede/Falco)
13: Mankosuki (R.O.B.)
17: TKO (Kirby/Pokemon Trainer)
17: KillingWind (Sonic)
17: Shadofiend (Sonic)
17: Falcon (Diddy Kong/Captain Falcon)
17: DQ (Wolf)
17: Bloodynite (Ganondorf)
17: BetaZealot (Falco)
17: Tristan Win (Sheik)
25: Kojin (Sonic/Metaknight)
25: Broady (Lucario)
25: XLR8 (Sonic/Marth)
25: 5% Tax (Dedede)
25: The Koolness
25: Black Hale
25: 17 (G&W)
25: NKB (Fox)
33: Mclovin
33: Paradise
33: Bird
33: I win
33: Paradyse
33: Blazah
33: Torres
33: N Dude (Pit)
33: Rakownz
33: GIGA GIGA
33: Siris
33: Stax
33: JoeMaru
33: Kirbike
33: Manray92
33: Aeon Phoenix
49: WOTA
49: Hobo
49: Eric Chavez

Brawl Teams:

1: Kornn + NinjaLink () ($264.00)
2: Meep + Chu () ($132.00)
3: Boss + Sin () ($44.00)
4: Neo + HAT ()
5: Deez + Takeover ()
5: P~S + Candy ()
7: Shadofiend + Sonic Master (Steak)
7: Gonzo + ESOJ (Muppet Show)
9: Captain Bullyforce Awesome
9: BetaZealot + NeverknowsBest (DragonballNKBZ)
9: Snowmen
9: Waffle + Lil'B (Green Waffles and Ham)
13: KirbIke
13: Gochu
13: Aim
13: The Regulars (Dorian + Morcio)
17: Team Young Guns
17: Flash Flicker
17: Paradyse
17: Torres
17: Got Owned
25: Kiss the baby

Shoutouts and comments in a different post

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
A Sonic got 5th place. that's something I guess. he's not going back down anytime soon... regardless, this tourney proves that my sonic is garbage, and so is my metaknight.
I'm never playing Metaknight again.

Speed: good stuff.
TKO: good commentary son. It's the only thing i did right it seemed...
Chu: I gotta be honest, you probably should have lost again, but i think you two stocked him one of them so that could be just me. I dont think I'm ever gonna tell someone how to beat a sonic again, because now I feel like its somewhat my fault.
Neo: Nice seeing you beast without using meta, though i wish you did it against Meep. That chaingrab **** is just not fair by any standard.
Shado: again with the lack of focus. when will you reach where Speed has gone? I may never know.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Good job SM5!!!

New best Sonic in MD/VA :p

Edit: Agreed w/ EE...if the singles were $10 I might've been convinced to come but because I was strapped for cash/planning to go to JCaesar's, I didn't end up going. Then again, 6 Sonic's at a tourney instead of 5?

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
This tourny was awesome because it had such a great attendance and the venue was PIMP, I would come back anytime just lower the singles cost, more people would have entered, think about it logically!

I did alright, should of used more D3 then Falco/MK

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****, nice job Alan, I didn't know you made it to the tourney. I tried calling you all day! We are brawling monday btw. Try to get a ride from your dad after work. I'll bring you home at night. Great stuff though man. You progress so consistently. Also congrats to Sin and SonicMaster. I saw Sonic's matches. Very nice.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ok, now my thoughts and shoutouts for the event:

The venue- Good venue, not quite up to full speed yet. I think there is tons of potential for this to be the next cyberden/c3 style tournament. It is a good venue and is in a mall and also in a very good location. They need to do some remodeling in the venue to bring it up to speed. The LCD tv's are too high on the wall IMO.

LAG tv's should be off limits unless absolutely necessary to complete the tournament. Just focus on the TVs we had on the tables. You might want to pick up a few of these.

Registration was awful though, you guys know it at least, I'll explain how to remedy this very easily-

A. Make your signup sheet 1 page
B. Unless its absolutely necessary to get people's personal info, only have the following lines:
1. Gamer Tag
2. Team Name + Partner
3. S, D, or Both

This makes things quick and easy. And is more convenient than flipping a page. Also, don't have someone go take entries AGAIN after the original entry list.

As for payouts, I was informed that the winning team was given a payout of $228, where it should have been $264, 228 would be a payout for 19 teams, but we had 22 teams enter the tournament (all marked as paid.) The same thing would've happened for singles if I hadn't shown them the computer software calculations and entrants. PLEASE consult with the Tio software before making payouts- as there are probably going to be 6 people that are upset about this, because everyone got cut short. You should probably pay for NinjaLink, Korn, Chu, and Meep's entries at the next event (I think boss and sin got paid the actual amount they were supposed to get)

All in all, the tournament went very smoothly and I was happy with the turnout. Deez stepped it up about halfway through the day and made the tournament run as opposed to just leaving the bracket sit, so props to him for taking initiative.

