• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Co-OP CD Factory! (UPDATE: VIDEO!)

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: VIDEO! Poor quality because of digicam, but this will do for now. Sometime later today or tomorrow I'll get a high quality video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zg28YmYM3Gc

Today, my brother and me were experimenting with the stage builder to improve the CD factory someone posted on youtube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=qN5qnUpWA_Q) and tried to make it as fun and fast as possible.
After some time we got a really great stage. To play most effectively at it you have to use
  • 2 Pikachus
  • Some substitute (for example some heavweight like Ike, DeDeDe, who just lays around and gets pummeled occasionally)
  • Team Battle (NO friendly fire)
  • Fast Brawl (so the conveyor belts go faster)
  • 99 Stock (don't worry, the substitute will survive long enough with 99 stock)

The stage is built so that the Sandbags can't be smashed out of the stage and there are low ceilings, so they come down after smashing. Just spam D-smash, U-Smash, F-Smash and Jab for picking up Stickers/CD's

We recorded a replay of it, and I'm waiting for my friend to come online, so I can send it to him to record it. I'll update this post later today with the video.

Valgarus

Smash Rookie
Sounds like an improvement to me, I'll check back for the vid later.

Nice thinking with the ceilings etc so the sandbags can't run away!

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like an improvement to me, I'll check back for the vid later.

Nice thinking with the ceilings etc so the sandbags can't run away!
Uhm, they're not actual "ceilings", because then the Sandbags wouls spawn on it. Actually there are 3 stories of conveyor belts and they are arragned so that the bags cannot escape when you smash them on the lowest level. Of course, occassionally a highly damaged Sandbag will excape, it's the same for the substitute, but my brother and me got about 20-30 Sandbags at once most of the time, the game already started to lag.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I might try this when I urgently NEED these stickers and CD's. But now, I'll just collect those on my own without cheats.

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I might try this when I urgently NEED these stickers and CD's. But now, I'll just collect those on my own without cheats.
This is in no way a cheat, it's just the smart use of several functions in the game.

aaron123

Smash Cadet
I love it when Scrubs call things like these cheats.
Dunno if I'd call it a cheat per se, but it's most definitely an exploit. No doubt it takes out hours of playtime that could've been spent getting these CDs and stickers otherwise.

I'm undecided if I want to spend the time to earn the things through normal play, or just have the awesome music available ASAP. But it's good that someone's found a way to do it if I want it sooner.

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
By the way, for singleplayer uses, just build one half of the stage and make a wall.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
That is very clever, but ruins the fun of finding and collecting CDs
Yes indeed. I learnt this weeks ago but never used it. Collecting them in battle are more fun.
I enjoy watching people do this, but I'm not attempting to do so.

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
Yes indeed. I learnt this weeks ago but never used it. Collecting them in battle are more fun.
I enjoy watching people do this, but I'm not attempting to do so.
After getting most of the CD's it just gets more and more frustrating to get the last few ones. So this is a nice and fun way to get them more easily

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Ha, and Sakurai thought he was going to waste my time collecting music.

The original CD factory was pretty good but, this one's even better.

I'll defiantly be using this.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
WOW, this is a really good idea! I'm going to steal this from you/original-creator-of-cd-factory when I play it this weekend, kthxbai.

Also, maybe you should try a box level. I've heard if you line the ceiling of a box of squares with spikes, they spawn inside the box. If you did that, and had conveyor belt floors, maybe that would be best? It would certainly keep them close :D

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Phew, thanks to this I now have all the CDs... and I got Youko as a trophy as well! ;)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I have a really awesome CD factory idea. So I'm playing on the traditional CD factory, (look at the first picture here http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/CD_Factory), using Kirby's neutral a combo (I'm a HUGE Kirby fan; he's awesome :)), when I start to get bored because it takes like 5 minutes to get a CD, and I wonder if I could do this more efficiently. So I switch to his up tilt, figuring it's a good juggle move and it hits fast, sort of like what my Vulcan Punch was doing. Man, that was my best idea ever (that's saying something). I'm getting stickers every 3 seconds (literally) and CD's every minute or 2. In like 18 minutes, I got 10 CD's and I don't know how many stickers.

On another note, why am I a "Smash n00b"?

Top Bottom