• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate customization as a final DLC - Modding tools.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Smash ultimate has a lot of customization, which is great. I'm hoping for a lot more customization options in the released game, or at least as dlc in the future, in the form of a really in depth stage creator, customizable jumping/gravity physics, more game mode options, the ability to add custom music, etc. But I think as a send off when Sakurai finally decides hes done with Ultimate, it would be amazing for everyone (including Nintendo) to release modding tools to the community. Nintendo could benefit greatly with this the same way Steam does, as the community can make official mods curated by Nintendo that can be sold for a small profit. Nintendo and modders alike would make money - same as in Steam. This would be so perfect. I know Japan is kinda against this kind of thing, but how great would it be if they finally got with the times and opened the gates to modding?

Making an official project m styled game for us "fanatics" can finally be possible, people can finally add Shrek and whatever other crazy nonsense they wana add lol. It would be so much fun for everyone.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Personally, I'm just hoping Project TUSSLE would reach completion.

Failing that, someone else could create the MUGEN-for-Smash engine that we sorely need.

There are just too much limits to working within an established Smash engine that I dislike.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

Failing that, someone else could create the MUGEN-for-Smash engine that we sorely need.

There are just too much limits to working within an established Smash engine that I dislike.
Fair, but modders have done so much by hackinggg the game and have had to figure out how the hell to do it. Modding tools would streamline the process for non hackers.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would actually love this. Stuff like scrolling stages, new stage bosses (Volcarona FTW), new characters... I'd be all over this.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

The very idea of MUGEN for Smash already sounds awesome

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Is there somewhere I can read about this without having to wade through tumblr archives?

Top Bottom