As for the seeding, after some initial complaints, it ended up not mattering. I hope everyone was happy with it- if there is anything I can do to improve it just let me know. I was happy with it myself.

I will definitely come to more tournaments here in the future (provided you do payouts correctly for teams next time, you might want to figure out what happened here)

Coney

Smash Master
HE TAKIN' OVAAAAAAAAA

good **** pal, welcome to the 5th place club. yours means a lot more than mine, you beat more good people...and i honestly think you could've gotten further, man...so hows about now let's get the **** moving to top 3, eh? you and me, kid, we're going far

really really wish i could've made it, warms my heart to see so many upsets.

sonicmaster, congrats! nice hypnopunches! play me! i've still yet to see why sonic is so **** scary @_@

congrats on the big turnout, deez...really impressed by the large amount of new players...hopefully they'll come to more stuff!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Who is this "bird" guy who used my tag and wolf? LOL. I didn't even go to this tourney and random people telling me I got *****. I also wouldn't ever switch off wolf unless I'm versin a d3.

edit: Oh wow two wolves went. Wolves MM me in wolf dittos anytime for any amount.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Who is this "bird" guy who used my tag and wolf? LOL. I didn't even go to this tourney and random people telling me I got *****. I also wouldn't ever switch off wolf unless I'm versin a d3.
some randoom....like a really random random...he was also playing "some random ike guy" and they had like a whole group hyping that match up like it was a legit match...**** was funny

SHOUTOUTS B4 i sleep

NEO - good stuff...LOL @ you dissin Anti on the stream

P~S - Money Match???...lol

ChuDat - One day chu.....one day The PT awesomeness will be too good for you

Sonic Master - I see you making moves now...**** poppin off for you

Takeover - also gets the making moves award

Candy - Rico Candy...lmao

Sin - good stuff

HAT - matches are always fun...something outrageous happens everytime

Tantalus - .....Yeah.....

Deez - My ***** deez...good stuff helping me set up and what not

NinjaLink - thanks for the diddy textures

EE - I see you trying to let that black side come out....lol

Shadofiend - You will get it soon enough we need to stop placing 17th in EVERY Tourney

BetaZealot - my white counterpart

Kojin - sorry man....thanks for helping with commentary tho (and actually saying something unlike a few other people....)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
some randoom....like a really random random...he was also playing "some random ike guy" and they had like a whole group hyping that match up like it was a legit match...**** was funny
Wow at them using my tag though. I must have fans. LOL.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone for showing support to the first Ultimate Gaming Zone tournament, yea there a few loose ends here and there. but i thought it came along well during the middle of the tournament. as for the payouts i'm not sure what exactly happen and how it got screwed up. but ill look into that Asap. as for T.vs on the wall being to high is because we don't like the customers changing the volume and channel there selves. but ill take in consideration about just using the tvs we had set up on the tables.

I like to say shoutouts to the pepole who helped me and i really appreciate it.

1.P~S- couldn't of done most of this without you.:chuckle:
2.Tant- Thanks for coming through with your Tio system and helping with the brackets.
3. Sin- you also showed initiative in helping with the brackets in calling out peoples matches.
4.thanks to all the people who randomly shout out names for me when I asked.

Shoutous:
1.Meep- payout Too Goodz?
2.Neo-Lol ICs are gay is ok =\
3. P~S- Why!!!:(
4.Chu- P~S is def your counter as of right now :chuckle:
5.Sonic Master- Wow really stepped it up in singles.. Sonic has no bad match ups XD
6.Sin- I always seem to kill myself while playing you :( but good stuff none the less, you still suck tho:chuckle: jk and mad props to beating NL in winners.. very very unexpected Deez basement too goodz?
Boss- UpB too goodz?Ok stop entering singles for now on... your just feeding the pot when you dont try and give your matches away.:mad:
Korn- as i said before ill figure out what happen to the pay ok? but good **** in teams sir,
Candy- .... uhhhh wtf? :(
NinjaLink- o.O wat happen mah dude?
Takeover- urghh we need more teams practice :ohwell:
Esoj- why no enter?:(
TKO- good **** on live feed sir, worked out real well in the end.
Tant- better luck next time against meep XD.
Yoster- sideline is too goodz lmao.
Hat- ....:mad:

Good Games to everyone who came. unfortunately during singles I was exhausted and had barely any energy to play my matches. people who saw my matches could vouch for me as well.. I felt really sick on top of it. but again thanks everyone for showing support.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Good **** Sin, SM5, and Tant! I'm going to be at the next one if you host this. You can quote me on it. :)

Beta, stop losing to R.O.B., he's a trash character. ;)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh yeah two more things

Lil'B- I still have your controller. I'm not going to C3, so i'll see if I can get it to EE and have him give it to you

TKO- the reason I never let you commentate is because pretty much everyone complained to me about it via AIM. Seriously, what Hova said was the complaints I got from 10239310801 people after Chu's dojo and C3. That's why I didn't let you commentate. EE and Btree and others do a better job and thats why I prefer them. I personally never have to listen to the commentary- I'm at the venue, I'm not watching the stream, so I don't know what you're saying/doing, but all I know is people complain about your commentary ALL THE TIME, and it was irritating enough that I just said "I'll just not have TKO on the feed much." That's pretty much it, plain as day.

clowsui

Smash Legend
were grand finals singles/losers finals singles recorded?
from what i watched this tourney seemed pretty good =)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh yeah two more things

TKO- the reason I never let you commentate is because pretty much everyone complained to me about it via AIM. Seriously, what Hova said was the complaints I got from 10239310801 people after Chu's dojo and C3. That's why I didn't let you commentate. EE and Btree and others do a better job and thats why I prefer them. I personally never have to listen to the commentary- I'm at the venue, I'm not watching the stream, so I don't know what you're saying/doing, but all I know is people complain about your commentary ALL THE TIME, and it was irritating enough that I just said "I'll just not have TKO on the feed much." That's pretty much it, plain as day.
Welll instead of letting it happen twice...why don't you/ee/coney/whoever is supposedly better then me give advice instead of talking behind peoples back............

thats all im sayin

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Didn't I just say I don't know what you commentate about? I just hear "TKO sucks get him off the stream"

I haven't talked anything behind people's backs, people complain about it to me. Why not just ask the people you see in the stream?

I'd say if you want advice, commentate on the match more and react to the users less.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Oh yeah two more things

Lil'B- I still have your controller. I'm not going to C3, so i'll see if I can get it to EE and have him give it to you
yea I rushed out and forgot it =/

but yea give it to E to bring it if you can

Not like I can play on the weeks before C3 so no big deal

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Deez - thanks man, I'll wait then but I don't know how am I going to give $18 to NL.... :/ we should've double check it

TKO - I'm not sure if you have a recorder :/ but if you can record my team matches let me know, and you can send them to me through my USB, next time I see you :) thanks

--------------
I really love the venue, I wish I could've walk around in the mall... lol

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
shoutouts

1: Meep- GOOD **** *sighs* we shoulda went to game 3... i'm so close... i'm beating you... i swear >.<
2: NEO - *cries* i was up 2-1... i coulda won :s fun sets once i was done being depressed and realizing i can actually win the **** match up XD you adapt to well :/ sucks no one watched are set, that spike was only cause hova kept saying "needs more spikes" hahahaha
3: P~S -meh... next time
4: ChuDat - you like stepped it up against me, you had it... i def thought i was done :s and didn't you say you were scared of NL.... then you remembered we were md/va and beat him i guess haha and good stuff stepping it up the 2nd time you played sonic master XD
5: Sonic Master - good **** today... i was def waiting for you in loser semi's.... but chu stepped it up lol, good **** today
5: Takeover - i just saw that you beat boss in winners... good ****, you keep getting better... stop scaring me when we play
7: Candy - stop running from me XD i swear we will nvr play each other :s
7: Sin - good **** today... i mean one of ny's top players loses to... an md/va unranked player... yea, nj/ny would beat us XD
9: HAT - you truly hate olimar lmao... but i will always player super mad homo against you... if yo are mk XD
17: BetaZealot- keep your head up, learn your match ups... and realize your not good and need to get better.... thats what i tel myself after every tourny.. first thing i said when i got in the car.. "deez, i need to get better"

p.s.i took neo to game 5 XD it was actually a good set... but you b@stards left *evil eye* and neo... you left you controller, its at deez's
also.. pretty sure meep should have stayed #1 on the PR list :s sorry chu :/

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
1: Meep ($420.75) (Ice Climbers)
2: NEO ($191.25) (Marth)
3: P~S ($114.75) (Olimar)
4: ChuDat ($38.25) (Kirby)
5: Sonic Master (Sonic)
7: Candy (Snake)
7: Sin (Metaknight)

btw ban mk